Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Too good. We tried to force a few shots and passes and drives that weren't on but just outplayed really.

Reactions: 1 users
Lack of poise - inexperienced guard play telling. But no complaint about effort. Greece will be no pushover. Will need to be better with respect to looking after the ball.

Reactions: 2 users
Opportunity missed to bring some of the younger guys to get the big tournament experience. Delly & Ingles waste of 2 spots. Cannot believe Thybulle was not chosen. Sentiment. And Patty was extremely frustrated with the close checking and is not the player he was.

We missed too many open 3's and their extra athleticism (steals/turnovers/blocks) was the difference.

Landale was killing it early, I'm a big fan of his, love his aggression on the boards and he forced some nice shots inside. A few fumbles late took a bit of gloss off a great game.

Reactions: 2 users
Opportunity missed to bring some of the younger guys to get the big tournament experience. Delly & Ingles waste of 2 spots. Cannot believe Thybulle was not chosen. Sentiment. And Patty was extremely frustrated with the close checking and is not the player he was.

We missed too many open 3's and their extra athleticism (steals/turnovers/blocks) was the difference.

Landale was killing it early, I'm a big fan of his, love his aggression on the boards and he forced some nice shots inside. A few fumbles late took a bit of gloss off a great game.
I only watched the 1st half, where we generally played pretty well, but a team relying on Giddey, Daniels, Exum and Mills for points at this level is going to struggle against the very best.- no knock on them, but the 1st 3 arent natural scorers, and Mills is well past his best.
But we are still in it. Beat Greece and then see what comes next.

Reactions: 1 user

Yep Thybulle should be there. Exactly the defensive player we needed against a great offensive team like Canada. Poor non-selection.

Landale and Giddey were fantastic; Exum good as well. But ultimately we were outclassed. Nick Kay a liability in that game.

We’re a Furphy and Zikarski away from crushing Canada!
This is a good shout. We despreatley need some athleticism on the wings. Kay looks past it and Joe was never that athlhtic to start with. Furphy brings shooting and someone who can run the floor hard. I think we also need a quick point guard to replace Mills, hoping Tyrese Proctor grows into that player. Rocco will certainly be in the next squad. Rocoo, Landale, Furphy, Giddey, Prctor , Daniels the locks for the next generation. A fit Ben Simmons would've helped last night, he is the perfect FIBA small ball 5 or 4 at his best but I think those days are gone.

I only watched the 1st half, where we generally played pretty well, but a team relying on Giddey, Daniels, Exum and Mills for points at this level is going to struggle against the very best.- no knock on them, but the 1st 3 arent natural scorers, and Mills is well past his best.
But we are still in it. Beat Greece and then see what comes next.
Well if you only watched the 2nd half you would probably say we were comprehensively outplayed and outclassed.

Not sure of your point.

This is a good shout. We despreatley need some athleticism on the wings. Kay looks past it and Joe was never that athlhtic to start with. Furphy brings shooting and someone who can run the floor hard. I think we also need a quick point guard to replace Mills, hoping Tyrese Proctor grows into that player. Rocco will certainly be in the next squad. Rocoo, Landale, Furphy, Giddey, Prctor , Daniels the locks for the next generation. A fit Ben Simmons would've helped last night, he is the perfect FIBA small ball 5 or 4 at his best but I think those days are gone.
Future is bright. Love the outlook you outline. A fit and refocused Simmons would push us into territory previously unexplored. I hope he can come good.

Well if you only watched the 2nd half you would probably say we were comprehensively outplayed and outclassed.

Not sure of your point.
Not trying to be controversial, just that we have good defenders, good play makers, but we lack quality scorers. And when games get tight offence gets very difficult when a team doesnt have a guy or 2 who can just score.

Geez, who could have predicted that Nick Kay can't stop Giannis?!?!

Goorjian is such a frustrating coach.

Side note:

Greek coach reminds me of Chris Scott. Arms permanently outstretched with mouth open like a goldfish.
Josh Giddy looks like Gryan Miers.

Took the wrong team, paying for it. Awful performance in all facets of thr game.