Caro [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caro [Merged]

Re: Caro injured?

Panthera tigris FC said:
I didn't respond because it was a pointless question.

For instance:
So you don't believe that AFL journalists belong to an organisation that imposes ethical responsibilities? Prove it.

See how easy (and pointless) that is?

The point is that there are organisations within Australia that journalists are members of (eg. the Australian Journalists Association and the Commonwealth Journalists Association), which have ethical standards despite what you suggested in your "Hippocratic Oath" post.

So that's option B) confirmed.

Panthera tigris FC said:

My mistake (not something you'll ever hear a journalist say which speaks volumes for their ethics). I should have said option A).

Panthera tigris FC said:
Yes, that's right AFL journalists don't adhere to any ethical principles ::).

My post was in direct response to your post questioning:

I suppose it depends on what you call ethical. Is it ethical to follow someone onto t a plane who is heading for rehab just to try and get a scoop or is it ethical to go through the garbage?

brigadiertiger said:
I suppose it depends on what you call ethical. Is it ethical to follow someone onto t a plane who is heading for rehab just to try and get a scoop or is it ethical to go through the garbage?

I don't think so, nor do many others, hence the term "gutter journalism". The irony is that when a journalist makes a conscious, professional decision to remove the appearance of bias, they are lambasted for it.

Panthera tigris FC said:
The irony is that when a journalist makes a conscious, professional decision to remove the appearance of bias, they are lambasted for it.

The only person who knows why Caro isn't a Richmond member is Caro - who are you to tell us the reasoning was "a concious, professional decision"? Caro????

RFC not KFC said:
My mistake (not something you'll ever hear a journalist say which speaks volumes for their ethics). I should have said option A).

True, I don't know for sure. However, considering the MEAA (the journalists' union that the Australian Journalists Association was merged with) has 24000 members and is also the trustee for the Journalists' awards, the Walkleys (that a number of AFL journalists have won), I would be very surprised if many AFL journalists were not members and were bound by the code of ethics of that association.

RFC not KFC said:
The only person who knows why Caro isn't a Richmond member is Caro - who are you to tell us the reasoning was "a concious, professional decision"? Caro????

It would seem a reasonable conclusion to reach, considering her profession. However, you are right in that only Caro knows the answer to that question.

Panthera tigris FC said:
True, I don't know for sure. However, considering the MEAA (the journalists' union that the Australian Journalists Association was merged with) has 24000 members and is also the trustee for the Journalists' awards, the Walkleys (that a number of AFL journalists have won), I would be very surprised if many AFL journalists were not members and were bound by the code of ethics of that association.

That link is comedy gold. To claim that any AFL journalist is "bound" to that code of ethics is a dead set pi55er. If they are "bound" to it they should hand back their memberships.

Thanks for the laugh.

RFC not KFC said:
That link is comedy gold. To claim that any AFL journalist is "bound" to that code of ethics is a dead set pi55er. If they are "bound" to it they should hand back their memberships.

Thanks for the laugh.

I guess it depends on how seriously they want to be taken as a journalist.

Caroline is a borderline joke.

To night on AW was talking about her 5 biggest disappointments and 5 most positve developments in footy so far this year.

Dealing with disappointments she named some pretty serious stuff ups with offenders with multiple priors plus criminal charges and right in the middle she mentioned Dan Connors and "those others involved" in a Sydney Hotel brawl for which Connors got 8 weeks.

Dan got drunk and disturbed some guests at the hotel. He was not charged with multitple counts of rape or trafficking in dangerous drugs, or assaults as were others on her list.

As for those others invoved she was obviously referring to Cousins and Mcguane who did very little more than try and talk some sense to young Dan.

She has also previously been called out for (unsubstantiated) accusations she has made about Cousins- that he was spoken to by club officials about excessive drinking.

Both Gale and Cuz categorically denied her accusations yet she made them again, alleging both Gale and Cousins had lied.

Like a few others in the media she refuses to acknowledge that Ben with RFC support has done a terrific job with his rehab. OK but then to mention his attempts to keep a mate out of trouble in the same breath as she talks of serious criminal behaviour, suggests to me that she is fast losing touch.

