Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

SkillzThatKillz said:
I love the optimism on here.

Its refreshing.

Just trying to convince myself ;D

But i am confident, i like the dynamics that Jack, Ty and Griff give us.

If Chappy is out then Dave will come in.

We will win. I wish I was there to hear the roar at the final siren

Carter said:
If Chaplin doesn't make it then McBean must play.

Griffiths back.

Would love that but can't see it... also not a named emergency I think Carts? If they brought someone in for down back would more likely be Astbury.

I reckon Griff has come in with a special rucking mission against Goldstein.

They're surprising ins, but I think they're good ones. The caveat is that both guys are 100%. Neither have played for a bit (did Conca have any VFL games before the season ended?). However if they are, Conca can give us some hardness in the middle (this is not something Lennon or Lloyd provide), this helps out Miles and he's a better user of the ball than Thomas is, it frees up one of the other mids to cause some havoc with North. Griff can play either forward or back as well as in the ruck. Rance flagged this in his post match media talk by saying how North had some monsters who could clunk their marks. Griff gives us 3 talls in the forward line at all times and stretches their defence. He also played quite well in last year's debacle against Port. It's brave, but this is when the good coaches take the risks and make them pay off. With Norf, experienced is code for old and slow.

Elim 1 v North
In griffiths conca
Out lennon lloyd
Emerg: lennon lloyd morris

The team
#finals (wins).

Grimes 2 Chaplin 7 (3) Houli 2
Hunt 2 (1) Rance 2 Vlastuin 2
Deledio 2 Grigg 3 Mcintosh 0
B Ellis 2 Vickery 1 Martin 2
Riewoldt 2 Griffiths 1 Edwards 2

Maric 5(1) Cotchin 2 Miles 1

Batch 1 Conca 2 Newman 2. Lambert 0.
--------------------------------------------
Finals newbies: lambert & mcintosh

Over 30: Newman
Under 23: B Ellis Mcintosh Vlastuin

Games over 100
Newy maric chaplin deledio riewoldt edwards grigg houli Rance cotchin vickery martin

Games over 50
Hunt Grimes Batch Conca B Ellis Vlastuin.

Games under 50
Griffiths 47, miles 45, Mcintosh 22, lambert 12,

Others with finals exp (not selected)
Morris 2 Hampson 1 Gordon 1
(Not inc. Foley Petterd Knights)

I'm not a Conca fan but I hope he isn't the reason we lose. I hope he is part of the reason we win, with maybe a couple of goal assists and a few ripping tackles and maybe keeping one of Norths players out of the game.

Hard to see us going in with two under done players in a final
Im tipping a late least one late change

I like the inclusions but would much rather have Lennon in for Newman.

Newman will do his usual sideline to sideline with a few star jumps along the way ... sigh :(

Newy and lennon

Played together in the Last 8 games

newy - 107 disposals - 6 goals - 7 assists
Lennon - 102 disposals - 6 goals - 6 assists

Pretty tight, on the basic stats.
I've got no idea what their opponents are doing the other way.

I guess the angst is other issues: age & retiring v uncontracted.

Chaplin left the track early at this morning's light session.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-finals-2015-early-departure-leaves-questions-over-richmonds-troy-chaplin-20150912-gjkzv7.html

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Chaplin left the track early at this morning's light session.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-finals-2015-early-departure-leaves-questions-over-richmonds-troy-chaplin-20150912-gjkzv7.html

No panic here.
He might have been scheduled for some Physio
Astbury would have been named as emergency if there was doubt
If chap doesn't play, griff goes back and lennon plays.

I guess we cough the 25 grand and bring Astbury in if Chaplin doesn't come up, I assume they'll leave the fitness test as late as possible if needed

DirtyDogTiger said:
Newy and lennon

Played together in the Last 8 games

newy - 107 disposals - 6 goals - 7 assists
Lennon - 102 disposals - 6 goals - 6 assists

Pretty tight, on the basic stats.
I've got no idea what their opponents are doing the other way.

I guess the angst is other issues: age & retiring v uncontracted.

Interesting except that one has been the sub or been subbed in many of those games.

I reckon the difference in quality between the teams is the presence of Nahas. No way he'd get a game with us. But here he is on the North bench. And is he their 22nd player? Maybe.

FitenFitenWin said:
I reckon the difference in quality between the teams is the presence of Nahas. No way he'd get a game with us. But here he is on the North bench. And is he their 22nd player? Maybe.

Would Newman get a game with Roos?

lamb22 said:
Would Newman get a game with Roos?

If he joined them via FA last year, then no.

Newman isn't an example of the difference in depth between the two teams, so it's missing the point.

Chaplin leaving training early, conca and griff in. Didn't play our normal way last week, especially early. I think Dimma is foxing. North have no idea what to expect or to plan for even 24 hours out.