Changes R6 vs Pussycats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes R6 vs Pussycats

To me, Carlton proved once again that the Geelong defense is vulnerable against a mosquito attack.

Yarran, Garlett & Betts kicked 7 of their 15 goals.

I don't know how that's going to help us against Geelong on the rebound at Kardinia Park, but their weakness is still there.

Tigers of Old said:
Agreed.
If at all required let Hardwick deal with Jack and any perceived attitude problems by all means however the above is a ridiculous notion.

Preceived being the operative word ToO!

Outs: Taylor (inj), Tambling (Inj), Astbury (a couple of weeks in the VFL to get confidence)
Ins: Morton, Polo, Thursty (if fit), King, Polak (play him at full forward)

We need to address our lack of smarts and kicking asap. players that can't think and kick should not be selected. Simple. Slight allowances made for the taller blokes but there are no excuses for the mediums and smalls. Enough is enough of dumb footballers that can't kick. Once Connors returns put him in for King (push Polo into the midfield rotation with Collins, Edwards and Nason).

The teams not the best but our list is very ordinary. fast track Hicks, Grimes and Griffiths into the 2nds to have a good look. Also rotate Graham with Browne untill one stands up.

In - Thursfield, Morton, Polo, Post, Browne, Webberly, King
Out - Taylor, Tambling, Dea, Simmonds, Farmer, Rance, Tuck

B......Newman........Thursfield..........Webberly
HB....Moore............McGuane...........Polo
C......Martin............Deledio............Cousins
HF.....Morton...........Post................Edwards
F.......Nahas............Riewoldt...........King
R.......Vickery..........Cotchin............Foley
Int.....Astbury.....Collins......Nason.....Browne

We need to aim to put together a well oiled machine - enough of the chinks in the chain that ruin any momentum that we might have in our forward thrusts. Have a look at Melbourne - they are young but have class.

Need to persist with the more talented players and see who stands up. Those that do persist with, those that don't replace with the new set of draftees next year. Weed out the good from the bad, find the keepers and get a new batch. Don't waste time trying to teach a kid to kick. We are too far behind the 8 ball for this.

Not many people want to include Jackson in the squad this week.

My little birdie came back very cold this morning, it tells me he is a good chance of playing.

Phantom said:
To me, Carlton proved once again that the Geelong defense is vulnerable against a mosquito attack.

Yarran, Garlett & Betts kicked 7 of their 15 goals.

I don't know how that's going to help us against Geelong on the rebound at Kardinia Park, but their weakness is still there.

Yep cause their backline is quite big. Its a strength against most sides, cause they don't want to change their forward structure. The problem for Carlton is they can't use that attack all the time, I guess we could go with an attack of just Reiwoldt as the big guy and with Morton, Nahas, Nason, even stick Tambling down there.

IanG said:
Yep cause their backline is quite big. Its a strength against most sides, cause they don't want to change their forward structure. The problem for Carlton is they can't use that attack all the time, I guess we could go with an attack of just Reiwoldt as the big guy and with Morton, Nahas, Nason, even stick Tambling down there.

Tambling's injured - so he won't be of any use to us.

Barnzy said:
B Moore Thursfield Newman
HB Polo McGuane Edwards
C Deledio Martin Cotchin
HF Cousins Astbury Morton
F Rance Riewoldt Nahas

R Vickery Jackson Foley
IC Browne Collins Tuck Nason

OUT: Simmonds (shocking), Dea (won't hurt him to go back to VFL after he's had a taste), Farmer (makes way for Thursfield/matchups), Taylor (inj), Tambling (inj)
IN: Browne, Polo, Morton, Jackson, Thursfield

As much as I like Andy Collins, I'd prefer Mitch Farmer to get a vote of confidence after his excellent job on Ballantyne and keep his place, otherwise it's the team I'd name; I'd still like to see Newy up the ground, perhaps when Conners returns

geoffryprettyboy said:
Not many people want to include Jackson in the squad this week.

Surprised really. Jackson's hard body, engine and willingness to contest every ball 100% is what we need against the cats. Last time we played them he shut out Selwood.

Baloo said:
Surprised really. Jackson's hard body, engine and willingness to contest every ball 100% is what we need against the cats. Last time we played them he shut out Selwood.
You are probably right. We will need Jackson to run with one of their gun midfielders. On recent form, I'd think about Bartel. Of course there's still that Ablett bloke, but tagging him seems almost a waste of time.

lets not worry about hard bodies, hard nuts, run withs, tough, terriers, shut downs, stoppers, loves a contest etc etc etc and concentrate on finding, developing, persisting with players that have the smarts and can use the ball effectively. are we more concerned about stopping the bleeding or developing a slick skillfull cohesive unit. we are sh!t and the world knows it so what difference will it make if we lose by 100 points rather than 10 goals. Jackson - imo he is a weak link in the chain and more times than not our play breaks down when it crosses his path with his fumbling, slow hands slow mind and patchy kicking. Same with Tuck, just to name another.

Harry said:
lets not worry about hard bodies, hard nuts, run withs, tough, terriers, shut downs, stoppers, loves a contest etc etc etc and concentrate on finding, developing, persisting with players that have the smarts and can use the ball effectively.

Not sure why you want King in then? That description sums him up, he's a hard nut who loves a contest but he doesn't have the smarts and can't use the ball effectively.

I don't rate Jackson either but it's hard to see the coaches not playing him, that's why I included him as an in this week. Similar story with McGuane, not good enough to take us anywhere but they are not strong enough to take a risk and drop him.

Don't care who they pick, just keep the kids in that are already there and pick a few more to go with them.

Bring on those pussies

Barnzy said:
Similar story with McGuane, not good enough to take us anywhere but they are not strong enough to take a risk and drop him.
Blah blah blahrnzy. I reckon they simply disagree with you - it has nothing to do with strength. Can you really see Hardwick, Lade and Leppitsch sitting around biting their nails saying "Oooooh I wish we could drop McGuane ... but I'm too scared!" Nonsense. Umm, didn't McGuane just return from a club imposed suspension??

hopper said:
Blah blah blahrnzy. I reckon they simply disagree with you - it has nothing to do with strength. Can you really see Hardwick, Lade and Leppitsch sitting around biting their nails saying "Oooooh I wish we could drop McGuane ... but I'm too scared!" Nonsense.

Well what is it then? These more senior players like Jackson and McGuane are a lock for the team every week yet neither are good enough to take us forward.

McGuane was pathetic on the weekend but he won't be dropped.

Barnzy said:
Well what is it then? These more senior players like Jackson and McGuane are a lock for the team every week yet neither are good enough to take us forward.

McGuane was pathetic on the weekend but he won't be dropped.
Nothing like believing that because you say something it is now true, is there? You assume the selection panel are not "strong" enough to drop a player (despite him just returning from a club imposed selection). You assume that McGuane and Jackson are selection locks. You assume that McGuane and Jackson cannot take us forward because of your superior footballing knowledge to our coaching staff. Your assumptions are just random opinions Barnzy, not facts. Try to accept that not everyone will agree with them - and when they don't it doesn't make them weak. On the contrary, they are following their own mantras and beliefs rather than caving to the impatient.