Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

spook said:
Griff and Conca will be super-fit. (Concs will be sub anyway.) Lennon and Lloyd are yet to run out a game. On paper, the side is better than last week.

Bold changes. I like 'em. Both the dropped lads a little stiff, but neither runs through the midfield or can help double-team North's biggest weapon, their ruckman.

Must say I am very surprised by these selections. But the point you make about Griffo helping out against Goldstein is a very good one.

It's the match fitness that concerns me; neither has played for 2 months or thereabouts and Conca has hardly played all year. He has a habit of breaking down lately; surely he is sub? Bring him on for Newman in 3rd quarter.

Lennon can justifiably be miffed. Thought he'd just about established himself. He should be in ahead of Newman; can't believe Hardwick's stubborness in selecting Newman who is clearly past it.

Hardwick has thrown down the gauntlet. If we win all is good; if we lose with 2 underdone players look out.............

Great subterfuge by the Club I reckon
I'm thinking the club knew some daysback Griff would be ready to go. They then slipped into propaganda mode with information about Griff maybe being available next week, pics of him with his finder in a bandage in club videos. Good work!

I reckon sub will be Newman or Conca.

I'm not convinced Griffo is a certainty. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lennon in for Griffo in the late changes.

The key is to score 90 points. Roos don't win when the opposition scores 90 points and don't lose when they don't.

Realistically 90 points is 13.14.

So we need 13 goals - from where?
Jack 2
Vickery 3
Martin 2
Lids 2
So we need 4 from Maric, Lambert, Edwards, Cotch, Grigg, Kamdyn, Griffiths, Conca.

Lloyd and Lennon were probably good for 3 between them, which would have left us needing 1 from a hatful of players.

Gutsy by Dimma but hope he understands that the stats don't lie

Some great posts guys - I'm feeling more reassured. I reckon as some have said already that Dimma and the panel have been cooking this for a while. Impressive if so.

TigerForce said:
I'm not convinced Griffo is a certainty. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lennon in for Griffo in the late changes.
Could be

spook said:
Griff and Conca are both more experienced than Lloyd and Lennon.

More experience/less fitness. I'm OK with it from a strategic viewpoint, but taking two underdone players into a final is almost daring the footy gods to strike a blow. Hope it doesn't bite us but I won't be surprised if it does.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
More experience/less fitness. I'm OK with it from a strategic viewpoint, but taking two underdone players into a final is almost daring the footy gods to strike a blow. Hope it doesn't bite us but I won't be surprised if it does.

Dimma is an athiest in this regard.

I don't get it.

The North backline struggles with mediums, struggles with the ball on the deck, struggles with medium forwards who can mark & have a ground game. Lloyd & Lennon have X factor. They also allo Lids, Shed, Dusty push up and back, now we need two around the 50 at all times.

I'm super nervous. I don't like this side, we've played to Norths strengths.

SCOOP said:
I don't get it.

The North backline struggles with mediums, struggles with the ball on the deck, struggles with medium forwards who can mark & have a ground game. Lloyd & Lennon have X factor. They also allo Lids, Shed, Dusty push up and back, now we need two around the 50 at all times.

Houli, Titch and Lids will start forward Scooper.

I reckon Dimma has done the sums.

SCOOP said:

It is bizarre Scoop. Hardwick has put it all on the line. He gets the bouquets if we win; conversely there will be massive brickbats if we lose. Massive.

Lennon for Newman would swing things savagely back to having a dangerous forward line.

We need 8 from Shed, Deledio, Cotchin, Martin. Lot of pressure on this group.

I thought Lennon was named in the team on thursday night i mean he was named in the 18. I thought you could not drop someone in the 18 unless he was injured. So I am confused. i understand lloyd as he was named on the bench but lennon was named at CHF. I expect one of them to come in. You can not risk both of them.