changes for next week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes for next week

geoffryprettyboy said:
Because Hardwick doesnt have a clue and supporters know better?

Hehe, don;t know why the club bothers with a coach GPB - plenty here to choose from................

I'm not a Polak apologist, said we shouldn't have upgraded him. BUT today, while starting terribly (two touches, well bounces off his chest really, one that resulted in a Hawks goal), I agree his presence improved into the 3rd term and he did give a structure that has been lacking - it may have helped Jack - let's see a few more games before being sure one way or another.

Maybe that was what DH was referring to. Was he good? Probably not, looking at the game a s a whole. But, it could develop into something and perhaps DH recognises some opportunities to exploit there.

Ah, as courageous as ever Tiger12 ;D About as courageous as Rance? and just as silly? :-X We still have common ground - amazing ;D

Polak didnt do anything for our structure. Big GUS upforward showed what a big bodied player should be doing.
Rance despite dropping a few marks at least presents very well up the ground. Get some glue on those fingers for next week.
Tambling won't be dropped for the dreamtime game either (hopefully he lifts and plays a blinder as by gee that guy is as confident as duncan kellaway kicking for goal at the moment)

OUT: Polak
IN:post or Astbury if its dry, cousins if its a bit wet

I don't know if people rate him or not, but David Parkin suggested on radio after the game that Polak was sent out with a specific job and did exactly what he had to do. He thought Polak played well.

I can't see it, but then, many on here would suggest I am no judge of football anyway.

Stopping the run of Dempsey + Davey and curbing the influence of Ryder will go a long, long way next week if we can get it done.

Out: Rance (useless); Nahas (was very poor today); Polak; Tambling (regardless of whether he's injured or not)
In: Cousins (if fit); Post; Morton & Collins (needs to be persevered with).

If Jackson goes, then bring back Polo.

Ideally I'd bring Griffiths in as soon as he's fit; give Browne a go ahead of Vickery for a week or two and give Gourdis a go if we could get him off the rookie list.

QPR_Richmond said:
People need to understand, that by having Polak take a big defender, Jack Riewolt may get the number 2 defender (or smaller defender).

In my opinion our structure is better when he is in the side.
agree

also, In: Cousins, Out: Farmer

The only thing I dont want Richmond to change is their application for the entire game.

Had my doubts the Tigers could bounce back with a 4Q effort against the Hawks, after a huge build up to the Adelaide game. But we played better!

Today was the 4th time this year the young, undermanned and inexeperienced Tigers have jumped the opposition at the opening bounce.
This illustrates a combination of good planning and motivation by our coaches throughout the week, our group consists of a number of focussed individuals and we dont fear the opposition. On many occassions, our "play on" strategy in risk situations looked untidy, but our persistance won us the footy again!

Dont agree that Polak takes the best defender and that releases Riewoldt who then gets the 2nd best defender.
Even blind Freddie can see Polak is useless and theres no way hes going to impose himself on a game anytime soon.
As has been evident in the 8 rounds so far its all left to Riewoldt

btoz_01 said:
Dont agree that Polak takes the best defender and that releases Riewoldt who then gets the 2nd best defender.
Even blind Freddie can see Polak is useless and theres no way hes going to impose himself on a game anytime soon.
As has been evident in the 8 rounds so far its all left to Riewoldt
That's why it's vital that Griffiths is as good as it's suggested he may be and that he becomes available for selection alongside jack in the 2nd half of the season. We need a really good second key forward. Throw Taylor into the mix and we've got soemthing to build on.

I'd be happy to give Polak another 2 weeks to see if it is only a case of adjusting to the pace and intensity of the game. Made a couple of mistakes/dropped marks but also flew for a few and perhaps with a bit more confidence and delivery could provide be a foil to Jack. Surely with 3 players manning up on Jack, there must be a few spare players in our forward line???

QPR_Richmond said:
People need to understand, that by having Polak take a big defender, Jack Riewolt may get the number 2 defender (or smaller defender).

