Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

Phar Ace said:
Very, very, very unready Too.....
Sad really, when you see a kid like Roughhead for the Bullies come in and thrive............

its quite easy to look good when you're in a good side that has been playing great football in the past four years. If he was in Richmond this moment, would he be as good? No.

If we ever get doing, the young players we have will be better than average players.

No 4 said:
its quite easy to look good when you're in a good side that has been playing great football in the past four years. If he was in Richmond this moment, would he be as good? No.

If we ever get doing, the young players we have will be better than average players.

Also helps when Roughhead has had 18 months to develop in the VFL!

Out : Taylor, Simmonds, Tambling

In : Morton, Browne, Thursfield (if fit)/Post

Geelong will likely play 3 big talls up forward (Mooney, Hawkins, Podsiadly) therefore we will need the extra tall defender.

Pretty easy this week, I'd say

Tambling and Taylor out and King and Polo in. We need some men in there who are committed physically and mentally strong. We dont have the luxury of having a Hodge or Chapman on the list but King and Polo will lead by example.

If Thursty is right may come in at the expense of Farmer or Dea or even Mcguane who is really testing my patience.

Morton can wait another week. Webberley needs to do more at VFL level and Roberts needs to be played in the middle at Coburg till he picks up his 20 odd possessions and defensive intensity.

Going to be heavy weather until half way through the year when we might have Connors, Griffiths, Contin or Gourdis and Webberly and Roberts hopefully up and running and pushing for a senior spot.

Smoking Aces said:
Out: Taylor, Tambling & Dea
In: Jackson(if fit), Polo & Morton

Agree with this. I would also if fit bring in Thursfield for Farmer.

Just our luck to be playing Geelong the week after they lose a match they should have won easily. Can't help but think they'll be coming out to prove a point.

Does anyone really know what on earth is going on with Thursfield. He's barely rated a mention in injury reports but he's missed a month. Is he anywhere near ready to go or was his knee more serious than we thought/hoped?

hopper said:
Does anyone really know what on earth is going on with Thursfield. He's barely rated a mention in injury reports but he's missed a month. Is he anywhere near ready to go or was his knee more serious than we thought/hoped?

I think you might find that it is a hammy. ;)
No widely reported. :-X

Baloo said:
Just our luck to be playing Geelong the week after they lose a match they should have won easily. Can't help but think they'll be coming out to prove a point.

How so? You don't think Carlton deserved to win? And geelong should have won easily? Must have watched a different game.

Thirsty if fit has to come in, again I'm big on getting the Goo in for a kdp, don't see any harm in throwing lace out up forward to create a contest and add plenty of aggresion. Morton back in and why not give Polo a crack at Selwood, definatly have Cotch on GAjnr for a percentage of the game and wouldn't mind seeing lids run with Jimmy. Browne for Simmo

Big Cat Lover said:
How so? You don't think Carlton deserved to win? And geelong should have won easily? Must have watched a different game.

Going into this match most would have had Geelong as dead certs. That's my point.

For at least 18 months now Jordan Mcmahon has been a distraction to the team building now taking place. He should have been paid off at the end of last season when no one wanted him as a trade. Now a similar urgency exists to find room to give an opportunity to a player who unlike Jordan, may be a part of our future. It is a tough call but I think the time has come to delist him and give his place to Gourdis, who has looked pretty good both before getting injured late last year and since his return in the Nab.

Taylor and Tambling look likely to be unavailable. Simmo.. I just can't take it anymore.
Some improvement in the side yesterday. Reasonably happy with the effort.

In Browne Gourdis* Jackson Polo and Thursfield.
Out Tambling Taylor inj Dea Farmer and Simmonds ommitted.

B Edwards Thursfield Polo
HB Deledio Mcguane Moore
C Collins Rance Cotchin
HF Newman Gourdis Cousins
F Nahas Vickery Riewoldt
R Browne Jackson Martin
Res Astley Foley Nason Tuck.

Caroline Wilson is annoying the .... out of me. Her comment on AW today that Hawthorn have a bye coming up against us. ::) The RFC should simply not speak to her for the forseeable future.

OUT: Tambling(inj), Taylor(inj), Dea
IN: Morton Thursfield (have heard he has got the all clear)and Jackson

Thursfield is back to take on the Cats who have a three tall man forward line with Pods, Mooney and Hawkins. Thursfield shores up our defensive line and would like to give as much game time as possible to develop the Moore, McGuane and Thursty partnership, although McGuane is on very thin ice and if Post improves at Coburg he could easily replace him.

Morton is that extra goalkicker, just like they did with Nahas they sent him down to work on a few issues, hopefully he has taken that on board and will come back a better player like Nahas has done.

Jackson comes in and goes straight to Ablett. If we can limit him to 30 touches away from their forward fifty that would be a win. Let him get the footy, no one in the league can stop him doing that, just make sure they are the non damaging ones the other end of the ground.

B. Farmer Thursfield Moore
HB. Deledio McGuane Newman
C. Collins Cotchin Martin
HF. Morton Astbury Nason
F. Nahas Riewoldt Rance
R. Simmonds Foley Jackson
INT: Vickery, Cousins, Tuck, Edwards.