Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

tiges said:
i agree if chaplin is out our back line will crumble.

Agree. Somewhere I read that he is the general down back. If out please don't bring in the star jumper.

jb03 said:
It is more that the 2 ins are coming off long injury layoffs which in itself is a risk. And these two in particular have a history of getting injured during the game (Griff especially). At full fitness yes they are best 22. Though I don't quite have the Conca love that many on here (and the club) do.

Agree. Not sure why Conca's getting a game with his lack of games. I understand Griffiths if its for structure. Lloyd and Lennon very stiff imo. Particularly Lloyd, Lennon at least has time although I reckon he's done enough to have earned his spot.

Tiger Rob said:
Chaplin leaving training early, conca and griff in. Didn't play our normal way last week, especially early. I think Dimma is foxing. North have no idea what to expect or to plan for even 24 hours out.

Yep. Mind games.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Newy and lennon

Played together in the Last 8 games

newy - 107 disposals - 6 goals - 7 assists
Lennon - 102 disposals - 6 goals - 6 assists

Pretty tight, on the basic stats.
I've got no idea what their opponents are doing the other way.

I guess the angst is other issues: age & retiring v uncontracted.

Game time Lennon 553 mins, Newman 609 mins.

Contested Possessions: Lennon 39 (42 inc game time multipier), Newman 39
Efficient Disposal: L66 (73), N72
Clangers: L13 (14), N16
Contested Marks: L6 (7), N2
Inside 50s: L17 (19), N22
Clearances: L0 (0), N3
1%ers, L11 (12), N13
Marks L43 (47), N33
Tackles L6 (7), N26

In most areas Lennon is just as good if not better, the glaring difference is in tackles and maybe that's where coach has an issue with Lennon? On any other level including difficulty in matching up due to marking ability to me Lennon is a better proposition.

tigerlove said:
Game time Lennon 553 mins, Newman 609 mins.

Contested Possessions: Lennon 39 (42 inc game time multipier), Newman 39
Efficient Disposal: L66 (73), N72
Clangers: L13 (14), N16
Contested Marks: L6 (7), N2
Inside 50s: L17 (19), N22
Clearances: L0 (0), N3
1%ers, L11 (12), N13
Marks L43 (47), N33
Tackles L6 (7), N26

In most areas Lennon is just as good if not better, the glaring difference is in tackles and maybe that's where coach has an issue with Lennon? On any other level including difficulty in matching up due to marking ability to me Lennon is a better proposition.

Good stats TL. I'm still thinking Lennon is either tired or has a niggle.

The ins will be what they will be ,I just hope we bring heaps of tackle pressure

Jezza81 said:
Yeah but, Dimma doesn't normally play these games does he? Its just not his style.

Correct. Can't recall too many late changes at all this season.

Jezza81 said:
Yeah but, Dimma doesn't normally play these games does he? Its just not his style.

Maybe he's learning. It's the way teams play during the finals period. I'm sure there were some dummy Richmond supporters at today's open training.

What did Chaplin do to possibly miss out all of a sudden? Slip in the shower?

antman said:
Good stats TL. I'm still thinking Lennon is either tired or has a niggle.
It's the tackles. If you play three talls your smalls must apply defensive pressure. Lennon and Lloyd are defensively insignificant.

year of the tiger said:
yes but after North showed us absolutely no respect last week - who would blame him if he did return the favour to North

I don't think it has anything to do with respect. Dimma just doesn't do late changes.

what we need to bring tomorrow is pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure and more pressure. breathing fire from the first bounce.

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!! *smile* hit em hard

I reckon griff and conca were preparing for this game weeks before, hardwick no doubt borrowed sheedys coaching nous and tolled the players to be offended from norfs total disrespect for our organisation