Blair Hartley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blair Hartley

It's a fine line. Van Rooyen kicks a bag of four today while Tom Brown has the VFL bye. Get that pick right and our list looks a whole lot better.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Most puzzling aspect of the last half dozen years for me is the KPF issue? How they could overlook that is such a mystery. And not like we haven’t had our chances to recruit for that position. But we never have and it just seems so negligent for a seemingly professionally run club.

Reactions: 5 users
You can find a CHB easier than a CHF.

We're a pre-season away from finding out how far off Bradtke is.
You think moving Balta from a position he has dominated all year to CHF?

And do you honestly see a kid taken in the preseason supplementary list a chance to make it? Odd I would suggest are long.

Most puzzling aspect of the last half dozen years for me is the KPF issue? How they could overlook that is such a mystery. And not like we haven’t had our chances to recruit for that position. But we never have and it just seems so negligent for a seemingly professionally run club.
In fairness we did have Chol and CCJ and we were winning flags. But they left in the one off season we have not backfilled those spots with similar types.

Reactions: 3 users
You think moving Balta from a position he has dominated all year to CHF?

And do you honestly see a kid taken in the preseason supplementary list a chance to make it? Odd I would suggest are long.
We shouldn't even try then.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
It's a fine line. Van Rooyen kicks a bag of four today while Tom Brown has the VFL bye. Get that pick right and our list looks a while lot better.

Made me cringe every time JVR got the ball. Knowing Jack is battling away solo down the other end at 34yo and Lynch can't get on the park. The KPF planning has been criminally bad and I'm not even sure we can fix it in the short term.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
We do pick them but they aren't good.
They missed Sam Talyor and picked up an SA kid Coleman Jones instead of getting the Victorian Oscar Allan.

Reactions: 1 user
This all steams back to us winning flags, we have never been a good drafting club but they took the *smile* after 17, selecting Higgins another small when we had Bulter Castagna Rioli.
Throw in the a hybrid forward/ruck Coleman jones. Followered up by 2 midfielders that were allergic to leather in Dow & Collier Dawkins.
Giving away our 1st pick to Geelong in 2020 was pure arrogance.
Selecting Brown in front of a 'Bull/ aggressive' forward in Van Hooganband is sackable.

Reactions: 2 users
It's a fine line. Van Rooyen kicks a bag of four today while Tom Brown has the VFL bye. Get that pick right and our list looks a while lot better.
Yeah, he does everything we need from a key forward. Great lead, physical, good hands. Aghh. It gives me the shitz knowing he'll do that for the next ten years for those blokes.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, he does everything we need from a key forward. Great lead, physical, good hands. Aghh. It gives me the shitz knowing he'll do that for the next ten years for those blokes.
The thing that pissed me off was
Everyone could see we needed another forward and Riewoldt replacement. But they picked up a kid that really can only play as an outside winger or at half back.
Give away pick 40"s for those types not pick 11.
We *smile* that up

The thing that pissed me off was
Everyone could see we needed another forward and Riewoldt replacement. But they picked up a kid that really can only play as an outside winger or at half back.
Give away pick 40"s for those types not pick 11.
We *smile* that up
Pick 17 in 2021 draft not pick 11. By all means criticize recruiting but get the facts right when you do.

Reactions: 1 users
Lemme tell you how you draft forwards. Ya pick em in the draft. Just sayin.

Blair needs to learn that picking up mids at four for a dollar doesn't help us where we are in need of some KPP. We got luck with Young as a future KPD although from memory that wasn't from Blair but we are desperately short of some forward talls