Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

Outs - Tambling (Inj), Taylor (Inj), Dea and Simmonds
Ins - Thursfield, Webberly, Browne, Polo

Need Thursty, every team needs a stopper and even though doesn't give a lot of run but gee we still need someone to stick those long mits out and repel those forward attacks...

Polo should be in the side was one of the best if not the best V the box hill hawks...

Webberly really liked his game, gave great run and ball use was quiet good...

Browne was very happy with his game, the guy can at least take an overhead mark, plonk him in the fwd line when vickery is rucking...

Oops forgot about Morton, needs to come in also not sure on the out though!!!

MB78 said:
Bring in Polo for Farmer and the team is then spot on.

polo deserves a spot after what i saw on the weekend, but i think farmer was actually pretty good on the sunday night...

i cant wait to see griffiths and webberley either

id rather simmo as a tall full foward.and either browne or graham interchanging with vickery as ruck

arlobill said:
polo deserves a spot after what i saw on the weekend, but i think farmer was actually pretty good on the sunday night...

i cant wait to see griffiths and webberley either

id rather simmo as a tall full foward.and either browne or graham interchanging with vickery as ruck
We can't play all three against the Cats. Ottens is a good ruck but a pretty standard type these days. Blake is a non-entity. They don't have any other options. Quick players (preferably with an ability to kick) are our best chance of having periods where we compete with Geelong. Webberly and Roberts must be a chance.

Thursfield can come in for Dea. Means we can plonk him on Podsiadly as a pure stopper. Pods' kicking isn't great so he'll need multiple opportunities. Thursty can limit those.
McGuane can play on Mooney and they can spend the day trying to look angrier than each other while being largely ineffective.
Moore can take Hawkins. Moore is the most creative of the 3 so needs to play on this big clod and get off him in a hurry whenever you can. Fair dinkum, Hawkins looks like he wouldn't chase an ice cream truck to the corner at the moment.

If Simmo goes, it's Browne who's most likely it seems. Like for like - so no big deal.

With Taylor and Tambling out, they MUST be replaced by speed and skill. I think this puts Webberly and Roberts in the frame ahead of Polo, Jackson, Polak and Post.

hopper said:
We can't play all three against the Cats. Ottens is a good ruck but a pretty standard type these days. Blake is a non-entity. They don't have any other options. Quick players (preferably with an ability to kick) are our best chance of having periods where we compete with Geelong. Webberly and Roberts must be a chance.

Thursfield can come in for Dea. Means we can plonk him on Podsiadly as a pure stopper. Pods' kicking isn't great so he'll need multiple opportunities. Thursty can limit those.
McGuane can play on Mooney and they can spend the day trying to look angrier than each other while being largely ineffective.
Moore can take Hawkins. Moore is the most creative of the 3 so needs to play on this big clod and get off him in a hurry whenever you can. Fair dinkum, Hawkins looks like he wouldn't chase an ice cream truck to the corner at the moment.

If Simmo goes, it's Browne who's most likely it seems. Like for like - so no big deal.

With Taylor and Tambling out, they MUST be replaced by speed and skill. I think this puts Webberly and Roberts in the frame ahead of Polo, Jackson, Polak and Post.
Roberts?You have to be joking.Hasn,t got a tank even at VFL level.

My side to give the Pussies a run for their money

B McGuane Thursfield Newman
HB Polo Moore Edwards
C Deledio Martin Collins
HF Cousins Riewoldt Nahas
F Morton Rance Nason

R Vickery Tuck Foley
IC Browne King Cotchin Jackson

Out of the side -Simmonds, Taylor inj, Tambling inj, Farmer, Dea, Astbury

btoz_01 said:
My side to give the Pussies a run for their money

B McGuane ThursfieldNewman
HB Polo Moore Edwards
C Deledio Martin Collins
HF Cousins Riewoldt Nahas
F Morton Rance Nason

R Vickery Tuck Foley
IC Browne King Cotchin Jackson

Out of the side -Simmonds, Taylor inj, Tambling inj, Farmer, Dea, Astbury

If King couldn't get in last week with 5 goals in the VFL I doubt he will this week and maybe DH has finally realised he's not AFL standard and wants to play others in front of him? From what I saw of the Coburg game I'd have no hesitation in playing Webberly in front of King.