In my opinion our structure is better when he is in the side.

exactly and when angus was there to with jack n polak it looked like we actualy had a fowardline to contest with

no changes for me unless injurys but maybe tambling out for cuz

geoffryprettyboy said:
Black shorts out, White shorts in.

If Rance & Jackson do not get called by the AFL to please explain, then there shouldn't be any change.

Got in before you mate. ;D
Agree no changes this week.

If Jackson gets suspended for that kiss on Browns nose then the game has gone soft.

Out: Rance

In: Polo

There is no way Post or Morton deserve a game in the AFL after their performances for Coburg.

Harry said:
also mcguane's brain fades cost us the game. the sooner we find a decent full back the sooner we can punt him. unfortunately we have no-one better. hopefully goo can come up.

too many weeds not enough weed killer.
Thursty can play the monsters, Lids and Moore the other tall forwards. We don't need him. Guys like McGuane are a cancer to the kids. Like Gaspar and Gumpus used to be.

Leave Polak in.

Still staggered Morton isn't playing. Would've been the difference between winning and losing yesterday.

I think I'd make every attempt to change very little at the selection table this week. The effort produced across the park was such an improvement that most deserve the chance to capitalise on it and improve again.

Some discussion points would no doubt be:
Polak - I think he needs to play for another 4 weeks. Then some sort of meaningful assessment can be made. Don't chop and change too quickly. We forget that he's still about 25 and worth looking at for another month.
Graham - an improvement from him, particularly in having the courage to drift forward as a target. If Simmo is the alternative, DH needs to stick with his "no short cuts" approach and keep Graham in the side. TV was pretty ordinary again, but he's an investment. If Hille is out for the Bombers then it could be a great opportunity for these two.
White - how great to see him dishing it up to Brown in the last. Then he follows it up with action (great goal) instead of false bravado. Must stick with him for another few weeks for that more balanced assessment ala Polak.
Cousins - if Simmo is a short cut, is Cuz too?? I'm serious. If it's a choice between Cuz and White there is certainly more long term upside in exploring White. Cuz may be able to slide in as pace/run will be more of a key to matching it with Ess than height - so perhaps at the expense of Rance.
Rance - I feel for this kid. If Riewoldt tried as hard at EVERY contest he'd be a champion. Unfortunately, his skill and composure just seems off the pace. I think he's worth another look, but he's dangling by a thread. Perhaps after a rest, Astbury could come in for him - or even Griffiths if the selectors feel bold. Likely to be Cuz though.
Farmer - leave him in. Leave in any player who at least has good foot skills. Another month at least. Only played about 6 AFL games, more patience required by some.
McGuane - I really wish Lukey could learn to hit a first option with the ball about 25m away. This way he wouldn't be left out of his depth trying to playmake from the BP. Unfortunately, I don't think Luke knows he's out of his depth in this situation. But seriously, if anyone can't see the difference in contest between this game and the Geelong game ... then you are watching a different game to me. Luke competed very well and many have come off a lot worse against Franklin in perfect conditions at the G.
Tambling - I've been a big RT fan ... perhaps it's cos I'm a Territorian. I really want him to succeed. But the amount of tackles Richie missed yesterday infuriated me no end. He offers a fair bit as a link up player and his skills are sound. But geez he frustrates. I wonder if DH thinks time in the 2s will make any difference. He's skating on thin ice ... not that many from Darwin know what ice skating is!

Pretty well summated dennis hopper.

Reckon Dimma has earned a couple of points on his selections last week in Graham & White.
We certainly put the acid onto the Hawks. Their lack of pace and composure under pressure was telling.
Going by his post match comments he obviously knows we're lacking a bit of class out there so he might give Morton a reprieve in favour of Rance but no guarantees for anyone coming back in.

I await his changes(if any) this week.

BBC said:
Not impossible but unlikely given he was injured for Coburg last week and did not play against Willy on the weekend.

My changes:
Out: Tambling (inj) and Polak
In: Collins and Gourdis

Gourdis cannot be selected.