Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

pessimistic_ said:
Duck makes a very good point.

Why not use hacks to take out deledio /Cotchin types

We wouldn't take it.

We'd corky Boomer/Petrie etc in retaliation. It's just a fine at worst.

North have rested a few of their snipers, like Thomson and Firrito, so if anything we may be less likely to cop cheap shots.

UKTiger said:
Just read Carey's comments about the replacement roos may well rough up our stars to make the following week easier. Classy sportsman!

Heard the actual sound grab, he wasn't condoning it, merely raising it as possibility and was critical of the AFL for permitting it. In other words, taken out of context, add a bit of Carey hatred, leads to PRE hysteria.

:hihi

They can bring on their a,b,c or d team - who cares, we owe them big time and this week we smash them, and next week we smash them. The only decent team they have beaten in the last 8 weeks is Freo (and Freo did play poorly). We have better form, and we are a better team. Just do it tigers!

antman said:
Heard the actual sound grab, he wasn't condoning it, merely raising it as possibility and was critical of the AFL for permitting it. In other words, taken out of context, add a bit of Carey hatred, leads to PRE hysteria.

:hihi

Why would he use the word "maim", though? Does he understand what it means?

Hoping to see the Tigers come out and make road kill of the Roos tonight.

A 20 goal win would get the Tiggy Train chugging along really nicely.

Toot Toot

Norf bleating about wanting more Friday night games - then when they do they make a mokery of it by putting in their 2nds - i really dislike this mob immensely and if we should get the chance to pole axe them would love too ....

This is a Scott we are talking about here, the weird one at that, so who knows what's going on in that pea brain. Which one is he again? #lolnorf

Whilst I'd love us to thump north tonight I don't reckon we will. 25-30 points in a sluggish game.

Think we will do just enough to win and all the talk will be about how Richmond couldn't put away a North seconds team and next week when we line up again? , the talk will be about North getting their guns back hot favourites to roll the Tigers who lose their final in 3 years!

Then we go WACK and thump then to win our first final and the heat will be on North, the players and Scott!

That's my scenario .

Hope we do meet them next week at the G in front of the Tiger Army! Nothing will please me more than to smash them and wipe off their smug confident faces.

tigertim said:
Whilst I'd love us to thump north tonight I don't reckon we will. 25-30 points in a sluggish game.

Even with the resting their team isn't that bad. At least a lot better than what ours would be if we rested 9 players or whatever they have.

The two main players who normally own us are still playing - Harvey and Petrie.

With the game at Etihad, I'm tipping some pretty good vitriol thrown over the barricades when Scott comes down at 1/4 & 3/4 time.

tigertim said:

Yep wont be the cakewalk that almost everyone is predicting IMO.

Even thou it's 9 changes , don't think there anywhere near as weak as many are saying, North a clearly the biggest pick and choose club going around , no Dal Santo, Higgins an Thomas which automatically lifts there work rate, so I won't be shocked if they do have a real crack. Bottom line we have a home final to play for so this is really up to our mental application. Personally would have played Morris an given him the job on the AFLs greatest ever sheep dog, made sure he needed to be rested with "soreness" next week.

We'll smash them to pieces. The only thing stopping a 100+ point win is Dimma deciding to ease back once we're 10 goals in front

The only way we won't smash them is if Dimma wants to practice certain structures for finals footy.

No point playing an open game for a percentage boost. We could still smash 'em early though, as we are the better and older team.

Don't bother getting nervous about losing geez, this group know how to win.

Chimptastic said:
The only way we won't smash them is if Dimma wants to practice certain structures for finals footy.

No point playing an open game for a percentage boost.

I'd hope he'd play his plan b or c game plan tonight from the start to make sure we have that down pat. Save Game plan A for next week.

Baloo said:
I'd hope he'd play his plan b or c game plan tonight from the start to make sure we have that down pat. Save Game plan A for next week.

Dimma is the type of coach to show his hand and beat them anyway.

He'll go with Plan A and our players will rehearse structures for next week IMO. Should be an interesting match.