Also other one I disagree on in Astbury. He had a great debut game kicking 3 goals but can't expect that every week. I haven't been able to see him live yet but seems like from what I can tell he presents very well as a lead-up target. That's a big problem with our forward line, no one presents. He has a lot of potential and I'd keep him in for now. Agree with your other ins/out though, here's my team.

B Moore Thursfield Newman
HB Polo McGuane Edwards
C Deledio Martin Cotchin
HF Cousins Astbury Morton
F Rance Riewoldt Nahas

R Vickery Jackson Foley
IC Browne Collins Tuck Nason

OUT: Simmonds (shocking), Dea (won't hurt him to go back to VFL after he's had a taste), Farmer (makes way for Thursfield/matchups), Taylor (inj), Tambling (inj)
IN: Browne, Polo, Morton, Jackson, Thursfield

We need those 3 talls up back for Pods/Mooney/Hawkins. Would also considering dropping McGuane as I thought he was terrible and I'd bring in Post. Don't see them dropping him though, protected species.

Didn't think Farmer was that bad on the weekend but he makes way for the extra tall (Thusfield) against Geelong. Tuck plays in the middle to protect Martin from doing all the bash and crash or not at all. End this HBF crap for him. Don't see Rance making it in the forward line because he can't take a mark to save himself and he got all his goals on the weekend from free kicks. Still, he was pretty good so you can't drop him, seeing his name in the forward line just looks weird though.

That side is pretty much as close to our best 22 as possible, you could add Tambling but he hasn't been doing much anyways. It will give us a settled line-up and we can just make the 2 or 3 changes every week instead of the 6.

/rant

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Roberts?You have to be joking.Hasn,t got a tank even at VFL level.
But he's at least quick and has good footskills.

If we go with the standard changes such as bringing in Morton, Browne, Polo, Jackson and Thursfield we reduce our speed dramatically across the ground. That's the ONE area we may be able to expose the Cats. I think Carlton revealed a chink in the Geelong armour yesterday and we'd be mad not to have a crack at exploiting it.

hopper said:
But he's at least quick and has good footskills.

If we go with the standard changes such as bringing in Morton, Browne, Polo, Jackson and Thursfield we reduce our speed dramatically across the ground. That's the ONE area we may be able to expose the Cats. I think Carlton revealed a chink in the Geelong armour yesterday and we'd be mad not to have a crack at exploiting it.

Not sure I'd call Real-Time Roberts fast. I'd still give him a game on the basis he has a brain and good skills. We lack brains and skills more than pace.

martyshire said:
Not sure I'd call Real-Time Roberts fast. I'd still give him a game on the basis he has a brain and good skills. We lack brains and skills more than pace.

Oh he's quick Marty, unfortunately ATM he only has two speeds standing still and flat out. (mostly standing still)

I like him. I think he needs a solid run of games at Coburg though.

I don't think you can promote Roberts after a 3 possession game for Coburg, though he did kick a nice goal.

Tambling and Taylor are out, that's a given, Polo & Morton were both good for Coburg on Saturday, so they come in.
Dea needs to learn the caper, and this is probably best done at Coburg, though it hurts to say it, Jake King has played well at Coborg
the last couple and has earnt a promotion. Effort should be rewarded. Riewoldt needs a kick up the bum, but as Richmond doesn't have anybody to replace him with he stays, but must be on notice.

lamb22 said:
Oh he's quick Marty, unfortunately ATM he only has two speeds standing still and flat out. (mostly standing still)
I like him. I think he needs a solid run of games at Coburg though.

