Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

What a debacle from the Boomers in the first half. A complete shitshow. Total mess at both ends. Can’t score and can’t defend. Look like they’re playing for the first time.

Giddey and Daniels had absolute Barries. WTF is Kay doing in the team?

Reactions: 1 user
Greece really aren't that good.

We have no connection. Battling to score, still can't find a cohesive unit.

When Mills is poor, he is REALLY poor. Get him off. Delly also can't score but at least he's accountable defensively and brings energy.

Try Reath on Giannis. Let Exum run the point.

Try SOMETHING Goorjian.

Why he selected Ingles to sit on the bench when we need a gun defender (Thybulle) and a gun shooter (Goulding) is bewildering.

Rant over

Greece really aren't that good.

We have no connection. Battling to score, still can't find a cohesive unit.

When Mills is poor, he is REALLY poor. Get him off. Delly also can't score but at least he's accountable defensively and brings energy.

Try Reath on Giannis. Let Exum run the point.

Try SOMETHING Goorjian.

Why he selected Ingles to sit on the bench when we need a gun defender (Thybulle) and a gun shooter (Goulding) is bewildering.

Rant over
Imagine selecting Nick Kay ahead of Thybulle?? Beggars belief.

• Haha
How many turnovers and missed free throws from the Boomers in the first half? Amateur hour.

I couldn't watch. Would have smashed the TV. Bad selections...Nick Kay....couldn't stand him against Canada. Worse here.
Depressing.

Against a big, basically slow team like Greece (excluding you know who) we should have found more minutes for Exum and Reath. But Gorg’s philosophy has always been that you leave with the one you took to the dance. It works when you have better talent.

Last edited:
Through to the semis! We earned it. Coming through with an average margin of -1 point per game is a considerable achievement. We can improve from here. Really hope Green can find a bit of form and confidence.

Goorj's insistence on going from 'offensive lineup' to 'defensive lineup' was both understandable and a bloody terrible decision to keep running with. It is no wonder the team has never looked like it has had any great connection when this keeps getting done. So little fluidity or passing. I think I saw one drive and dump to Landale when it was there all night.

Why pick Ingles when it looks like there has never been any intention of playing him? He may be a great 'glue' guy, but I would prefer Rocco, Goulding, Furphy or... Thybulle to have been in his place.

Why has Reath played 46 seconds across three games, when Kay starts and plays the majority.

When Mills is on he is great, but when he isn't he is still getting the same minutes as if he was on. Huh?

Magnay getting more minutes than Jock in an 'almost' must win game. Huh?

What was with the refs coming to the conclusion that Jock touched the ball last? From one angle you could see that has hand wasn't near the ball, from the other it looked like it was touch, so they go with touching... Huh?

Just use the bloody contest when you know we will get two points for doing so, or an important reversal of possession. It doesn't accrue in value over time.

*stops*

We made it out of the round phase. YAY!!!

Go Boomers!

We have Mills playing the game of his life but just too many sloppy turnovers. Back to 4 ahead after being 24 up.

Delly minutes *smile* me. Misses every open shot just like in the nbl.

24 turnovers to 11. Richmond 2024 style basketball. Brilliance at one end undone by general stupidity.