Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Tigion said:
for a tall player he dosent mind going to ground to get the ball got alot of courage to :clap top effort

Yep. Did well around the ground. Even bending down to take low marks.

That massive effort to dive on the ball utterly buggered in the last minute was speeeeecial.

Great effort by the big Ranga tonight, but at some stage he's going to have to trust himself to kick the ball once in a while.

He played in a winning game and had 24 hit outs. Poor LeighW

worked himself into exhaustion tonight... great effort, confidence will tidy up some of his second guessing mistakes
really showed gus tonight how to get the best out of what you have!!!!!

He gave it absolutely everything, absolutely wrecked by the end of it, can't question that sort of effort.

timYCW#7 said:
He gave it absolutely everything, absolutely wrecked by the end of it, can't question that sort of effort.

Absolutely agree! :clap

The EFFORT was amazing! :clap

Great effort tonight. Made some mistakes, but so far ahead of Angus at the Ruck contest it wasn't funny. He was showed some maturity hanging onto the ball until a decent option came along as well at times.

Thought Post as ok against Rider as well in the ruck, bud didn't to much otherwise.

Would stick with Browne for the rest of the year now.

The big man played a great first game for the year. Still needs to do a bit to get to the level, mentally he needs to be reminded that he does belong out there and not to look for an easy dish off every time.

$340 coming PYMPS way thanks to him. However if this form continues I may have to plead for a cap.

Go Browney!!

A couple of poor and really predictable handball errors tonight but still a great effort overall. Could even have been more damaging if our players had kicked it to him more often. Was often ignored - we have a tradition of ignoring new players. Great to have a massive target in the middle of the ground that you know will contest.

Fantastic effort by Browne :clap :clap ok he made a few errors but overall he provided a target around the ground and competed well in the ruck.

His contested marking ability puts him ahead of Graham for mine. A ruckman able to clunk (not fumble) marks is cruical. That's before even taking into account other factors ie actually has a football brain. Still young so people should not get on his back if he doesn't dominate but he's worth getting games into.

gustiger12 said:
Great effort tonight. Made some mistakes, but so far ahead of Angus at the Ruck contest it wasn't funny. He was showed some maturity hanging onto the ball until a decent option came along as well at times.

Thought Post as ok against Rider as well in the ruck, bud didn't to much otherwise.

Would stick with Browne for the rest of the year now.

Totally agree. Plus he seems more aware of the flow of the game. He just doesn't run to designated spots like Graham but seems to measure up the game a lot better. Understands it better. And they can keep Post in the squad as far as I'm concerned. They used him at the centre bounces and he really had a crack - but I thought he could have been servicable as third man up at times.

LeighW said:
The big man played a great first game for the year. Still needs to do a bit to get to the level, mentally he needs to be reminded that he does belong out there and not to look for an easy dish off every time.

$340 coming PYMPS way thanks to him. However if this form continues I may have to plead for a cap.

Go Browney!!

$360. Don't try and cheat PYMPS you tightarse ;)