Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

powerful and brave 12 said:
Dimma walked into the selection meeting ,unzipped his strides and plonked his unfeasibly large testicles on the table.
One had Griff & the other Conca written on them ,Then walked out .

This is just about the best post all year.

The section of Conca and Griffiths is, as so many posters have suggested, very bold. There is potential upside and concerns about downside ... structurally and strategically both inclusions make some good sense ... my biggest concern is about their match fitness ... just got to trust that the conditioning and medical teams have things all sorted.

Dimma walked into the selection meeting ,unzipped his strides and plonked his unfeasibly large testicles on the table.

Leaving his balls on the table? That's commitment.

Bullarto Tiger said:
The section of Conca and Griffiths is, as so many posters have suggested, very bold. There is potential upside and concerns about downside ...

Whatever happens the result of the game won't rest on these selections. Simplistic to think it's the be all, end all.

Griffo can ruck, defend and play fwd. he can jump... Vickery n Maric can't. Perfect third man up. May allow rance to completely stop all attacks in a sweeping roll.

Conca is too risky... Lennon or Lloyd the sub. The other misses

Tigers of Old said:
This is just about the best post all year.
Absolute belter. :rofl

In cold cold cold Reykjavik Iceland & see Griff in. It sent a shiver down me spine. Sorry to see Lennon out,

TigerArmySoldier01 said:
Griffo can ruck, defend and play fwd. he can jump... Vickery n Maric can't. Perfect third man up. May allow rance to completely stop all attacks in a sweeping roll.

Conca is too risky... Lennon or Lloyd the sub. The other misses

You might be on to something here. I said to someone earlier today, who's going to go 3rd man up to try and negate Goldstein, maybe thats out plan for Griff.

Would be surprised to see them both start, would be expecting Conca as sub, fairly content with the changes, when the pressure is high, I'm not sure it really suits Lennon at this point in his career.

L2R2R could you provide the average age of both sides please? Also provide the players who are 30 years & over?

axlefoley said:
L2R2R could you provide the average age of both sides please? Also provide the players who are 30 years & over?

Club Hght Wght Gms Gls AvAge
----------------------------------
Rich 188.5 87.5 116.5 66.5 25.56
Nth M 188.3 88.1 148.6 113.8 27.53

Harvey 37y120d
Newman 33y116d
Petrie 32y331d
Waite 32y219d
Firrito 31y288d
Dal Santo 31y201d

no guts no glory match committee knows the risks if they get it wrong
its the friday before a final in front of 90k im backing my team in

Griff's injury was his finger so I'm sure the fitness staff would have kept his aerobic and strength training up and in some ways it could be beneficial as he will be fresher than everyone else on the park. Conca showed against Hawthorn that he can do damage on his 1st game back and he definitely adds to strength to our midfield. feel sorry for Lennon and Lloyd but it shows how far we have come when good, in-form players miss out.

Absolutely shattered for Lennon. Lloyd I'm not fussed.

I'm expecting a late change on Sunday.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Club Hght Wght Gms Gls AvAge
----------------------------------
Rich 188.5 87.5 116.5 66.5 25.56
Nth M 188.3 88.1 148.6 113.8 27.53

Harvey 37y120d
Newman 33y116d
Petrie 32y331d
Waite 32y219d
Firrito 31y288d
Dal Santo 31y201d

Thank you L2R2R. I'm pinning my hopes that these veterans will feel the heat/temperature on Sunday afternoon, hydration or no hydration they will be spent.

If we are concerned about Newman who is the only one in our team where the game has passed him then the other four (except for Harvey-freak) are cooked as well.

Tigers to roll them in the second half.

Conca and Griffo are best 22, i feel for Lennon and Lloyd but i like the dynamics these selections give us.

I hope Newy is the sub, Conca playing midfield would allow us to give Dusty more time in the forward line which would more than cover the omissions of Lloyd and Lennon.

I like the look of this forward line

HF Brett Deledio, Ben Griffiths, Shane Edwards
FF Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery

Carn the Tiges!!

Dimma has made some bold changes for the biggest game of his coaching career so far. I really hope they pay off. It's brave because he opens himself up to heavy criticism if we loose. I hope Newy can perform. Dimma has stuck with him for a lot longer than his form has warranted. He has been a great servant of the club but he really owes his coach a big effort on Sunday.