Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

According to the experts like Windhorst and Wojnarowski - no. Really no interest in drafting him outside of the Lakers. James gets his way again. Still - pick 57 - so what.
There are some great made-up videos going around of James and Redick.

One section went something like...

James: So, why should you be our next coach?
Redick: Well, I've been doing a podcast with you for the past three months...
James: Good point!

James: What are you thoughts on rotations?
Redick: I'll just ask you.

etc etc :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Another Aussie Gets Traded
The Atlanta Hawks are finalizing talks to trade high-scoring Dejounte Murray to the New Orleans Pelicans for a package expected to include two first-round draft picks

Hawks get: Larry Nance Jr. , Dyson Daniels
  • 2025 first-round pick (via Lakers)
  • 2027 first-round pick (via Bucks/Pelicans)
Pelicans receive: Dejounte Murray

Another Aussie Gets Traded
The Atlanta Hawks are finalizing talks to trade high-scoring Dejounte Murray to the New Orleans Pelicans for a package expected to include two first-round draft picks

Hawks get: Larry Nance Jr. , Dyson Daniels
  • 2025 first-round pick (via Lakers)
  • 2027 first-round pick (via Bucks/Pelicans)
Pelicans receive: Dejounte Murray
Interesting trade all round. Daniels partnering Young is an interesting concept. Wouldn't get his hands on the ball much. Not sure it would do much for his development unless he can develop a top notch catch and shoot game.

Still - Hawks may not even hang onto Young if the rumours are to be believed.

Interesting trade all round. Daniels partnering Young is an interesting concept. Wouldn't get his hands on the ball much. Not sure it would do much for his development unless he can develop a top notch catch and shoot game.

Still - Hawks may not even hang onto Young if the rumours are to be believed.
Initial whispers were that one of Young or Murray would have to be moved, as they just didn't work well together.

Now that Murray's gone, fair chance Young will be kept.

Good grief - by the time our Aussies’ careers are over I would have followed every team in the NBA! Don’t know anything about Charlotte except they used to be the bobcats. I know Atlanta is one of the ugliest cities in the US and that is saying something.

I’m not a fan of the George move to Philly. Would have preferred that they fill out their roster a different way. Finding decent support crew will be really tricky. Don’t think they’ll all be healthy during the season and / or playoffs - so the needle hasn’t moved that much closer in my estimation. Good on Boston and the Knicks for showing how it should be done.

Opps. Forgot Dante is still on the Mavs. Sorry Luka - I still luv ya.
Nah, gotta embrace the disgust! Own it!!! haha

But yeah, we really need to get Dante traded to a team that doesn't have the biggest whinge bag in basketball on it - I consider Luke and LeFlop to be a deadset tie!

I’m not a fan of the George move to Philly. Would have preferred that they fill out their roster a different way. Finding decent support crew will be really tricky. Don’t think they’ll all be healthy during the season and / or playoffs - so the needle hasn’t moved that much closer in my estimation. Good on Boston and the Knicks for showing how it should be done.
Maybe, but hard to see how Embiid, Maxey and some "decent support crew" could beat the Celtics, and maybe the Knicks, let alone what ever comes from the West.
Embiid, Maxey and George is probably the best 3some in the NBA, they just need to find the right 3 or 4 role players to fill the holes, next to Drummond and Oubre.

Good grief - by the time our Aussies’ careers are over I would have followed every team in the NBA! Don’t know anything about Charlotte except they used to be the bobcats. I know Atlanta is one of the ugliest cities in the US and that is saying something.
Charlotte are eternally rubbish, and as far as i can tell that doesnt look to be changing any time soon. The only good thing to ever come out of Charlotte was Mugsy Bogues.

Like Daniels move though, it might be a good opportunity for Green to play a bigger role on a non-contender.

Chaotic win by the Boomers over China. That’s what you get playing 14 guys almost equal minutes trying to sort through your best combinations. Hopefully we can get to the final settled lineup quickly and be done with it. The team needs to mesh.

Chaotic win by the Boomers over China. That’s what you get playing 14 guys almost equal minutes trying to sort through your best combinations. Hopefully we can get to the final settled lineup quickly and be done with it. The team needs to mesh.
Do you know how strong the Chinese line-up was, mate?

Who's your final 12 Fighten?

I can't pick it.

Reckon we should leave Ingles and Kay home, but probably unlikely.

Can't see us making it past the first round though

In the Opals v China game 43 year old Lauren Jackson is still a presence on the floor. The competitive fire still burns within her. It’s astonishing. First played in the national team 28 years ago.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
In the Opals v China game 43 year old Lauren Jackson is still a presence on the floor. The competitive fire still burns within her. It’s astonishing. First played in the national team 28 years ago.
Mrs PT played national junior championships against her in their early teens. Actually as her direct opponent. Did alright against her according to the in-laws. Bit of a bragging point at family BBQs.

She said, Lauren wasn’t that impressive in that tournament.Extremely tall and gangly. So the coach just stuck her under the basket to grab rebounds. Really turned it on into her late teens though, as she grew into her body.

Last edited: