Caro [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caro [Merged]

strandedtiger said:
Benny Cuz' leadership was on full display for us all to see today when he calmed the boys down at half time when the crowd was going mental. :clap

He is great isn't he!!! Everyone should get off his back and let him play footy! :clap :clap

Agree! Let him just play and football and continue with his recovery. As his father said, he still has a long way to go but proud of how far he has come.

I don't not think he will be at the club next year, but I am proud of what the club has done to help with his issues. Some say addressed! I would say it was done with compassion and understanding.

Caro, get off his back (I know you will read this) and Rosy when things are said in these forums and printed in papers it is not just semantics! Like Ben said, most things said/ written about him “stick.”

Those of you that have children that have not been involved in substance abuse, you are all very lucky. Hope your grandchildren are just as lucky.

Caro, I have stopped listening to 3aw when you are on and stopped reading your articles. Good luck next year with your headlines when Ben is no longer around.

Dusty said:
Agree! Let him just play and football and continue with his recovery. As his father said, he still has a long way to go but proud of how far he has come.

I don't not think he will be at the club next year, but I am proud of what the club has done to help with his issues. Some say addressed! I would say it was done with compassion and understanding.

Caro, get off his back (I know you will read this) and Rosy when things are said in these forums and printed in papers it is not just semantics! Like Ben said, most things said/ written about him “stick.”

Those of you that have children that have not been involved in substance abuse, you are all very lucky. Hope your grandchildren are just as lucky.

Caro, I have stopped listening to 3aw when you are on and stopped reading your articles. Good luck next year with your headlines when Ben is no longer around.

Well said Dusty, as for Caro not having headlines next year?, i would'nt worry too much about her, she and scrutchy will always find something throgh her sources?.....If not she will bring out her old favourite..."Richmond have been the worst performed club in the last 30 years"

Dusty said:
Rosy when things are said in these forums and printed in papers it is not just semantics!

In this situation I think when it comes down to "admonished" (Caro) and "addressed" (Benny) as terms used there really isn't much difference.

As far as I'm concerned Benny made certain claims about certain things that you were denying and I at lease provided a link to show that. "taking his eye off the ball" , "lack of intensity on the track", "magnitude of previous years catching up on him" and "lack of effort" aren't exactly the kind of things the club would claim if a player was just recovering from surgery as you seem to think was the case.

As for momentai. It's no surprise your thread about Caro's disappointments focussed on Ben even though Caro didn't. She mentioned an incident that involved 4 players but you chose to take it as a slight on Ben. You can make all the claims you like about Ben's involvement on the night to suit your agenda but fact is it wasn't Caro's doing that the club decided to suspend him. You can "guess" but I'm sure the decision wasn't made lightly.

Re: Caro injured?

Streak said:
But getting steamed up over Caro. EEEWWWW. :hihi

Something about the thought of that makes me feel very weird.
Well im tellen ya Streak, Folks round here into sum weird *smile*!!

rosy23 said:
In this situation I think when it comes down to "admonished" (Caro) and "addressed" (Benny) as terms used there really isn't much difference.

As far as I'm concerned Benny made certain claims about certain things that you were denying and I at lease provided a link to show that. "taking his eye off the ball" , "lack of intensity on the track", "magnitude of previous years catching up on him" and "lack of effort" aren't exactly the kind of things the club would claim if a player was just recovering from surgery as you seem to think was the case.

As for momentai. It's no surprise your thread about Caro's disappointments focussed on Ben even though Caro didn't. She mentioned an incident that involved 4 players but you chose to take it as a slight on Ben. You can make all the claims you like about Ben's involvement on the night to suit your agenda but fact is it wasn't Caro's doing that the club decided to suspend him. You can "guess" but I'm sure the decision wasn't made lightly.
She didn't focus on Ben but she did wind him unnecessarily in to a story about some people who had committed some pretty serious stuff. She did that because that is what she does. She puts him down when she can.

Ben played great today. They all did. Enjoy.

You need to watch Ben off camera / behind the scenes.

He truly is a KEY LEADER at the club,

Even my tolerant wife (she who sits up and pretends while I scream at the TV) commented tonight .........

"Wow - they seem to have picked up some of Ben's flair - running with the ball - baulking"

He is still THE CLASS PLAYER - although the Cotchin's, Martins, Deledio's are catching up really quickly :clap

Did Cousins have anything to do with that?

AB SO FRIG UN LOOT ELY :clap

Sir said:
Did Cousins have anything to do with that?

A little maybe.

What about all the guys like McMahon, Thomson & Morton running around in the VFL why don't they get a mention?

The Cotchins, Martins and Deledios would have been good, Cousins or not.

Tigers of Old said:
A little maybe.

What about all the guys like McMahon, Thomson & Morton running around in the VFL why don't they get a mention?

The Cotchins, Martins and Deledios would have been good, Cousins or not.

C'mon 'Tigers of Old'

Are we the last people up?

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

Morton, McMahon (Thompson??) have arguable/questionable ability and even less aptitude for a successful AFL team.

Cousins will alienate some - and motivate others - but his motivational force is far more powerful among young, impressionable, developing players.

Now - what sort of squad do the Tigers have?

He's like Clint Eatswood in Heartbreak Ridge.

Trust me - you want him on your team ;)