Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

tigermouseau said:
Still no Polak - just can't work out why we elevated him from rookie list.

He must be getting some time away from the club. He didn't play last week as his father past away.

Polak will get a crack sometime this season, I wish he would have already had games because we could have used him taking marks in the forward line.

arlobill said:
Streak said:
I saw Goo play a bit at Subiaco before he came over to Richmond. I have not seen him play since.

::) :eek:..okay so who is "GOO"?? ::)

David Gourdis, pronounced Goo-dis.

Drafted PSD in 2007, demoted to rookie in 2008, played FB Coburg last week.

RedanTiger said:
David Gourdis, pronounced Goo-dis.

Drafted PSD in 2007, demoted to rookie in 2008, played FB Coburg last week.

COOL :)...Ive heard his good..love to see him and or griffiths sometime soon...but isnt GOO not able to play seniors as he isnt on the rookie list???

we need a tall full foward

arlobill said:
COOL :)...Ive heard his good..love to see him and or griffiths sometime soon...but isnt GOO not able to play seniors as he isnt on the rookie list???

we need a tall full foward

Yeah, there's a post on here somewhere comparing Goo's draft camp results to NicNat (Nick Natanui) where Goo beats him in leap, agility and 20m sprint.

Correct, Goo not able to play until mid-year rookie elevation this year. Polak and Roberts were our two rookie elevations pre-season as we had no veterans.

Cameron believed Polak was our tall full forward. Hardwick seems to disagree, so far.

btoz_01 said:
I thought Sloppy was dropped because hes not AFL standard.
He's not but we're playing a Cats side with big bodies who will cane us no matter who we have in the side.
Better to give some blokes - Hislop and White - games at this time to rest the younger kids who don't need to be exposed to the Cats just yet.
Hislop and White won't play much more this season only as backstops for the younger kids when they need a break.

RedanTiger said:
Yeah, there's a post on here somewhere comparing Goo's draft camp results to NicNat (Nick Natanui) where Goo beats him in leap, agility and 20m sprint.

Correct, Goo not able to play until mid-year rookie elevation this year. Polak and Roberts were our two rookie elevations pre-season as we had no veterans.

Cameron believed Polak was our tall full forward. Hardwick seems to disagree, so far.

I posted those draft camp comparisons a few weeks back... They are surprisingly similar to NicNat.... There of course is the obvious height difference between the 2....

Gourdis vertical jump - 81 cm ... Nick Naitanui vertical jump - 78 cm
Gourdis 20m sprint - 2.83 sec ..... Nick Naitanui 20m sprint - 2.86sec
Gourdis Running Vertical Jump 101cm ..... Nick Naitanui Running Vertical Jump 102cm

bringbakflemmo said:
He's not but we're playing a Cats side with big bodies who will cane us no matter who we have in the side.
Better to give some blokes - Hislop and White - games at this time to rest the younger kids who don't need to be exposed to the Cats just yet.
Hislop and White won't play much more this season only as backstops for the younger kids when they need a break.
I wouldn't at all be surprised if resting chimp and dusty was made many weeks ago

Leysy Days said:
Reiwoldt at Centre Half Forward. Shock Horror.

Rightly, Zero chance of being dropped.

Good move ...I mean how else is he ever going to take over from Roycey baby as the clubs greatest CHF as he was annoited to become back in his Rookie season ??

keepa lids onit said:
our supurb ruckman simmonds is still in ??? i dont know whether to :rofl or :'(

Very interesting isn't it lids. Disgraceful performance after disgraceful performance and he still gets a gig. Not too happy either, thought Browne was pretty good last weekend for Coburg and it was worthy of a call-up over Simmonds. 16 touches, 6 marks, did well with the hitouts and was composed around the ground. Got praise on EOTT too saying it was his best game of the year.

Personally, I think his place in the leadership group is keeping his spot in the side safe. I don't see them dropping someone in the leadership group cause it would raise some questions. Shouldn't be there in the first place anyways.

Most changes in club history, rounds 1-6:

Ch Year
----------
27 1947
23 2010*
23 1976
22 1986
22 1969
21 1959
21 1908
20 1943
20 1923
20 1918
20 1917

* Will be higher if any of Hislop, White or Webberley make the cut

Most ever is 29 for South Melbourne in 1958.

Tigers of Old said:
Mentioned briefly in the HUN that the Chimp has a hip problem(again?).
Repeat hip - major concern I would have thought. Perhaps it is more RR like Martin. Here's hoping.

Elmer said:
Repeat hip - major concern I would have thought. Perhaps it is more RR like Martin. Here's hoping.

Doesn't matter, as long as we can get Tuck and Jackson out of the team.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40158.15

RedanTiger said:
Doesn't matter, as long as we can get Tuck and Jackson out of the team.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=40158.15
I have no-idea what this reference means?

Elmer said:
I have no-idea what this reference means?

Elmer it's not you. I'm just so sick of posters with pet hates against Simmonds, Tuck, Jackson and Polo who want them out of the team and don't think thru the ramifications of their hatred.

All these posters who consistenty slam these older players with little response against them and then when Hardwick does the smart thing resting Martin and Cotchin (who may have injury recurrence) everyone comes on and congratulates him and worries about Cotchin. Where the bloody hell were you when posters were crapping all over Jackson, Tuck and Polo? If you won't even fight on here for blokes who bleed for you every week then what does it say about our supporters?

If these guys aren't in the guts taking the hits and doing the dirty work while the kids develop, we'll just destroy these kids.

We are right on the cusp. If we do not properly and patiently develop our first, second and third year players right NOW, we're doomed.