Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

Big Cat Lover said:
It's only my opinion, and I've only seen the goo play FB on a few occassions and IMO he is a better option. He's faster, stronger, taller and hasn't shown the panic reactions that McGuane displays weekly. He doesn't display misplaced aggression. He's displayed good closing speed, good judgeemnt of the ball in flight for his spoils and also good decisions when to go for the mark.

It astounds me that supporters think McGuane is a good player. It astounds me the goo was not promoted and Polak was. It astounds me people think Newman is a good player. It astounds me we kept Simmonds on the list. It astounds me supporters think our backline is not the biggest problem. I'm forever being astounded by the tigers. But, it won't astound me when the goo shows us he is a better option than McGuane.

Hopefully the goo gets his chance to prove me right.
Good Post :clapthe Goo looks a much better option than McGuane

Can posters who think that that Hardwick dropping Morton is acceptable but dropping Reiwolt is not provide me with some reason for this. IMO Reiwolt's attitude looked really bad last week and a message of some sort needs to be given to him. Okay, i 'm not privvy to what is going on for him but in terms of fairness if Morton was dropped for some reason that was not apparent surely Reiwolt would go for something very obvious. IMO a bad performance by a senior player can be overlooked as a one-off but bad attitude needs to be nipped in the bud. Interested in others' opinions. BTW I am not a Jack-basher, just looking for fairness in team rules and expectations.

McGuane is a good footballer, he was our only true defender on saturday nite, He has aggression and great running ability,
Gentleman Moore is a major concern, Plays 2 good games a year and gets out mark constantly from smurfs,
Newman looks like he doesn't want to man up and plays to high up the ground to be a defender.
Its true that we need to start to build a strong defence, but i think Mcguane can play a roll in the future..

zippadeee said:
McGuane is a good footballer, he was our only true defender on saturday nite, He has aggression and great running ability,
True about the last 2 points - aggression and running ability. But its what he does once he has the ball in his hands that is the biggest concern. He panics and ends up either putting a team mate under enormous pressure or simply turns it over to the opposition. No doubt he puts in a 100% each week but in saying that we need to find an upgrade on McGuane if we are to progress further up the ladder in years to come.

MalenyTiger said:
Can posters who think that that Hardwick dropping Morton is acceptable but dropping Reiwolt is not provide me with some reason for this. IMO Reiwolt's attitude looked really bad last week and a message of some sort needs to be given to him. Okay, i 'm not privvy to what is going on for him but in terms of fairness if Morton was dropped for some reason that was not apparent surely Reiwolt would go for something very obvious. IMO a bad performance by a senior player can be overlooked as a one-off but bad attitude needs to be nipped in the bud. Interested in others' opinions. BTW I am not a Jack-basher, just looking for fairness in team rules and expectations.
I think it's because there have been games this year when Jack has done very well with very limited help. His 147 SuperCoach points against Melb (Frawley as his opponent) is example of that - and certainly something Mitch hasn't produced this season. That said, I'm not entirely convinced he won't be dropped this week for his petulance. We'll see this arvo I suppose.

hopper said:
I think it's because there have been games this year when Jack has done very well with very limited help. His 147 SuperCoach points against Melb (Frawley as his opponent) is example of that - and certainly something Mitch hasn't produced this season. That said, I'm not entirely convinced he won't be dropped this week for his petulance. We'll see this arvo I suppose.

Well summed up! Also leaves a much hole in the fwd line than Morto

No use shattering the Kids confidence against a rebounding Geelong:

OUT:Dea,Astbury,Vickery,Martin,Nason,Farmer,Tambling & Taylor[inj]

In:Mcmahon,Hyslop,Graham,King,Polo,Morton,Jackson,Thursfeild. ;D

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
No use shattering the Kids confidence against a rebounding Geelong:

OUT:Dea,Astbury,Vickery,Martin,Nason,Farmer,Tambling & Taylor[inj]

In:Mcmahon,Hyslop,Graham,King,Polo,Morton,Jackson,Thursfeild. ;D
Well you're getting a wooden spoon for Christmas now for sure, Skipper. ;)

MalenyTiger said:

I think Morton was dropped for not following team instructions. Dimma was filthy with him when he snapped that miracle goal from the boundary line against Melbourne. Did not look happy at all and had words with him. Maybe he was meant to centre the ball into the corridor. Good on Dimma for enforcing his will if that is the case.

As far as Riewolt is concerned, I think he has transgressed more than Morton and should be dropped as well. The stated team rule of 'when it's your turn to go, you go' was definately broken a few times by Jack last week.

Eg
-Didn't punch in defence and let his man take an uncontested mark in front of him.
-Didn't go for the ball and gave away a stupid and undisciplined free kick and then looked even dumber with a rediculous dive attempt.
-General attitude looked poor, not listening to coaches instructions.

Easy answer is- Sort it out at Cobug Jack and come back when you want to play a team game.

I agree with the comments re Jack. There is no doubt that he is a talented player and will be a great key forward for this great club. But he doesn't work hard enough for an AFL footballer. I will not be surprised if Dimma gives him a spell in the VFL. Jack needs to go back and work on his attitude to play for his team-mates and improve his work rate. The downside to dropping him is, who will kick goals for the team.

hopper said:
Well you're getting a wooden spoon for Christmas now for sure, Skipper. ;)
Its all about Timing Hopper.
When its a good time to keep the kids in and when Not too. ;D

Been confirmed this arvo that Scarlett and Corey are both still out for the Cats.

Jake King has been suspended for 2 matches by the VFL, so that rules him out to replace Tambling.

hopper said:
Jake King has been suspended for 2 matches by the VFL, so that rules him out to replace Tambling.

Damn, there goes any chance we had of a win.

Tigers will be amazing odds for half/full time double, you never know footy is a funny game... I will have $10 on it

Richmond
B: Luke McGuane, Will Thursfield, Kelvin Moore
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Chris Newman
C: Shane Edwards, Daniel Jackson, Ben Cousins
HF: Ben Nason, Jack Riewoldt, Robin Nahas
F: Mitch Morton, Alex Rance, David Astbury
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Dean Polo, Nathan Foley
I/C (from): Troy Simmonds, Matt White, Jeromey Webberley, Mitch Farmer, Andrew Collins, Tom Hislop, Matthew Dea

In: Hislop, White, Morton, Jackson, Polo, Thursfield, Webberley
Out: Richard Tambling (leg), Trent Cotchin (leg), Troy Taylor (leg), Dustin Martin (soreness)

New: Jeromey Webberley (Clarence)