Changes for next week! Round 20 v CopyingRichmondwood. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for next week! Round 20 v CopyingRichmondwood.

Looks like we'll be going with a relatively small backline (3 mid size defenders), probably makes sense with us playing the Pies.
That could be fun with Captain America playing for Colonwood this weekend. They put the ball up in front of him n he'll kick ten on a bunch of midgets n convince their fans he's a genuine super star.

Reactions: 1 user
The MC certainly have a strange selection policy. Add Courtyard to the extended bench when apparently he has been out of form and continue picking Dow and Sonsie a probable's on the interchange bench so two of Banks, Green and Smith are likely to be dropped

The MC certainly have a strange selection policy. Add Courtyard to the extended bench when apparently he has been out of form and continue picking Dow and Sonsie a probable's on the interchange bench so two of Banks, Green and Smith are likely to be dropped
Coulthard is the carry over so we don't waste game time missed in the vfl to someone more important

Reactions: 1 users
Really not much left to choose from, I assume that's why Coulthard on the extended bench. Can't see him getting picked though.

I agree, Dow will be picked for sure as the bench midfielder. Sonsie surely out. I reckon Bauer might be selected as a possible swingman. Played some backline last week. Green plays surely and one of Smith or Banks as sub.

That could be fun with Captain America playing for Colonwood this weekend. They put the ball up in front of him n he'll kick ten on a bunch of midgets n convince their fans he's a genuine super star.
And, he’ll fall in a big hole when he has to play against a taller, stronger, better organised defensive unit. The Black and White Filth will get false hope by beating up on the 18th placed team.

I think it’s one of of Yze new ideas.
If you have a milestone coming up you don’t have to train that week
It's a ploy to keep that player away from Meesen and friends to ensure the milestone goes ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Fifteen Tiger Cubs in the squad have played less than 50 games compared to the Filth's 5. Bauer on an extended interchange bench, surely he plays and not as the sub.

Of the players on the bench leave out Dow, Sonsie and Coulthard. Banks sub.

And, he’ll fall in a big hole when he has to play against a taller, stronger, better organised defensive unit. The Black and White Filth will get false hope by beating up on the 18th placed team.
That result might amuse u but how does that help us get a win.

I want to congratulate Balta for his upcoming 100th Game. You are truly a very good player for us, may you continue to shine and have luck on your side. I hope you star in future games, finals and grand finals. for us.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like we'll be going with a relatively small backline (3 mid size defenders), probably makes sense with us playing the Pies.

Out of those on the I/C, I reckon the 4 in are Brown, Banks, Smith and Green, not sure which 1 will be sub.
I didnt realise they had named Balta forward- they have tended to be honest with where he is named, so i expect he will start there. I dont like his constant switching, but i guess we do need to keep some sort of structure and a forwardline of Kosi and Bauer wont give the mids a heap of confidence.

I would hope Bauer plays- in addition to the 4 you named. But not sure who starts as sub. I would go KMac, but unlikely.

I didnt realise they had named Balta forward- they have tended to be honest with where he is named, so i expect he will start there. I dont like his constant switching, but i guess we do need to keep some sort of structure and a forwardline of Kosi and Bauer wont give the mids a heap of confidence.

I would hope Bauer plays- in addition to the 4 you named. But not sure who starts as sub. I would go KMac, but unlikely.

Yeah I don't like the constant swinging of him forward, and the Pies selecting USA, may swing Yze's hand and move Balta back and play Bauer forward. As you say, maybe Kmac goes out as he's been playing more of that taller half forward role the last few weeks and leaving the wings to Hugo, Banks and then several others whilst they are on the interchange.

Of the players on the bench leave out Dow, Sonsie and Coulthard. Banks sub.
Yeah, my bench would be Brown, Green, Smith, Bauer & Banks, Sub most likely Smith, Green or Banks.
Any of that 3 would be stiff. I think Bauer plays to free up Balta to go back or forward as needed, and maybe cover in the ruck, Kosi to do the same.

Yeah, my bench would be Brown, Green, Smith, Bauer & Banks, Sub most likely Smith, Green or Banks.
Any of that 3 would be stiff. I think Bauer plays to free up Balta to go back or forward as needed, and maybe cover in the ruck, Kosi to do the same.
Banks sub for mine. Smith deserves another full game; did very well last week.

I think we may go close to knocking the Pies off , some senior players back , cubs improving

Reactions: 4 users
That result might amuse u but how does that help us get a win.
How will a win change our draft position? At this stage we should be trying to put up as good a performance as we can. Wins this season really aren’t important now.

How will a win change our draft position? At this stage we should be trying to put up as good a performance as we can. Wins this season really aren’t important now.
We have some winnable games on the run home especially with some players potentially back next week in Dusty Nank JNR Marlion Graham.
A just as depleted and out of form Pies this week then North, Hawks will beat us and probably Saints at Marvel but Gold Coast last round who haven't won away from home.
I reckon we win at least 2 games and end up with pick 3 in the draft where a gun will be waiting.

You are saying let’s win for a change. So am I. Wins will move us from bottom place.

Can’t get the hang of thinking losing is good.

Reactions: 3 users
With Balta named as a forward, if he plays forward, what's the odds Bauer plays down back, or is the sub.