Caro [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caro [Merged]

Re: Caro injured?

Great another Caro bashing thread :sleeping

waiting since 80 said:
Hey Streak, about 2 weeks ago on 3AW Sports Tonight with Healy and Russell a caller was asking Caro to ease up on the negative stories about the club and so on and that she replied that she was just stating facts Bla Bla Bla and she is a Richmond girl and her daughter barracked for Richmond. Her hubby and son were Essendon supporters, then Gerard ask Caro was she a member?... her respose was.... im not a member of any club!

Anyway there is a forum on this subject somewhere here (PRE) were some stuck up for her and others found it poor taste she was'nt,

And others who understand that she is certainly within her rights to try and stay impartial. She takes her job seriously. Brereton is not a journalist and thus feels no need to do the same.

waiting since 80 said:
The 30 years of underperforming stories have been done to death!.... yes though true it's not Gale and Hardwick's fault so give them a chance!, only last week she had a crack at us (on radio) for letting go Carl Peterson saying why did we move him on etc, etc, after his game against us,when only too well she know that Carl was losing his way after football hours :-[ i think it was Kingy (David) who said "Caro you know why he was let go".

There have been plenty here who have said the same as her including myself.

Disco Stu said:
Don't worry WS80, Caro doesn't watch the footy, she's purely a football politics reporter, hence why I like footy classifieds when they talk actual football matters, as I know she won't be involved in the conversation as she knows nothing about the players, game plans etc..

If Caro knows nothing about our game plan she's not the only one. I admit to knowing nothing about our game plan either. That's better than pretending to do so. When people have made claims about it on here I've asked for clarification but none has been forthcoming. I'd certainly welcome it if someone could explain it for me.

Caro's job as a reporter has nothing to do with her being a Richmond supporter and it's ludicrous to suggest she wouldn't enjoy us winning based on her professional work. She's harder hitting than most journos but I like that. I personally prefer to read what's happening behind the scenes than game reviews that just describe what's happened, or previews that guess what might happen. A lot of what Caro reports would come from the RFC. I know that as fact from someone who told me he gave her info in the past. Just because we don't always like what she has to say about us is no reason to question her as a Richmond supporter imo.

Certain comments on here wanting to stick it up others have been a bit disappointing really. Fact is we've had poor results and will cop our share of attention for that. I don't think there's too much malice in it. For example on Shepparton ABC radio last week they had a signed Richmond jumper and were taking callback on how much it's value would increase if we went through the season winless. Today they were playing our song as a favour for Tiger fans to listen to and enjoy.

I'm rapt we had a win, especially for the players' sakes, but I can't go over the top and in others' faces about it. There's still a long season ahead. We'll probably still cop more than our fair share of criticism but I hope that is gradually overtaken by respect and appreciation.

:gotigers

IanG said:
And others who understand that she is certainly within her rights to try and stay impartial. She takes her job seriously. Brereton is not a journalist and thus feels no need to do the same.

Stay Impartial??.... are you kidding me? :rotfl She's a tightarse!

James Brayshaw Tripple M/Footy show host and President....Paid up member.

Eddie is everywhere print/Tv/Radio and pres....paid up member

G lyon Same as above

Listening to SEN the other morning Watson and Maher were on the subject of memberships (which they are members of their respective clubs Ess/Carl) when they brought up they both bought a NTH MELBOURNE membership a few years back when Nth were struggling.
I'm sure Tim Lane (carl), John Ralph (rich) Mark Robinson (Ess) Mike Sheahan (Melb) Michealangelo Rucci (Adel)and many other journalists around the country are members of their respective clubs and are proud of it.

waiting since 80 said:
Stay Impartial??.... are you kidding me? :rotfl She's a tightarse!

Based on what?

waiting since 80 said:
James Brayshaw Tripple M/Footy show host and President....Paid up member.

Eddie is everywhere print/Tv/Radio and pres....paid up member

Brayshaw is not a journalist, he's a broadcaster, there's a difference. And really with both of them they're the Presidents of their respective clubs so of course they're members. With Caro its a different situation she's not President.

waiting since 80 said:
G lyon Same as above

Also not a journalist.

waiting since 80 said:
Listening to SEN the other morning Watson and Maher were on the subject of memberships (which they are members of their respective clubs Ess/Carl) when they brought up they both bought a NTH MELBOURNE membership a few years back when Nth were struggling.
I'm sure Tim Lane (carl), John Ralph (rich) Mark Robinson (Ess) Mike Sheahan (Melb) Michealangelo Rucci (Adel)and many other journalists around the country are members of their respective clubs and are proud of it.

OK then come back to me when you find out for sure.

Even if they were it still doesn't invalidate her stance, she's only in the football media but she obviously takes the job seriously, its her choice. If she makes because she feels she needs to be impartial thats a perfectly reasonable attitude for a journalist to have.

I realise the fourth estate is pretty much in the gutter these days but some journalists would still take their responsibilities seriously and feel they have an ethical obligation to remain and be seen to be impartial.

Don't mind what Caro writes. Don't mind that she isn't a RFC member or any other member - clearly her way of ensuring impartiality (as a journo not a footy personality - there's a difference). Don't always agree with her. But boohoo for me I suppose.

I do reckon anybody who has a problem with bias in Caro's writing needs to hit the shrink for a little paranoia therapy. She treats her career as more important than the footy team she barracks for - and so do I.

IanG said:
Brayshaw is not a journalist, he's a broadcaster, there's a difference. And really with both of them they're the Presidents of their respective clubs so of course they're members. With Caro its a different situation she's not President.

Also not a journalist.
I think you'll find Lyon is a journalist, he writes plenty of articles for the papers

ZeroGame said:
I think you'll find Lyon is a journalist, he writes plenty of articles for the papers

There are plenty of ghost writers....including Caro.

So, how did she go on FC last night ? Make up stuff to tear us a new one ? Or sulk because she couldn't abuse us ?

Or did she seem happy that we won ?

rosy23 said:
There are plenty of ghost writers....including Caro.
Given the content of his articles and the way he refers to the issues he's raised in his print articles on tv I'm sure it's him who writes them. He now works in the media, he's not still a footballer. I'm sure an editor makes required changes, but I'd be shocked if he needed a ghost writer.

ZeroGame said:

Writing for a paper doesn't make him a journalist. Andrew Bolt isn't a journalist, Sally Bennett isn't a journalist........

Jason King said:
Bit hard to quantify though isnt it? I would have said "proof readers" myself.

You're welcome to say that. I'm not sure why it needs to be quantified. I just know it happens because I was told a while ago by someone at RFC.

I'd personally assume "proof readers" looked for grammatical and spelling errors rather than write the article under someone else's name as a ghost writer does, basically putting their thoughts and opinions into a more professional and coherent form.

rosy23 said:
You're welcome to say that. I'm not sure why it needs to be quantified. I just know it happens because I was told a while ago by someone at RFC.

I'd personally assume "proof readers" looked for grammatical and spelling errors rather than write the article under someone else's name as a ghost writer does, basically putting their thoughts and opinions into a more professional and coherent form.

I know Gary has said previously that he recieved help with some articles. Whether that help was writing entire articles, who knows. Hence my comment as to things being quantified, otherwise its just someone elses opinion.

IanG said:
Based on what?

The income she earns through her employment at The Age,3aw, Footy Classified surely she could fork out a few hundred dollars a year to help out the club she supposedly loves.

One more thing IanG.... You say that she has to be impartial so that is why she is not a member, though on the other hand she barracks for Richmond?.

Do you really think people would stop buying The Age or not watch FC or turn the radio dial to another station if they knew Caro was a PAID UP MEMBER of the RFC?..... i'll give you my answer, it's a big no!

I watched FC last night. Not only was Caro very happy and complimentary about the win, she also named Cousins has having had a very good game.

Who would've thunk it ?