Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

Tigerbob said:
B. Farmer Thursfield Moore
HB. Deledio McGuane Newman
C. Collins Cotchin Martin
HF. Morton Astbury Nason
F. Nahas Riewoldt Rance
R. Simmonds Foley Jackson
INT: Vickery, Cousins, Tuck, Edwards.

Bring in Polo for Farmer and the team is then spot on.

Baloo said:
Just our luck to be playing Geelong the week after they lose a match they should have won easily. Can't help but think they'll be coming out to prove a point.

And what would they prove beating Richmond :rofl

Sorry Big Bear, couldn;t resist it ;D

ah, beating us I am not worried about. Breaking their record for the biggest winning margin against us is what scares me.

TigerForce said:
Why do you want Dea out?

To bring Thursty back in for balance. Also he had a good taste of it, think he can go back to Coburg and continue to build on his game. People are forgetting he is a newcomer to the sport, still a lot of refining left for this kid. Was blitzing it at Coburg, should be told the area's to work on and go back and perfect them....That's what development is. I have been impressed, but plenty of time for this kid.

MB78 said:
Bring in Polo for Farmer and the team is then spot on.

I am flabbergasted at the amount of crap Farmer is getting.

He was on Ballantyne most of the night and would of had him goalless if it wasn't for stupidity from a couple of our players, McGuane and Rance. He kicked his third after cheating the outside of the pack and luckily a Farmer smother rebounded to him. For the first two and a half quarters he was nowhere and that was due to Famer. Also a couple of plays from Farmer showed he is a good kick of the footy. Too many on here have little idea, or want to jump on a player and not let go. He is doing his role fine and the coaching staff can't be in more praise of him. He has just completed his 7th game of AFL football and is improving every week. He is tough, uncompromising and will be developed to play on the small forwards in the league. We have much bigger problems than Farmer and he fits nicely in our 22.

Tigerbob said:
To bring Thursty back in for balance. Also he had a good taste of it, think he can go back to Coburg and continue to build on his game. People are forgetting he is a newcomer to the sport, still a lot of refining left for this kid. Was blitzing it at Coburg, should be told the area's to work on and go back and perfect them....That's what development is. I have been impressed, but plenty of time for this kid.

I would rather give him a 2 or 3 more games to 'feel' the 1sts as we're not playing for points anyway. To open a spot for Thursty, maybe move Farmer into Tambo's role and drop Tambo.

Great. Cats lose today and looking to tear someone a new one. Enter RFC :'( :'(

Tigerbob said:
Too many on here have little idea, or want to jump on a player and not let go.

Definately agree with the latter - good call Bobster, but it is PRErequisite around here ;)

TF, who would you put Dea on if he stayed? I think he would go just for match-ups, quite apart from agreeing he could do with some easier game time while honing his skills.

Phar Ace said:
TF, who would you put Dea on if he stayed? I think he would go just for match-ups, quite apart from agreeing he could do with some easier game time while honing his skills.

Dea on Ablett (resting in attack) or Stevie J would be a good experience for him.

Tigerbob said:

Can see some logic bringing Dea on slowly but not to bring Thursty back. Thursty just doesn't get the ball any more. Pure stoppers don't have a place in modern football.

Out: Tambling Taylor (inj) Reiwolt Simmonds Dea
In: Morton, Thursfield, Polo, Jackson, Browne

I think that whoever we bring in this week needs to be a runner, fast if possible.

This is how Carlton got on top of Geelong today. If we are hoping to achieve something similar then we must go in with a team capable of spreading quickly. Maybe an opportunity for Webberly and/or Roberts - maybe even King. Wouldn't mind Polo getting a crack at S.Johnson either.

If Thursfield comes in, it should probably be for Dea. Willy should take Podsiadly.

hopper said:
I think that whoever we bring in this week needs to be a runner, fast if possible.

This is how Carlton got on top of Geelong today. If we are hoping to achieve something similar then we must go in with a team capable of spreading quickly. Maybe an opportunity for Webberly and/or Roberts - maybe even King. Wouldn't mind Polo getting a crack at S.Johnson either.

If Thursfield comes in, it should probably be for Dea. Willy should take Podsiadly.

Agree the Pussies looked very slow today.

IN - Polo King Browne

OUT - Tambling Taylor Simmonds

Farmer Moore Newman
Edwards McGuane Deledio
Collins Cotchin Martin
Cousins Astbury Nahas
King Riewoldt Nason
Vickery Tuck Foley
Browne Polo Rance Dea

If Jackson fit would probably replace Dea!! Think Rance & King forward could be a revelation with forward pressure along with Nason & Nahas. You can see the Hardwick is building once this side can get his style & can run a game out we will get close to winning a game. All the pressure is on the Cats this week all will be tipping a 100 point flogging.

Out - Taylor, Tambling, Farmer, Dea, Simmonds
In - Polo, King, Webberley, Post, Graham.

Taylor, Tambling both injured. What's the go with Taylors injury ? Is it long term ? If so we could perhaps promote Gourdis.

Seen enough of farmer to realise he's not good enough

Dea has a massive confidence issue with his kicking. needs to go back to coburg and back his kicking and gain confidence.

Simmonds - whats the point in playing him. rotate browne and graham every week untill one stands up.

still slim pickings from coburg. we need to fast track griffiths, hicks, grimes, westhoff into coburg firsts to get a good look

Tigerbob said:
I am flabbergasted at the amount of crap Farmer is getting.

gotta agree with ya their TB, i mentioned as u know a few weeks back when comments started coming in re Farmer and i thought hold on the guys played like 5 games all up...7 now!

Thought he played really well on Ballantyne, 2 gimme goals from riewoldt and mcguane for stupidity right in front of goals....not farmers fault for those 2 goals, take them away and he has 1....
15 possies each and even though i think Ballantyne was a tad more effective, farmers output to restrict him to 1 goal was impressive...

Im somewhat confident in that farmer will just continue to grow as a footballer, has a great attitude and appetite for the contest and can see him improving each week as he gets more games under his belt...