Perfect description.

Anyone who watched the game on Sat could not possibly call for his promotion. He was a spectator to many contests where with better fitness he could have participated. Needs to get fit and show some application and earn a spot.

Big Cat Lover said:
Perfect description.

Anyone who watched the game on Sat could not possibly call for his promotion. He was a spectator to many contests where with better fitness he could have participated. Needs to get fit and show some application and earn a spot.

Relton did show in 1 passage of play on Saturday what he can do. He ran through the centre bounced the ball and kick a lovely goal. The rest of the game he may as well have been one of the trainers giving the boys their drinks.

btoz_01 said:
Relton did show in 1 passage of play on Saturday what he can do. He ran through the centre bounced the ball and kick a lovely goal. The rest of the game he may as well have been one of the trainers giving the boys their drinks.

Looking at him, I doubt that he'd share, he'd drink the lot himself.

Look - it's hard for me to read the Coburg form from Darwin ok! But I do think we need to have fleet footed players come in this week. Carlton exposed Geelong's slowly aging list yesterday with run and spread quickly from the contests. We don't get that by adding Thursfield, Morton, Polo, Browne and Jackson - almost regardless of who goes out for them. They "match up" against Geelong's more mature bodies but not well enough to challenge them in any way. We can't compete with these guys at their own game - we need to change the rules of engagement a little. Just my 5c anyway.

Losing Taylor and Tambling this week hurts - as they are at least quick and use the ball ok. Must replace their main attributes rather than grasping for guys who again were doing their "big fish" impersonations at Coburg but don't offer anything new to the team.

hopper said:
Look - it's hard for me to read the Coburg form from Darwin ok! But I do think we need to have fleet footed players come in this week. Carlton exposed Geelong's slowly aging list yesterday with run and spread quickly from the contests. We don't get that by adding Thursfield, Morton, Polo, Browne and Jackson - almost regardless of who goes out for them. They "match up" against Geelong's more mature bodies but not well enough to challenge them in any way. We can't compete with these guys at their own game - we need to change the rules of engagement a little. Just my 5c anyway.

Losing Taylor and Tambling this week hurts - as they are at least quick and use the ball ok. Must replace their main attributes rather than grasping for guys who again were doing their "big fish" impersonations at Coburg but don't offer anything new to the team.

I understand where you're coming form Hopps but I think we'd do Relton a disservice by playing him before he builds up some form and appetite for the contest at Coburg.

I think he got 5 possessions on the weekend and he basically had a roaming role to go wherever he wanted. Kicked two nice goals (one very nice) but did little else.

I actually pre- empted the Carlton forward line thinking by suggesting our indigenous boys compliment Astbury and Jack up forward. I'd like to see that tried down the track. A form of it seemed to work well at Blue land.

I'd actually like to see Polak at ff and drop Jack. He didn't play on the weekend (probably because his father passed away) but I think we need a big strong target at ff, with the likes of Nahas and Nason snapping at his feet to pick up the crumbs after he brings it to the ground. He will take their best defender (Scarlett if he's back from injury). Astbury needs another game to hopefully gather a few more touches and goals. He didn't do much against freo but the week before against dees had a good debut.
I also hope that Lids can continue to play like he did on the weekend - it was probably on of the better games I have seen him play. In the past however, he has failed to back up the following weeks and this is what he needs to do.
I think Polo and Morton both need to come back in the side, however McMuffin was dreadful so he needs to stay where he is atm.
I haven't heard how griffiths is progressing - he didn't play for coburg and was wondering if that shoulder injury he had in the off season is still preventing him from having a run.
Thought Post was okay in the second half but would leave him there for another week or two to get his confidence.

Barnzy said:
Dropping Riewoldt for Polak is ludicrous.

Couldn't understand that either - Reiwoldt would really have to have got up Hard's wick to get that sort of outcome :mad: