Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Sintiger said:
He is a better ruckman than Angus imo but he was average around the ground. He is not good below his knees and telegraphs the handpass too much , doesn't want to kick it . Cost us a goal at a crucial time.
Massive heart .
Both are just warming the seat until TV is ready to take over as number 1 ruckman .

but he did put himself in some very good position importantly in defence

I'm not sure TV will be No 1 ruckman. Seems to me to be a forward & 2nd ruck, and whilst he is kicking 2-3 goals a game in tandem with Jack, i think thats a good structure. Also having 2 tall forwards helps the little blokes, so let Big Red & Angus fight for the No 1 ruck spot. Browne did very well last night, but Angus is also harshly marked on here (although his ruckwork was poor last week). Just a nice change for these two to be fighting for spots.

Robbo1 said:
I'm not sure TV will be No 1 ruckman. Seems to me to be a forward & 2nd ruck, and whilst he is kicking 2-3 goals a game in tandem with Jack, i think thats a good structure. Also having 2 tall forwards helps the little blokes, so let Big Red & Angus fight for the No 1 ruck spot. Browne did very well last night, but Angus is also harshly marked on here (although his ruckwork was poor last week). Just a nice change for these two to be fighting for spots.
TV's forward work is great for us now but i am expecting Grffiths to take that spot in the longer term. TV to me will be a ruckman who will be very dangerous when going forward .
LidsBling&Cotch said:
but he did put himself in some very good position importantly in defence
he did but my heart was in my mouth whem he got the ball .
Don't want to criticise him too much because as I said he played with great heart and rucked quite well .

no doubt that massive shiner would have affected his vision and decision making but yeah i hear ya. overall very impressive and i didn't see anything like it coming

great effort continues an excellent year for the big ranga.

How good is it to have a ruckman that goes hard at the ball & contest everytime.

Is still only 20 years of age. Huge amount for Lade to work with.

Surprised me last night, I was expecting a bit of a flogging in the ruck.
As previously mentioned its good to have two ruckmen fighting to get in the side, can only bring out the best for the players and the team. Post did well with his short stints in the middle as well, has a good leap.

Sintiger said:
He is a better ruckman than Angus imo but he was average around the ground. He is not good below his knees and telegraphs the handpass too much , doesn't want to kick it . Cost us a goal at a crucial time.
Massive heart .
Both are just warming the seat until TV is ready to take over as number 1 ruckman .
Must admit that I see Vickery primarily as a forward rather than a long-term No 1 ruckman.

I can't believe the lack of positivity for the Big Ranga on here! Disappointing.

Go Tige's.

Very impressive ruck work and game against a good rucking division! Well done big fella

Tenacious said:
Must admit that I see Vickery primarily as a forward rather than a long-term No 1 ruckman.
The forward time is just part of his development . He has done very well when he has spent time in the ruck this year .

I would go further . He must be developed as a ruckman . He has the skill set to be a high class ruckman / resting forward . We haven't had a dominant big man for years . TV could be it .

The game he played was almost identical to his Coburg form.

He gets involved in packs and seems to get a lot of the ball around the ground. The main difference was that at Coburg he was taking a lot of contested marks.

At Coburg, he also has this propensity to give a six inch handball, after a mark or free kick, selling the receiver into all sorts of trouble. He is right to try and give it off, but must learn to make smarter choices. If he can get this right, he could become a very valuable player.

K3 said:
I can't believe the lack of positivity for the Big Ranga on here! Disappointing.

From his coach..

"He was outstanding," Hardwick said. "The one thing about Browny is he will give 100 per cent. You won't die wondering. I thought his game was terrific."

Tigers of Old said:
From his coach..

"He was outstanding," Hardwick said. "The one thing about Browny is he will give 100 per cent. You won't die wondering. I thought his game was terrific."
Yep agree with Dimmas assesment. His second efforts were Ben Hudson like. Cant ask for anymore.

I though we had a real contest in the ruck for the first time this year. I know we lost the clearance count comfortably but I think that was much less about the ruck. Most of stoppages were arm wrestles rather than the opposition streaming out of there. Post did very well as a relief ruckman, and I thought his game was the best he has played in one main aspect - his intent. He looked capable of taking a lot of marks and attacked the ball well. I honestly we would have won last week if our ruck division had played this well last week.

browne was good. gave a contest at the bounce and got a few possesions around the ground.
should kick when he has the chance and he made a few mistakes but he showed more than graham.
first game for the year keep going andrew !