Panthera tigris FC said:
I guess it depends on how seriously they want to be taken as a journalist.

My personal favourite has to be number 12. Do your utmost to achieve fair correction of errors.

Clearly Caro is bound to these ethics that would prevent her buying a Richmond Membership as it would be a formal contract acknowledging her bias.

Highlights the pointlessness of your argument.

Re: Caroline is a borderline joke.

Now that would be breaching some of the ethics that qualified journalists are bound to. Good God, wash your mouth out or have a rollicking good laugh at the tripe posted in the Caro Injury thread.

Just wondering if Caro is injured does that put us at 105% strength?

momentai said:
To night on AW was talking about her 5 biggest disappointments and 5 most positve developments in footy so far this year.

Dealing with disappointments she named some pretty serious stuff ups with offenders with multiple priors plus criminal charges and right in the middle she mentioned Dan Connors and "those others involved" in a Sydney Hotel brawl for which Connors got 8 weeks.

Dan got drunk and disturbed some guests at the hotel. He was not charged with multitple counts of rape or tra in dangerous drugs, or assaults as were others on her list.

As for those others invoved she was obviously referring to Cousins and Mcguane who did no more than try and talk some sense to young Dan.

She has also previosly been called out for unsubstanciated accusations she has made about Cousins being spoken to by club officials about excessive drinking.

Both Gale and Cuz categorically denied her accusations yet she made them again, alleging both Gale and Cousins had lied.

Let me get this straight. You DON'T think the debacle in Sydney was a disgrace? You reckon its ok for Cuz to give a teammate a prescription sleeping tablet? I didn't hear the piece on radio, but an eight week club suspension is up there with Steve Johnson - and worse than what Otto did all those years ago.

momentai said:
Dan got drunk and disturbed some guests at the hotel. He was not charged with multitple counts of rape or tra in dangerous drugs, or assaults as were others on her list.

Connors is a habitual offender.

momentai said:
As for those others invoved she was obviously referring to Cousins and Mcguane who did no more than try and talk some sense to young Dan.

Uh no its well established now that they got suspended for not stopping him before he got too drunk.

momentai said:
She has also previosly been called out for unsubstanciated accusations she has made about Cousins being spoken to by club officials about excessive drinking.

Her only error was assuming that officials had spoken to Cousins again. Its pretty clear now IMHO that around the beginning of the season Cousins did have a drinking problem.

RFC not KFC said:
Now that would be breaching some of the ethics that qualified journalists are bound to. Good God, wash your mouth out or have a rollicking good laugh at the tripe posted in the Caro Injury thread.

You're just showing yet again that you don't understand the issues.

RFC not KFC said:

So why aren't you lambasting those calling her a tightarse as well? No-one knows thats why no conclusions on her character can be drawn.

RFC not KFC said:

Thanks for the laugh.

The fact that some journalists are gutter crawling muckrakers doesn't refute the fact that journalism ethics exist or that some would regard them seriously.

IT started off life in the form of a maggot, living off the bleeding of others. Whether it was an innocuous scratch or a fatal wound, IT was in there sucking as much as IT possibly could out of the victim, sometimes IT would return to the same spot to gnaw on the scar tissue. Once the wound had been sucked dried & healed over, IT would disappear & return as a 'pretty' butterfly sitting on the shoulder of ITs previous host who had now recovered.

One day when IT was sitting on the shoulder, just under the ear of ITs host, the host slipped. Another nasty injury was sustained by the clumsy host.

IT became a blowfly, a smart blowfly, when IT got into the wounds this time IT laid some little maggots in the host. Now the little maggots sometimes tell IT that they have found a new wound or infection & the big blowfly knows straight away about all the internal bleeding.

The host now knows the problems that blowflies & maggots cause, so the host needs to be wise & at first sight of a maggot within, it needs to be removed immediately & completely. As for the blow fly which comes & goes for the purpose of solely feeding itself & of no concern for the host, the host needs to put up as many barriers to keep away the sneaky, shifty, disease riddled parasite at all costs.

Remember this parasite needs a host, if it can't get to the host it has no purpose. The host must be vigilant, remember this a smart blowfly with chameleon like ability. All maggots & blowflies need to kept at bay at all times.