changes for next week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes for next week

Baloo said:
Pretty much with GoodOne here.

We don't have any better than McGuane. He's a very good negator and stops most of his opponents. He deserves his place in the team.

When we finally have someone that can do what Muscles can plus be good at the things McGuane struggles with, then we can start moaning.

The amount of angst people throw towards McGuane when there is no other bloody alternative at the moment is amazing. If we had a natural replacement, then I could understand the constant b!tching, but we don't.
yep. I'm with you and the goody goody yum yum on this. Muscles, Thirsty and Kel are our best three key backs so it's pointless bitching and moaning until we find better ones

Barnzy said:
I wonder if Griffiths is a chance this week given Essendon are light on for tall defenders (Pears, Hooker injured) and the VFL has a week off? Apparently trained very strongly today. Maybe could be a shock inclusion? No rush though. ;)

Agreed Barnzy, Griffiths his shoulder is looking good apparently, if so then he should line up at FF this Saturday, 198cm 105Kg, he's a big boy he can mark and he can kick the ball 60 metres. Time for him to play a game of AFL and
see what he has got. Seeing Jackson has been rubbed out, Cousins in, Griffiths in, jury out on Tambling, Edwards might be under the pump as well. Question is if Rance was listed as FF last game, where do you play him, me I'd put
him in the HB line, allowing Delidio to go into the Centre to replace Jackson. Coach and Match Committee have some serious thinking to do.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Who knows what to expect, even Gus got a call up and that was unexpected by me.

Where did you get your training report on Ben?

Just a little snippet from someone in this Griffiths thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704367&page=9

mmmm

Rance out for Kingy.
Jackson shafted by Vlad & co out for Cousins
Tambling suffering after effects of concussion apparantly - Griffiths? Might be a bit unfair on the kid, but then again why not (as long as he is free form injury.).

lamb22 said:
mmmm

Rance out for Kingy.
Jackson shafted by Vlad & co out for Cousins
Tambling suffering after effects of concussion apparantly - Griffiths? Might be a bit unfair on the kid, but then again why not (as long as he is free form injury.).

Can't bring King in. Too many midgets

OUT: Farmer (omit), Rance (omit), Polak (omit), Jackson (susp)
IN: Polo (only one I could think of that could play back), Morton, Griffiths/Astbury, Cousins/Collins

Barnzy said:
OUT: Farmer (omit), Rance (omit), Polak (omit), Jackson (susp)
IN: Polo (only one I could think of that could play back), Morton, Griffiths/Astbury, Cousins/Collins

Agreed, though I don't think Asti played last weekend at all - so back through Coburg i would think.

Would have liked to see Morton play with the structure we had last game - but if the coaches are drilling him on fwd pressure in Coburg, so be it.

Polak wasn't awful after 1/4 time and Griffiths would be a big risk, but if he's ready and up to it - let's get excited.

I've lost all faith in Rance - Polo is more a % player and the stats back that up.

Anytime Cuz is fit enough - he's in.

serpico_66 said:
I can't believe all these guys bagging Darren Gaspar, a B&F Winner and Two Time All Australian ....

If McGuane or Rance developed into a Gaspar we should all be rapt.

X2.

They say at Tigerland we eat our own. Here is more proof.

As others have pointed out we may have to live with McGuane for a while as at least he has an impact. If he could just sort out his confused and slow decision making he would be a reliable defender for us.

In: Cuz, Griffiths
Out: Jack (susps), Rance.

Morton needs to work harder at the Burgers. He has the skills but not the mental application.

Would be great to have Connors back as he could release Lids to rotate thru midfield and play a pinch hit role forward and back. When is he due back from the ban?

Connors, Newy and Richie (if fit and back to form) off halfback with Cotch, Axl, Marto, Nason and Jacko working mids with Lids moving thru rotations and forward and back, and Jack making a presence up forward, the future does look good.

Have read a lot of angst on here for Polak but he took 2 great grabs last week in the second half at half forward and still think he may be a valuable option for us if his improvement continues.

Are we that desperate to play Griffiths?Its not as if we are fighting for a spot in the finals.
The boy hardly had a pre-season,Has had no continuity[sp]as far as games go and more importantly sends the wrong message.
Don,t do it Dimma.

An awful lot of excitement about this lad. Hope we dont heap too much pressure and expectation upon him. Happy to give him a taste of senior footy but let's not expect bags of goals in a heartbeat.

Remember that these big boys take some time to develop. It's about the only time I've heard Dimma criticise past recruiting/drafting in referring that the big blokes take longer so we should have had a focus on these in previous drafts. We've got the cart before the horse in other words.

Wouldn't mind seeing Astbury play 4 Qtrs in the backline, thought he did quite well when moved back there in the Geelong game, competed well in the air and looked composed when dishing it off. He'll stay involved in the game more in the back half, as a young tall forward can get a bit lost/overlooked at times.
Doesn't have to happen this week just wouldn't mind seeing it at some stage. Be good for his overall development playing both ends I think.

I'll take a guess and say Cuz & Morton will be back in this week.

Shame it's an away game coz it should be a good game and night weatherwise.

Richmond
B: Kelvin Moore, Will Thursfield, Luke McGuane
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Chris Newman
C: Shane Edwards, Ben Cousins, Jeromey Webberley
HF: Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Robin Nahas, Alex Rance, Matt White
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley
I/C: Angus Graham, Jake King, David Astbury, Mitch Farmer
Emg: Andrew Collins, Tom Hislop, Graham Polak

In: King, Astbury, Cousins
Out: Graham Polak, Richard Tambling, Daniel Jackson (susp)