Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

It's hard to know what to think. I'd love both Griff and Conca to play. Conca played well in his first game back from injury last time round. Griff hopefully gives us that long down the line target we'll need. Lennon can do this at times but Griff is an upgrade if his hand is ok. I thought Lennon was set to do something special on Sunday but he was also just as likely to burn us defensively.

My worry is we can't afford one of these guys to not make it through as it will mean Newy has to play the whole game and I think he'll be a candidate to be subbed off with the speed of finals and a warmish and dry day. They are certainly brave inclusions. Hopefully fortune favours the brave. I can't wait.

Big Country said:
It's hard to know what to think. I'd love both Griff and Conca to play. Conca played well in his first game back from injury last time round. Griff hopefully gives us that long down the line target we'll need. Lennon can do this at times but Griff is an upgrade if his hand is ok. I thought Lennon was set to do something special on Sunday but he was also just as likely to burn us defensively.

My worry is we can't afford one of these guys to not make it through as it will mean Newy has to play the whole game and I think he'll be a candidate to be subbed off with the speed of finals and a warmish and dry day. They are certainly brave inclusions. Hopefully fortune favours the brave. I can't wait.

I am disappointed that Lennon is not playing but I was also worried about his fitness given the heat forecast on Sunday - thought he could be OK as the sub

Best team on the park at the moment

At least with Griff coming in it means Beavis is cognisant that the loose floating Hansen was shaping as problem for us.

Still would've rathered Lennon or Lloyd in favour of Newman, but Beavis is stubborn about that one. No Morris so thats a positive.

Still confident.

tigerman said:
Conca and Griffo are best 22, i feel for Lennon and Lloyd but i like the dynamics these selections give us.

I hope Newy is the sub, Conca playing midfield would allow us to give Dusty more time in the forward line which would more than cover the omissions of Lloyd and Lennon.

I like the look of this forward line

HF Brett Deledio, Ben Griffiths, Shane Edwards
FF Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery

Carn the Tiges!!
We haven't played a six-man forward line for most of the season. Lids - or jack - to start LMID, with the expectation tat North will win more clearances.

Our goals will come from our systematic work in getting it forward by working and chipping, as we have done for most of the last 10 weeks. The advantage of having bennie forward is that we can rely on him to make a serious contest in the air. It would be handy if he kicks straight and has a couple by quarter time.

That's just great. Now I have a real reason as to shut up shop, switch everything off and wait until well after the final siren on Sunday to find out how much this supporter-less nothing club has flogged us.

arlobill said:
lennon has been excelent of late....rising star nomination last week.....unfathomable that dimma believes newman and conca are better options...lennons a killer mark and great kick...

no lloyd and lennon....so who is gonna kick our goals? if ty and jack are held..we are stuffed

Goal kicking power? Dimma doesn't believe in it.
Yep.cant understand it at all.
Lennon should be in the side and Newman out. Simple as that.
Conca??
Let's hope he's right n not underdone.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
That's just great. Now I have a real reason as to shut up shop, switch everything off and wait until well after the final siren on Sunday to find out how much this supporter-less nothing club has flogged us.

Geez... come on Thai-guy. Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight... get down tonight!

Conca has supposed to have completed three weeks of full training with 'no issues'. When he came back against the Hawks he did a great job, adding some hardness, zip and another midfield rotation, something which will only help the team on a warm one coming out of winter.

Griff, well, if his hand is right, the big ?, he is a welcome addition. Remember last week when Nth killed a lot of 'down the line' contests. Big Ben just may help to make a difference to some of those results with his marking. He can then turn and kick it into the F50, making a big impact on the way Nth structure up defensively.

Hopefully you wake up with a big grin, for whatever reason ;), and start to look forward to the Tigers giving Scott's Old Folks Home a fair kicking!

SkillzThatKillz said:
Have a feeling the roos are going to run all over us.
Funny, I have the exact opposite feeling

Watching the Eagles last night reminded me of how we played against hawthorn 5 weeks ago. We bring that heat again and we win imo, North won't be able to match it

Sintiger said:
Funny, I have the exact opposite feeling

Watching the Eagles last night reminded me of how we played against hawthorn 5 weeks ago. We bring that heat again and we win imo, North won't be able to match it

I agree, i think we will win comfortably.
It's great to have Jack, TY and Griff all in the same side, it's been quite a while. We beat the Dockers and Swans with this forward setup.

powerful and brave 12 said:
Dimma walked into the selection meeting ,unzipped his strides and plonked his unfeasibly large testicles on the table.
One had Griff & the other Conca written on them ,Then walked out .

Absolute cracker of a post. I'll still laugh at that one tomorrow night if we lose... but i do have 1 point to make: people are talking about our ballsy selections for this game, but he still didn't have the balls to drop Newman.

The pressure the Eagles put on the Hawks was like how we shut down their time and space in round 18 - must bring that tomorrow against the Roos.

I still remember the Freo v Cats game down at Skilled and the amount of pressure the Dockers put on the Cats - it was ferocious. We need to hit North with the pressure we put on them after we went 16 points down last week and take control out of the centre.

As much as a lot of people don't rate Chaplin, he's an important part of our backline and when he missed earlier in the year we struggled. I think the defensive unit is working much better now and could cover him, but I'd almost bet that Morris would come in if he's out.