Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

Carter said:
Can't wait for this game.

What a pleasure it will be to knock off another top four team.

And the week after we play Sydney, so we have the opportunity to beat everyone in the current top 4 by next week. We then play 5th placed GWS (but they'll drop by then). Gives us confidence to push for the top 4 and play finals with a feeling that we can beat anyone - a bit like the Kangas last year. Brad Scott wouldn't shut up with "we can beat anyone". We've never had that with this group (Geelong/Pies always above us on the ladder looking unbeatable to us).

Chimptastic said:
And the week after we play Sydney, so we have the opportunity to beat everyone in the current top 4 by next week. We then play 5th placed GWS (but they'll drop by then). Gives us confidence to push for the top 4 and play finals with a feeling that we can beat anyone - a bit like the Kangas last year. Brad Scott wouldn't shut up with "we can beat anyone". We've never had that with this group (Geelong/Pies always above us on the ladder looking unbeatable to us).

We can and should push for top four. Things are unfolding very nicely indeed ;D

year of the tiger said:
our next 2 games will answer this I think - would have said next 3 except I think GWS are now cooked
Dont think so GWS have more depth than the Mariana Trench, and a pack of kids eager to show their wares...

Also the Melbourne game stick in my mind as one that we should and could have won had we kicked straight in the first half. If our boys come back and they are still on Pinjarra time we are stuffed..

No change to the team for mine BTW

year of the tiger said:
our next 2 games will answer this I think - would have said next 3 except I think GWS are now cooked

Next 5 are WCE, Swans, GWS, Carlton & St Kilda.

Need to win 4 of em.

No such thing as gimmies where the Tigers are concerned...

uhuh uhuh said:
Dont think so GWS have more depth than the Mariana Trench, and a pack of kids eager to show their wares...

Also the Melbourne game stick in my mind as one that we should and could have won had we kicked straight in the first half. If our boys come back and they are still on Pinjarra time we are stuffed..

No change to the team for mine BTW
Apparently GWS don't have a ruck man and we've got 3. If Newman's not right I can't see a change, either. Just hoping that they rotate the sub vest and don't give it to Menadue again.

toby64 said:

It will be a mental challenge more than anything this week, after golfing and spas during the Bye, getting the head back in gear is a finely tuned skill in itself. I worry a bit about this game, win and I don't care that much about a win or lose against Sydney because a rebound will be more likely and possible, but lose this week and Sydney and those little doubt worms start wriggling.

West Coast will have played three games over 12 days - rarely play at the G and don't get many night games (is that true?)

No excuses for the tigers

McGovern has flown with the group no back up tall among emergencies who travelled so looking like he will play . Time for TV to deliver the sly knee in the marking contest

year of the tiger said:
West Coast will have played three games over 12 days - rarely play at the G and don't get many night games (is that true?)

No excuses for the tigers

3 in 13 days in different states, same as Richmond's last 3.

Happy for them to play it up, Sanderson did it last year and was sacked two games later.

toby64 said:

Need to win 4 of em.

Our slim chance of finishing top four is on the line Friday, not so much against Sydney. Won't be easy but we need to beat the Eagles.

Carter said:
We can and should push for top four. Things are unfolding very nicely indeed ;D
Am with you Carts and acknowledging your positivity.
By gee this would be a good one to snag.

Tiger Pops said:
lets hope the ground gets a good rolling after the Wednesdays game of British Bulldogs is done with. :)...

IMO, the NRL always does impressive pre-game entertainment better than any AFL GF was. Tonight, once again, on our home soil, even though the crowd doesn't look anywhere near as packed as our games do. It was funny seeing Lids interview Billy Slater as we lent PRO to the Maroons for training. This little champ lives in Richmond and is a Tiger member.....if only we could draft him as a half back. ;D

Let's hope the ground remains in good nick and not like that ANZ Stadium bush.

Tenacious said:
Am with you Carts and acknowledging your positivity.
By gee this would be a good one to snag.

Yeah... the field is opening up nicely at the moment.

Now in recent years we'd stuff it up... here's hoping not though.

toby64 said:

Need to win 4 of em.

Tiges are just as likely to break your heart and lose this week and win the unlikely against the swans.

Rather do it the more conventanary way and beat the Eagles and lose honourably against swans...

Or just win both if you like

The latest teams according to what The Footy Show just showed:

B: Grimes, Rance, Batchelor
HB: Vlaustin, Chaplin, Houli
C: Grigg, Martin, B Ellis
HF: Edwards, Griffiths, Deledio
F: Morris, Riewoldt, Vickery
R: Maric, Cotchin, Miles
INT: Hunt, C Ellis, McIntosh, Newman, Dea, Elton, Gordon, McBean, Menadue.

B: Hurn, Schofield, Butler
HB: Sheppard, McGovern, Ellis
C: Wellingham, Priddis, Gaff
HF: Masten, Kennedy, Cripps
F: LeCras, Darling, Sinclair
R: Natanui, Selwood, Shuey
INT: Sheed, Rosa, Nelson, Yeo, Duggan, McInnes, Hutchings, Barass, Bennell.

Matty Dea could be smokey to come in and play on either Hill or LeCras with Grimes getting the other one.

To me i'd like.. NO CHANGE!
This group seem settled and are building week by week!

Go Tiges!!
]

TigerForce said:
The latest teams according to what The Footy Show just showed:

B: Grimes, Rance, Batchelor
HB: Vlaustin, Chaplin, Houli
C: Grigg, Martin, B Ellis
HF: Edwards, Griffiths, Deledio
F: Morris, Riewoldt, Vickery
R: Maric, Cotchin, Miles
INT: Hunt, C Ellis, McIntosh, Newman, Dea, Elton, Gordon, McBean, Menadue.

B: Hurn, Schofield, Butler
HB: Sheppard, McGovern, Ellis
C: Wellingham, Priddis, Gaff
HF: Masten, Kennedy, Cripps
F: LeCras, Darling, Sinclairu
R: Natanui, Selwood, Shuey
INT: Sheed, Rosa, Nelson, Yeo, Duggan, McInnes, Hutchings, Barass, Bennell.
Where's Hill