Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

btoz_01 said:
Why has Sloppy been named what has he done to deserve a recall?

horses for courses i assume. he does have a big body and likes throwing it around. we will need the bigger bodies against geebong

LidsBling&Cotch said:
horses for courses i assume. he does have a big body and likes throwing it around. we will need the bigger bodies against geebong

Sloppy will take a few grabs but once hes got it will just cough the ball up to the Pussies. ::)

Big Cat Lover said:
It's only my opinion, and I've only seen the goo play FB on a few occassions and IMO he is a better option. He's faster, stronger, taller and hasn't shown the panic reactions that McGuane displays weekly. He doesn't display misplaced aggression. He's displayed good closing speed, good judgeemnt of the ball in flight for his spoils and also good decisions when to go for the mark.

I saw Goo play a bit at Subiaco before he came over to Richmond. I have not seen him play since.

I've posted it on here before, but at Subi, he had the hallmarks of being an effective FF. He was very quick on the lead, led well, could take a grab and was a suprisingly good set shot for goal.

Regardless of his capacity to play at FB, unless he has really regressed or the step-up is too much for him, I would throw him in up forward and see if we can get something out of him up there.

Brodders17 said:
then again maybe he is being punished by cotchin and martin being rested.

Unfortunately it looks like Cotch and Martin have not been rested:

"Richmond young guns Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin have been forced from the team through injury for Sunday’s trip to Geelong."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/93306/default.aspx

Hopefully it's not too bad and we are just being cautious :'(

Streak said:
I saw Goo play a bit at Subiaco before he came over to Richmond. I have not seen him play since.

I've posted it on here before, but at Subi, he had the hallmarks of being an effective FF. He was very quick on the lead, led well, could take a grab and was a suprisingly good set shot for goal.

Regardless of his capacity to play at FB, unless he has really regressed or the step-up is too much for him, I would throw him in up forward and see if we can get something out of him up there.

Yep, now is the best time to give him a go at FF, no one else is stepping up ATM
Too bad he is on the rookie list

Good to see Polo back in the side, hopefully he gets a run with role on someone like Bartel or Selwood. Jackson should go to Ablett, and if I remember correctly

Newman played a good game on Stevie J a couple of years ago so he should get that job. Johnson got soundly beaten by Jordan Russell last week and I do not rate

him at all, so it will be interesting to see how he responds. He did kick 6 the week before against Port.

Good to see Morton back in.

Currently, to me, Polo seems the most over rated player on PRE, Morton the most underrated.

Pommell said:
Good to see Polo back in the side, hopefully he gets a run with role on someone like Bartel or Selwood. Jackson should go to Ablett, and if I remember correctly

Newman played a good game on Stevie J a couple of years ago so he should get that job. Johnson got soundly beaten by Jordan Russell last week and I do not rate

him at all, so it will be interesting to see how he responds. He did kick 6 the week before against Port.
It will be a waste putting our best tagger Jackson on Ablett.
You can`t really stop Ablett and by putting Jacko on him that let`s Selwood get a free run.
Jacko killed Selwood in the same game last year so let him do the job again.

Better off stopping one of them at least,and it`s almost impossible to stop the little champ for four quarters.

Ablett gets force fed the pill by his teammates so we`re better off trying to stop the supply to him.

Leysy Days said:
Excellent to see Martin rested.

He's been doing plenty of grunt work & should be eased through his first season.

18 games would be ideal for him.

Agree, five weeks and a week off is a great move. We are thinking long term. Luke Ball is a tale that no one wants to see repeated.

Life as a Richmond fan is tough at the minute but we are trying to get better longterm, not risking every thing for a game we are going to lose is the smart play. Keep the faith people.