Caro [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caro [Merged]

Re: Caro injured?

jb03 said:
Why would you wonder that?

It was in response to my post in regard to Caro's outer appearance of impartiality as a footy journalist. As 'footy journalists', as opposed to 'footy personalities' Sheehan and Robbo's membership status is directly relevant to this role and the issue being discussed.

mb64 said:
Understand where your coming from Rosy but a symbol of supporting a club is being a member.She should be a member as far as l'm concerned.

Her refusing to take out a membership of any club, considering her profession, is something to be commended. Journalistic integrity, especially in sports journalism, is something that we often bag on these boards and yet when a footy journalist shows such integrity we bag them as being tight, or not a true supporter. :-\

Panthera tigris FC said:
Her refusing to take out a membership of any club, considering her profession, is something to be commended. Journalistic integrity, especially in sports journalism, is something that we often bag on these boards and yet when a footy journalist shows such integrity we bag them as being tight, or not a true supporter. :-\

Normally I like your posting Panthera but that is just nonsense.

jb03 said:
Normally I like your posting Panthera but that is just nonsense.

Would you expect a member of the ALP, or Libs, to be a chief political writer for a paper?

Brodders17 said:
Would you expect a member of the ALP, or Libs, to be a chief political writer for a paper?

That's a pretty long bow to draw, besides, everyone already knows her ties to the club and she hardly hides this fact. Any conflict of interest should be fine as long as its disclosed in advance.

Panthera tigris FC said:
What a load of garbage

Panthera tigris FC said:

Surely you could come up with something better than that?...... i suppose that would also cover her daughter's reason not to be paid up?

Brodders17 said:

That could be the most stupid analogy ever written on PRE.

Brodders17 said:

jb03 said:
That could be the most stupid analogy ever written on PRE.

Why? There's not that much difference. Plenty of "pollies" attend the footy. ;D

mb64 said:
What a load of garbage

Hardly. Come up with reasons why if its such garbage.

waiting since 80 said:
Surely you could come up with something better than that?......

Yet you and others don't seem to be able to refute it

Caro not being a member of the RFC is just an other case of hypocracy. That is supposed to prove her integrity and impartiality? We all know her allegiance to the Tigers, what iota of difference would it make if she did have a membership. If you can, support your club. If she supports the club in other ways just say so. Do we really think that by hiding any support in secrecy that it somehow increases her integrity or impatiality?

You are allowed to do a job and have preferences. We all have an element of bias in what we do or believe. You just have to take that into account when you read an article or listen to someone speak.

GoodOne said:
Caro not being a member of the RFC is just an other case of hypocracy. That is supposed to prove her integrity and impartiality? We all know her allegiance to the Tigers, what iota of difference would it make if she did have a membership. If you can, support your club. If she supports the club in other ways just say so. Do we really think that by hiding any support in secrecy that it somehow increases her integrity or impatiality?

You are allowed to do a job and have preferences. We all have an element of bias in what we do or believe. You just have to take that into account when you read an article or listen to someone speak.

Goodpost goodone

GoodOne said:

Agree with ya GoodOne ;).... though there are a few here that dont want to hear it, and keep making excuses for Mrs Wilson!. It's like if she was too buy a membership people would cease to buy The Age?.

I believe she is not a member because she's not a true supporter. Her old man might have been pres, she might call herself a richmond person but if she really was, she'd be a member. It's got nothing to do with journalistic integrity, she just doesn't love our club as we do. Who cares, just don't pretend you're a richmond person wilson, cause you may as well be carlton as far as I'm concerned. You aint one of us, and we don't need ya

I don't really equate being a member with being a true or passionate supporter of the club.

I have rellies who live in Victoria who are Tigers through and through (I myself am a fourth generation Tiger, my son is a 5th) but most would not be members.

They rattled the tins though in the late 80's and early 90's.

Streak said:
I don't really equate being a member with being a true or passionate supporter of the club.

I have rellies who live in Victoria who are Tigers through and through (I myself am a fourth generation Tiger, my son is a 5th) but most would not be members.

They rattled the tins though in the late 80's and early 90's.

Hey Streak most people who choose not to be members give the reason that they are either
1. finacially unable
2. live too far away and cannot get to games
3. too old and dont go anymore
4. have work commitments / play sports themselfs same day as the AFL or they are taking their kids to their activities and dont see the value in it.

All fair and reasonable with me, because everyones situation is different!... though i think you'll find that Caro does'nt fit into any of those catogories?.

GoodOne said:

Spot on Goodie

GoodOne said:

Thats your opinion. If her opinion is different and in her opinion she needs to be seen to be impartial why is it hypocritical? Unless you believe she's simply making excuses but then why would you think that? The fact is if the appearance of impartiality is her reason for not being a member then its not due to a lack of integrity or being a tightarse or whatever other assertion you want to come up with to try and talk her down.

waiting since 80 said:
Surely you could come up with something better than that?...... i suppose that would also cover her daughter's reason not to be paid up?

How so? Being a member of a club is a formal affiliation, from someone whose profession is to report on the sport and to attempt to remain as impartial as possible. Why you, jb, mb etc. think this is garbage is interesting, but doesn't remove the fact that she is acting as a professional journalist and she can't be accused of slanting her stories as a member of a club.

To suggest that she doesn't join because she is tight is utterly ridiculous.

As for your jibe about her daughter, I don't know anything about her daughter (or even that she has a daughter) and thus her membership status is also unknown to me. Obviously her mother's profession has nothing to do with her membership status.