Changes for next week! Round 20 v CopyingRichmondwood. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for next week! Round 20 v CopyingRichmondwood.

Dow in alongside Timmy, Hopper and Dion is seriously one slow arsed midfield.

This is where the Smug pies will attack
If we were actually trying to win there is no way those three would start together in the midfield. Added to this the selection of Dow over Bauer is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s going to be a very heavy track and will be a a very contested inside game and won’t suit marking forwards.
That being said I would have played Bauer because he doesn’t need many opportunities as he kicks so well for goal.

Reactions: 1 user
Dow in again is the joke thats no longer funny.

Its more a concern now in regard to the MC decision making.
If Livingstone is on the MC then after listening to his chat on TT, then you will understand how Dow keeps getting selected. He is one of Livingstone's blind spots

It’s going to be a very heavy track and will be a a very contested inside game and won’t suit marking forwards.
That being said I would have played Bauer because he doesn’t need many opportunities as he kicks so well for goal.
We could do with some forwards who could consistently mark right now!

We could do with some forwards who could consistently mark right now!
We could but not sure how that is related to my post?
If Livingstone is on the MC then after listening to his chat on TT, then you will understand how Dow keeps getting selected. He is one of Livingstone's blind spots
It’s not just him. Newy likes him, Yze likes him.

Don’t take that as a defence of him please, I’m just saying that I have heard praise for Dow from all 3 of them.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder why we wouldn't try Bauer over Brown this week. The two tall forwards hasn't worked all year. Why not try something different. Brown I don't think is a forward. Play him in the twos for a while if there isn't a spot for him in the backline.

Don’t take that as a defence of him please, I’m just saying that I have heard praise for Dow from all 3 of them.

To me it is a concern that our coaches and match committee rate Dow; a player who has basically shown very little in 5 years on the list. It’s fairly clear that he’s not up to AFL standard.

Reactions: 6 users
To me it is a concern that our coaches and match committee rate Dow; a player who has basically shown very little in 5 years on the list. It’s fairly clear that he’s not up to AFL standard.
Who ever is pushing the Dow selection needs to be shown the door

Have any of them stated why they like him and given examples of what he provides to the team?

I don't know how people are surprised, particularly with our key forward and midfield selections. We have nothing of quality or proven to select from so what's left get another shot. That's the sad state of our list balance atm.

That's not true though.

We have two marking talls in the reserves, who could only benefit from the experience.

The midfield is not really fixable, but is also serviceable.

Prestia Hopper Bolton Taranto Baker should be enough quality to compete.

That's not true though.

We have two marking talls in the reserves, who could only benefit from the experience.

The midfield is not really fixable, but is also serviceable.

Prestia Hopper Bolton Taranto Baker should be enough quality to compete.
It is true. Bauer has taken only 9 marks in his last 4 games at VFL level. He hasn't found form yet in an injury plagued year for him and has only played 4 AFL games which have predominantly not been very inspiring. Plus he's only 192cm. Thought he might get a bench position though. I presume the other is Blight? As a forward? No this playing guys out of position hasn' t worked all year.

The midfield serviceable yes, slow as buggery yes. We get smashed on the spread, that's where we are being dominated. Can't afford Bolton full-time midfielder, he's our major goal kicker by a long way. And Baker, he's just not a midfielder. We have used him there out of necessity.

I stand by my comment, there are very limited pickings for the key forward position and last 1 or 2 midfield rotations and that's because younger guys aren't stepping up.

Who's going to be Captain?
Not Turnovers Shorty?

Can't see us winning.
We haven't played 4 quarters all Year.
Selections continue to baffle.
Full Tank?

What’s Blight got to do to get a game? Madness not having him in.

After seeing selections I don’t know what to make of the year as even with injuries we still should be looking at our fringe players over KMac, Dow , Short and Broad. Add one or two at least to see if they belong. We all know what these four offer and iv had a gut full watching them either squib, spud it up, get easily brushed aside or not tackling. Ryan is lucky too with all our Rucks injured. All I want to see from this little boy is some aggression and attack on the ball.

After seeing selections I don’t know what to make of the year as even with injuries we still should be looking at our fringe players over KMac, Dow , Short and Broad. Add one or two at least to see if they belong. We all know what these four offer and iv had a gut full watching them either squib, spud it up, get easily brushed aside or not tackling. Ryan is lucky too with all our Rucks injured. All I want to see from this little boy is some aggression and attack on the ball.
These are the AFL players in VFL this week; Blight, Coulthard, Pickett, M Rioli, Cumbo, Bauer, McAuliffe, Sonsie.

Coulthard's gone I'm sure, he's struggling at VFL level. Cumbo likely gone too. Sonsie had to be dropped. So really we're just talking Bauer, McAuliffe & Blight. McAuliffe & Bauer contracted for next year so no real need to rush them in particular with their injury and fitness concerns this year. Blight I think has shown enough that he'll get a contract next year but not a like for like replacement for say Broad.

Realistically, the number of inexperienced youngsters we have in the team now is quite high. We're bottom of the ladder. No doubt with a stronger list and less injuries, the likes of Kmac & Dow wouldn't be playing right now. Not sure Short would ever be dropped.

Bauer for KMac or Short

Blight for Broad
Kane has been ill so Dow was lucky , but He holds no hope for me and should be in the delist basket.

It's not rocket Science. We have inexperienced players because the same under performing experienced players continue to get a game. We need to be getting experience into as many as possible as the year will then be a complete waste.