Changes For Next Week, round 18 against Gee Whiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes For Next Week, round 18 against Gee Whiz

Seems inevitable. I've seen nothing in defensive efforts by Dow since going back to VFL level that warrants him coming back into the side. It's his massive weakness at AFL level. He's turning 23yo soon, in his 5th year on the list, how can he still be so undersized muscle-wise?

and whilst he's gone back and got a few touches, its not domination. He's still doing the same things, gets involved in the contested work but not the transition. He played the worst team in the VFL last week, we moved the ball at will through the middle and he has 23 touches. He should be absolutely smashing it at VFL level, not getting the exact same game we get at AFL level.

FWIW I don't think he will play, too many mids if he comes in from what we had last week. Its Prestia for McAuliffe. I think it will be Cumbo, Green or Banks for the final spot on the bench and the sub role along with Graham and Short. Emergencies, Tresize, Dow and the unlucky 1 of that Banks/Green/Cumbo trio.

Reactions: 1 users
As simple as Prestia and Ryan in for McAullife and Campbell?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Looks like we are now officially giving up on the season when we play Cumberland, Sonsie and have Dow potentially on the interchange.

Last edited:
I don’t mind McAuliffe playing VFL. He has struggled the last 2 weeks and it won’t do him any harm going back and getting 25-30 in the VFL.

He is a first year player and his form is going to go up and down.

I hope Balta goes back and Ryan forward which will mean that Blight misses out.
I’d rather try Blight forward instead of Delilah at least he’s capable of an overhead mark
Blight kicked an amazing drop punt goal about 35m out on the boundary during the warmup for Frockers game

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
A right pair of show ponies they were
Whilst lacking talent at AFL level perhaps, Chris Hyde was anything but a show pony. He was limited and not that much chop, but very tough for his size and weight in all reality. Went on to play 200 plus games for the Albury Tigers in the Ovens and Murray including 7 premierships, 2 best and fairests and then the Ovens and Murray best and fairest as well.

I didn't think he had the talent for AFL but he wasn't a show pony that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I’d rather try Blight forward instead of Delilah at least he’s capable of an overhead mark
Blight kicked an amazing drop punt goal about 35m out on the boundary during the warmup for Frockers game
Blight is a footballer! You can't say that about most people who play footy these days.

The coaches thought Ryan put his hand up for selection.
Apparently he was just trying to mark a footy

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
If Dow and Mansell are the hill Yze is willing to die on then I won't be crying at the funeral.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Why is MacAuliffe ommitted, but Campbell managed?

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping the bench is Cumberland, Green, Banks and Trezise

If Dow comes in and McAuliffe out I think we will all spew up.

For people freaking out I think the only three eligible (and fit) players not named in the squad are coulthart, ohb and smith. Dow probably ahead of those three.

• Dislike
For people freaking out I think the only three eligible (and fit) players not named in the squad are coulthart, ohb and smith. Dow probably ahead of those three.
I'd say he's behind Smith and OHB. Both better than him and more important to the wins last few weeks.