changes for next week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

changes for next week

jb03 said:
Don't know what the changes will be of course but surely Rance must go out. Despite Morton's so so form at Coburg he must be a better bet than Rance.
morton is a proven goal kicker. and has kicked bags of goals before. why he is playing in coburg is a mystery. should be automatic FP selection.
elevate Gourdis and put him in the side asap. we need a true FB, instead of temp filling the gap. he playd well yesterday....AGAIN

tiger12 said:
You're just as lost as Polak, pal. Get it in your head, Polak was useless before he was hit by a tram, now he is even worse. We will be going nowhere with (I'll say it again) SOFT and WEAK duds like this bloke. A pathetic example of a 6'5" footballer.

Come all you apologists, get on your keyboards and whinge because someone calls a spade a spade.

Very average game, dropped a sitter in the first that should have seen him lining up for our 4th goal of the 1st qtr only for it to stream down the other end and result in a Hawthorn goal.

Structurally important maybe, individually mmm, we need to do better than Polak that's for sure.

how rance gets a game before morton is embarrassing. time to cut our losses. coburg for the rest of the year. we have enough all muscle no brain footballers as is.

also mcguane's brain fades cost us the game. the sooner we find a decent full back the sooner we can punt him. unfortunately we have no-one better. hopefully goo can come up.

too many weeds not enough weed killer.

keepa lids onit said:
morton is a proven goal kicker. and has kicked bags of goals before. why he is playing in coburg is a mystery. should be automatic FP selection.
elevate Gourdis and put him in the side asap. we need a true FB, instead of temp filling the gap. he playd well yesterday....AGAIN
arlobill said:
OK..TAMBLING OUT..CUZ IN
RANCE OUT..MORTON IN..
???OUT...GOURDIS IN
We can't elevate Gourdis until we get a long term injury, or until Round 11 when we are allowed to elevate one more rookie

Leave the side as it is to give the side that played well today confidence that the Selection panel has faith in their ability to be competitive.

foley showed today how important midfield depth is. free'd up cotchin etc.

hopefully cuz can come back in. prob tambling out.

as much as i don't think polak is in any way the way for the future but i do think structurally we are better with him in the fwd line with the occasional stint in the ruck. would like to see graham & vickery rotate through the ruck/fwd line with polak probably pinch hitting for small parts throughout the qtr when they have the occasional rest on the bench

miastar said:
Don't know what game you were watching Polak took a couple of nice clean grabs - coming back to some form probably would have had a goal as well but for Rance giving away a free kick on Hodge.

Give the guy a break he is looking a lot better

thats a joke eh!!! polak was not good he was actually bordering on terrible, Riewoldt was good if u want to know the difference between good and bad...

Polak had 6 touches and a super coach score of 15....The lowest ranked player from the 44 players that took the field 2day....

I think with Polak we've just done the honorable thing.
We've stood by him through his trial.
We can play him in the 1's or 2's all year. Whichever.
It's his last year unless he has some sort of drastic, and prolific form change.

But I don't think it's coming.

Anyway, the Tiges have done the right thing.....until the end of the season.
Then we can become realists.....(same with Cuz)

AstuteTiger said:
thats a joke eh!!! polak was not good he was actually bordering on terrible, Riewoldt was good if u want to know the difference between good and bad...

Polak had 6 touches and a super coach score of 15....The lowest ranked player from the 44 players that took the field 2day....
Then why did Hardwick single out Polak for praise?

ZeroGame said:

exactly. it's no coincidence that polak lined up in the fwd line & suddenly jack has a decent game. polak is no gun but can be of value in the short term structurally

tiger12 said:
You're just as lost as Polak, pal. Get it in your head, Polak was useless before he was hit by a tram, now he is even worse. We will be going nowhere with (I'll say it again) SOFT and WEAK duds like this bloke. A pathetic example of a 6'5" footballer.

Come all you apologists, get on your keyboards and whinge because someone calls a spade a spade.
couldnt agree more he was discracefull today ,this guy gave us fa today

ZeroGame said:

what does that mean, he was bad Zero and nothing DH says will change my mind on polaks game...Jack was brilliant and it wasn't due to polaks presence thats for sure...

I can only think that he is there to be a large body in the forward line.

Post or Astbury are the only other players to throw there at the moment and they are not as strong or mature in build as Polak.

He has got a good pair of hands, but when we first played him it was in the backline where he was taking a number of marks per game and he isn't doing that.

But, if it was a choice between him and Rance to drop back to Coburg, Rance has got to be rested - you can't just drop 3 - 4 easy marks when the games in the balance like he did today.

Black shorts out, White shorts in.

If Rance & Jackson do not get called by the AFL to please explain, then there shouldn't be any change.

Got in before you mate. ;D