Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

Martin out ? Shame. Though as a first year player and doing as much grunt work as he was, resting is probably a good idea.

Cotch and Martin out....we just lost about 20% of the entire side's skill level. It's such an uneven looking lineup. Rance at FF...lucky Scarlo is still out he would eat Alex for breakky. Thursfield is the biggest plus probably.

Baloo said:
Martin out ? Shame. Though as a first year player and doing as much grunt work as he was, resting isn't probably a good idea.
Why not?
Its not as if its going to affect our Finals chances. :hihi :hihi

Excellent to see Martin rested.

He's been doing plenty of grunt work & should be eased through his first season.

18 games would be ideal for him.

Absolutely gutted...am making the trip down and these two (Cotch and Martin), along with a few others are one of the few reasons I was looking forward to the match...

Very disappointing to see White and Hislop named in the side, albeit an extended bench at this stage.

Would like to see the bench on matchday as listed

Webberley, Collins, Farmer, Simmonds.

wow, jacks still in team.
i thought after last week he would be lining up for meetung 2nds this week.

then again maybe he is being punished by cotchin and martin being rested.

Not too bad given the Chimp and Martin are out. Good to see Polo straight into the starting lineup, and hopefully Webberley plays.

Newman said:
Absolutely gutted...am making the trip down and these two (Cotch and Martin), along with a few others are one of the few reasons I was looking forward to the match...

Very disappointing to see White and Hislop named in the side, albeit an extended bench at this stage.

Would like to see the bench on matchday as listed

Webberley, Collins, Farmer, Simmonds.

Agree

Brodders17 said:
Richmond
B: Luke McGuane, Will Thursfield, Kelvin Moore
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Chris Newman
C: Shane Edwards, Daniel Jackson, Ben Cousins
HF: Ben Nason, Jack Riewoldt, Robin Nahas
F: Mitch Morton, Alex Rance, David Astbury
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Dean Polo, Nathan Foley
I/C (from): Troy Simmonds, Matt White, Jeromey Webberley, Mitch Farmer, Andrew Collins, Tom Hislop, Matthew Dea

In: Hislop, White, Morton, Jackson, Polo, Thursfield, Webberley
Out: Richard Tambling (leg), Trent Cotchin (leg), Troy Taylor (leg), Dustin Martin (soreness)

New: Jeromey Webberley (Clarence)

Hislop :eek:, White, :eek:, Simmonds still in :eek:. Thought Browne was pretty good for Coburg, should've got a game. I'm now convinced Simmonds place in the leadership group is keeping his spot in the side safe.

Hopefully they're just resting Martin/Cotchin and it's nothing serious, especially with Cotch's history. Pity, put them back in and the side doesn't look absolutely terrible on paper.

Barnzy said:
Hopefully they're just resting Martin/Cotchin and it's nothing serious, especially with Cotch's history. Pity, put them back in and the side doesn't look absolutely terrible on paper.

We are saving them for round 9!

Jack is lucky to still be in the team. I hope he has been threatened with a Coburg jumper like Lids was last year and he comes out and has a very good game. It's a shame to see Cotchin and Martin out but a week off could be a good decision for the long-term. I'm glad polo came straight back into the side and is getting a run in the midfield. He did some very good things there in the VFL last week. Hislop better not play this week I didn't even see him getting a run in the VFL last week. It's good to have Thursty back. We have missed him the last few weeks. I also hope Webberley gets a crack.

Thirsty, Jacko, Polo & Morton look like the 4 likely replacements.

As others have said, its a real shame Martin & Cotch haven't come up, DH said earlier in the week that he was going to play Martin on Selwood, which would have been great for his development... next time!