Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

A messy win by the Boomers over Serbia and a half hearted Jokic. Have to sort out the blitzing defence of the top of the key pick and roll. When Giddey is the ball handler - no excuse not to get the ball to the roller, slipper or back door cutter. Just need to work on the timing.

Got to cut out the turnovers too. Should come together in time.

Geez - Gorge is tough on those bigs that can’t rebound. Specifically Reath. Looks like he won’t be used in tandem with Landale - no matter how outsized we are. Today would have been the perfect time to try that combination out.

Reactions: 1 user
Basketball is my favourite team sport at the Olympics. Hope they show plenty of it.
Obviously mine too. I'm a big volleyball fan too. Both mens and womens. But not the beach kind. Water polo too.

Hate golf, soccer and tennis (amongst others) at the Games.

Hate golf, soccer and tennis (amongst others) at the Games.
I agree on golf and tennis. Men's football im not too fussed about- u23s plus 3 older players makes it a bit irrelevant. Womens football has always been good i reckon-- because traditionally there have been so few opportunities on the big stage.
That is obviously changing now tho. With a lot of footballers complaining about their workload it will be interesting to see if the Olympics remain full strength over the next 10 or so years.

Boomers get a solid win over Puerto Rico in a warmup game in France 90-75. Good spread of scorers lead by Giddey. France coming up on Monday morning. These extra games should significantly improve our preparation for the Games.

Last edited:
Really happy to see Mills to prove me wrong. Going well for the Boomers so far.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
How is Dellavadova in our Olympic team. Some of his games for United have been more than luck luster.

Great to see some NBA players out there.

Very good start by the team. Giddey with 11 in first quarter.

*smile* YEAH!

GREAT STUFF BOOMERS!!!!!

Stick that right up your ass Spain!

WHOOO HOOOOO *insert lots more ! here*

Reactions: 1 users
How is Dellavadova in our Olympic team. Some of his games for United have been more than luck luster.

Great to see some NBA players out there.

Very good start by the team. Giddey with 11 in first quarter.
Thought Giddey-up was great, but started to force his shots a bit in the 2nd half.

Some dumb fouls on 3 balls kept Spain in it.

We really have some athleticism now and with giddy distributing it to the big boys got some very high percentage shots. Looks pretty promising.

Spaniards sook it up so much on any foul.

Was a fun watch. Well done boomers.

Very nice win. On ball pressure was supreme. OMG Daniels is an absolute beast. Hope we can tidy up the close-outs.

Wish some players like Green, McVeigh and even Daniels would take their first option shots and not second guess themselves.

Some dumb fouls on 3 balls kept Spain in it.

We really have some athleticism now and with giddy distributing it to the big boys got some very high percentage shots. Looks pretty promising.

Spaniards sook it up so much on any foul.

Was a fun watch. Well done boomers.
Not only dumb fouls, but very poor reffing in parts. Little consistency of calls at times.

The Spaniards sooking up was poor form, and made the win even better.

Canada is going to be tough.

Reactions: 1 users
What I liked about the Boomers was the team play, the connection, very little selfish basketball. As long as we keep this up, we could go a long way. And keeping Ingles and Delly on the bench

Reactions: 3 users
< Socceroos | NRL >