Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

tigertim said:
Hey? Comparing Morris and Menadue? Wtf? Morris, 26, in his 8th season of senior footy and over 100 senior games v Menadue, 19 in his first season of senior footy and played what, 4 games? And as BT24 said Menadue plays far shorter game time than Steve. Silly comparison IMO.
Just for the record Menadue is 18. Not 19 until the 2nd week of the finals by which time he will hopefully still be in training !

But I agree with some posters, if he is going to be sub every week he will need a run in the VFL at some point. I don't see it as a choice with Morris however , competely different roles.

Really like this kid btw, I think we have a draft steal on our hands

joegarra said:
It's a bit weird how some supporters want Morris dropped because of single digit possessions but aren't saying Menadue should be. Menadue will not get better running up and down the wing for a quarter without touching the footy, therefore Newman in (just my opinion of course :) )
Menadue would get better if some senior players honored is leads.

Morris would be an incendiary sub.

Not being facetious. His fresh legs halfway through the third could be profound.

This way Menadue gets a full game.

Deledio, Martin and Cotchin more time up forward.

Sintiger said:
Just for the record Menadue is 18. Not 19 until the 2nd week of the finals by which time he will hopefully still be in training !

But I agree with some posters, if he is going to be sub every week he will need a run in the VFL at some point. I don't see it as a choice with Morris however , competely different roles.

Really like this kid btw, I think we have a draft steal on our hands
if he and Ellis rotate through should be ok I reckon. If he we was playing every week people would say he needs a rest.

rosy23 said:
Isn't it more about getting some decent game time and touch into Menadue rather than a comparison with Morris tim? Depends what plans they have for him but to my way of thinking he needs to play a full game and get plenty of he ball. If that has to be at the VFL then it's more for future development than a punishment.
Agree Rosy.

watched the first 3 quarters of the Freo game again last night and I am amazed that people still dismiss Morris - he was quite an influential player in those quarters and is an important player in our 22 - perhaps he is getting back to his form of 2013.

The wiggles have only come to Melb twice this year.
They lost round 1 v the Western Bulldogs at docklands.
They beat stkilda In round 8 at docklands.
This time it's Richmond at the MCG.

year of the tiger said:
watched the first 3 quarters of the Freo game again last night and I am amazed that people still dismiss Morris - he was quite an influential player in those quarters and is an important player in our 22 - perhaps he is getting back to his form of 2013.
I think it's partly because that game was far and away his best for the year, and it came in Rd 10. It's hard to tell if that's the exception rather than the rule. On his last game he deserves another go, but he has to be at that standard or close to it, to continue to justify his selection.

year of the tiger said:

Morris did have a good game but he's had 9 stinkers before it so he was coming off a very low base. Not currently in our best 22 based on 2015 form.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Given average winter weather, the Richmond/West Coast attendance record of 40K is set to be destroyed.

The missus and I will be there to swell the numbers. Hope it is not too cold up in that Tiger area stand. Rug up we will.

Just about our best lineup for the year. Id say newman will come in for menadue.

Bachelor Rance Grimes
Houli Chaplin Vlaustuin
Ellis Martin McIntosh
Deledio Griffiths Grigg
Edwards Riewoldt Vickery

R. Maric, Cotchin, Miles

I. Ellis, Morris, Hunt, Newman

I'm heading down on Friday. I'm hoping for 50-60k. Richmond fans have been stewing on beating the, previously undefeated, ladder leader for 2 weeks now.

Should I buy tickets beforehand or grab them at the ground? Coming down from the country and wouldn't mind decent seats.

Also can anyone please tell me what end of the ground the cheersquad sits? Cheers

Can't wait for this game.

What a pleasure it will be to knock off another top four team.

Carter said:
Can't wait for this game.

What a pleasure it will be to knock off another top four team.
Great Southern Stand, oddly enough the Punt Road End ;)