changes for next week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes for next week

evo said:
Still staggered Morton isn't playing. Would've been the difference between winning and losing yesterday.

Could that be the plan? Tanking for the prized 4th draft pick ;D

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Thought he beat Franklin.
Gaspar and Gumpus also used to 'win' their particular marking duels fairly often, too.... then proceed to cost the team 3 or 4 goals with stupidty/ sloppy disposal, moreover an incalculable amount more goals in lost momentum.

evo said:
Gaspar and Gumpus also used to 'win' their particular marking duels fairly often, too.... then proceed to cost the team 3 or 4 goals with stupidty/ sloppy disposal, moreover an incalculable amount more goals in lost momentum.

Totally agree.

The sooner we move McGuane on the better we will be long term.

evo said:
What did he cost us yesterday with his sloppy disposal. 1 goal?
How many did Franklin kick yesterday compared to what he kicked last time he played us.2 goals vs 9 last year.
Wouldn,t you think Evo its up to his teamates to make it alot easier for him to dispose of the ball by a bit of gut running etc that alot of other full backs in the league who have similar problems with their disposal are afforded?

Leysy Days said:
Totally agree.

The sooner we move McGuane on the better we will be long term.

Out of interest who do you see as his replacement ? Long term Grimes/ Gourdis ?

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
What did he cost us yesterday with his sloppy disposal. 1 goal?
How many did Franklin kick yesterday compared to what he kicked last time he played us.2 goals vs 9 last year.
Wouldn,t you think Evo its up to his teamates to make it alot easier for him to dispose of the ball by a bit of gut running etc that alot of other full backs in the league who have similar problems with their disposal are afforded?

Agree there Captain. McGuanne is a great competitor. Disposal is average, but he always has a good chance of winning the 1 on 1's.

evo said:
Thursty can play the monsters, Lids and Moore the other tall forwards. We don't need him. Guys like McGuane are a cancer to the kids. Like Gaspar and Gumpus used to be.

Leave Polak in.

Still staggered Morton isn't playing. Would've been the difference between winning and losing yesterday.

Don't think Thursty can play on the monsters. good player but too weak. Shame he's a david bourke clone and can't baulk up. McGuane is the only player that can play on the big boys - he s a stick but goes in hard and doesn't get bumped off easily. He's really shiting me with his errors and we better.

Thursty held roughead to 2 goals & 4 marks yesterday.

He's also noticably bigger than last year already. He'll put on weight if they give him the correct program.

How bad was McGuane when he got that free kick 40m out on defensive 50, then proceeded to wheel back to the goal square before firing a handball under pressure to a stationary Newman. Poor Newman had no option but to rush a quick kick that was marked by Hodge from memory.

FFS Mcguane if there is nothing on go up the line. From where he first got the free the ball would have been on the wing.

Simple footy nous, but he lacks it week after week.

Does he lack nous or is it team rules that he is following.

Perhaps he is doing the smart thing and giving the ball to the bloke he knows can use it well.

Either way when it comes down to it he beat franklin yesterday. A fair effort IMO.

Leysy Days said:

He's also noticably bigger than last year already. He'll put on weight if they give him the correct program.

How bad was McGuane when he got that free kick 40m out on defensive 50, then proceeded to wheel back to the goal square before firing a handball under pressure to a stationary Newman. Poor Newman had no option but to rush a quick kick that was marked by Hodge from memory.

FFS Mcguane if there is nothing on go up the line. From where he first got the free the ball would have been on the wing.

Simple footy nous, but he lacks it week after week.

Thursty does look bigger this yr. hope that trend continues.

McGuane gets smahsed on here unnecessarily. The kick your refering to leysy there was absoluetly no one up the line. Certainly appeared as though it had been drilled into him to switch across through defence. I commented specifically on that to my mate as I was annoyed no one pushed across to the wing. If not to give him an option at least to make the hawks on the wing think about it. Instead it was painfully obvius that he had to switch & hence what you descibed. Not Luke's fault entirely.

Leysy Days said:
Perfect example what im getting at.Why was Newman stationary?

McGuane is the new Gaspar. The opposition let him get the ball, back off, put a little perceived pressure on and watch him make the wrong option. Anyone who thinks we can afford to give away 2 goals through clear turnovers is kidding themselves. Any momentum and confidence the team has disappears when such basic errors take place. Blame the game plan and the lack of options all you want but at the end of the day if he can't kick he can't kick. I reckon he needs to get up the ground, run and create space so the ball it can get to someone who can kick.

miastar said:
Don't know what game you were watching Polak took a couple of nice clean grabs - coming back to some form probably would have had a goal as well but for Rance giving away a free kick on Hodge.

Give the guy a break he is looking a lot better

Totally agree - give him a go he is after all a big body that we have been crying out for

Leysy Days said:

Yeah. He's no Scarlett but I reckon he can handle the big guys reasonably well. Thursty was excellent yesterday.

pebsy54 said:
McGuane is the new Gaspar. The opposition let him get the ball, back off, put a little perceived pressure on and watch him make the wrong option. Anyone who thinks we can afford to give away 2 goals through clear turnovers is kidding themselves. Any momentum and confidence the team has disappears when such basic errors take place. Blame the game plan and the lack of options all you want but at the end of the day if he can't kick he can't kick
Agree.

A fair bit worse than Gaspar actually.

AZZAMOOT said:
Thursty does look bigger this yr. hope that trend continues.

McGuane gets smahsed on here unnecessarily. The kick your refering to leysy there was absoluetly no one up the line. Certainly appeared as though it had been drilled into him to switch across through defence. I commented specifically on that to my mate as I was annoyed no one pushed across to the wing. If not to give him an option at least to make the hawks on the wing think about it. Instead it was painfully obvius that he had to switch & hence what you descibed. Not Luke's fault entirely.

Agree that we lack movement, but ask yourself this - Why is it always McGuane making these clangers. Talk or no talk No-one else gets blatantly run down like he did at Geelong after walking with the ball like a Sunday stroll.

As Pebsy said other teams zone off him & let him have the ball & then sweat on the turnover. Its Gaspar all over. He doesnt have the confidence or skill to pick out a leading target. He only goes sideways & only then if the guy is well in the clear. So he holds onto the ball, pressure builds, opposition slowly close in & bang, error & they are strolling in for an easy goal.