changes for next week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes for next week

where are Taylor and Roberts at for selection this week? apologies in advance for lack of knowledge of the rookie system if thats a factor.

where are Taylor and Roberts at for selection this week? apologies in advance for lack of knowledge of the rookie system if thats a factor.

Both on the injury list:

- Taylor (Knee)
- Roberts (Obesity)

Sorry couldn't resist ;)

Gunsmoke said:
Both on the injury list:

- Taylor (Knee)
- Roberts (Obesity)

Sorry couldn't resist ;)
thats cool I knew it was a risk asking the question here and not researching it myself :).
so from an indigineous representation it's Edwards and maybe Tambling for us and Ryder, Davey, Lovett-Murray for Essendon?

Cotchin/Lids said:
Ins: Cousins, Polo, Morton ( we need him back, like graham, he might thrive at AFL)
Outs: Rance, Jackson (susp), Farmer

I doubt Morton will get a game until his defensive efforts are up to scratch. Apparently thats one of the reasons he didnt get a game at WC.

Leysy Days said:
As Pebsy said other teams zone off him & let him have the ball & then sweat on the turnover. Its Gaspar all over. He doesnt have the confidence or skill to pick out a leading target. He only goes sideways & only then if the guy is well in the clear. So he holds onto the ball, pressure builds, opposition slowly close in & bang, error & they are strolling in for an easy goal.

completely agree, absolute liability.. has to go and the sooner the better.. if we must keep him maybe we can turn him into one of those defensive minded forwards to apply forward pressure..

Smoking Aces said:
Out: Jackson (but if there is any justice they will appeal it and he will get off)

In: Cousins

Agree with this.

I want Morton in the team, but from reading comments on PRE about his VFL form he needs to pull his finger out and play team football.

Edwards made some pretty silly errors, but he was not alone. Jackson if he is rubbed out for 2 or 3 games, then the AFL are complete tossers. Cousins in if fit, Morton no way until he starts to show
some team work and obeys instructions then he stays out in the Burg's. Post may get a go, but essentially I'd keep the same team that was selected against the Hawks, even Cuz may just have to
miss out until a midfielder is injured or Jackson is given an enforced rest.

Then we should at least make the order that someone has to run by him if he has the ball in that situation.

Leysy Days said:
Agree that we lack movement, but ask yourself this - Why is it always McGuane making these clangers. Talk or no talk No-one else gets blatantly run down like he did at Geelong after walking with the ball like a Sunday stroll.

As Pebsy said other teams zone off him & let him have the ball & then sweat on the turnover. Its Gaspar all over. He doesnt have the confidence or skill to pick out a leading target. He only goes sideways & only then if the guy is well in the clear. So he holds onto the ball, pressure builds, opposition slowly close in & bang, error & they are strolling in for an easy goal.

I can't believe all these guys bagging Darren Gaspar, a B&F Winner and Two Time All Australian ....

If McGuane or Rance developed into a Gaspar we should all be rapt.

GoodOne said:
Let's face it. McGuane is a battler. Sure he played ok to hold Franklin to 2 goals but Franklin is his own enemy sometimes. The thing is, should we sit back and just accept that McGuane is our solution, or do we say, let's find ourselves someone who has the same defensive man-on-man potential but can also dispose well and make the right decisions quickly when he has the ball. It's not a coincidence that players with lack of skill are often the ones who appear to try the hardest. That's how they overcome their weaknesses but it can only take you so far. McGuane has a spot in the team, and I think he should at the moment, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to find an upgrade as one of our more urgent requirements for the future.

Spot on!

Seems once some people here, not all, decide they dislike a player they are forever condemned just find the negatives all the time.

I wonder if Griffiths is a chance this week given Essendon are light on for tall defenders (Pears, Hooker injured) and the VFL has a week off? Apparently trained very strongly today. Maybe could be a shock inclusion? No rush though. ;)

serpico_66 said:
I can't believe all these guys bagging Darren Gaspar, a B&F Winner and Two Time All Australian ....

Agree.

serpico_66 said:

Whilst his disposal was always an issue, there were two Gaspars. Pre and post knee.
There also wasn't the emphasis on good disposal in key backs then that there is now.

Barnzy said:
I wonder if Griffiths is a chance this week given Essendon are light on for tall defenders (Pears, Hooker injured) and the VFL has a week off? Apparently trained very strongly today. Maybe could be a shock inclusion? No rush though. ;)

Who knows what to expect, even Gus got a call up and that was unexpected by me.

Where did you get your training report on Ben?