Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Gee por bloke is going to get slaughtered by Essendon's strong ruck division. I rate all their rucks for varying reasons its a hard first up gig for this season.

I reckon the RFC should ask the AFL for special consideration because we have Gus as our number 1 ruckman to have a spare on the bench just in case Gus starts to perform like he did last week we can replace him with Browne - outside of the sub rule because we would not want to waste our impact player.

Tigers2011 said:
From what I saw of Graham last week, Browne can't be worse. With Post in now for Miller, we also have three ruck options within the 22 depending on what happens.

Tuck can pinch hit in the ruck and forward as well. Hardwick may well have that in mind.

Azza said:
Tuck can pinch hit in the ruck and forward as well. Hardwick may well have that in mind.

With Vickery & Post in the side doubt you will see Tuck in too many ruck contests. May see him in the forward line at some stage.

Hope Andrew Browne does well.

I wish him all the best and continued improvement.

frawleyudud said:
Really wish the kid well and hope he proves me wrong but it will be a short stay i believe. The kid is slower than Graham if that is possible. Hopefully the big X is ready after the bye at the latest. Don't care what his Coburg form is like.

that may be, however, he does takes more marks and may be a better ruck option.

Worth making the change you need to reward VFL form. Gus was not doing enough to earn selection every week.

Tigers2011 said:
From what I saw of Graham last week, Browne can't be worse. With Post in now for Miller, we also have three ruck options within the 22 depending on what happens.

Ditto, definitely cant be worse. I can't stand ruckman who dont even look at the ball at centre bounces.

Brilliant game Browney. You showed great courage, throwing yourself into contests and ran yourself into the ground. Lovely second efforts once the ball went to ground. :clap

Well done Big Ranga. Played way better than I was expecting. Made a difference out there tonight.

Warrior effort. Few errors to iron out of his game but no questioning his desire or his ruckwork. Well done Big Ranga!!

BrisTiger24 said:
Warrior effort. Few errors to iron out of his game but no questioning his desire or his ruckwork. Well done Big Ranga!!

Agreed.

Was great tonight thought he was left in the middle too long but he buttered up to the contest time and time again. Went low and hard near the end should've got a free, a huge effort.

Fantastic effort by the big rednut and wasn't it good to see our mids get some easy tap work ball out of the middle instead of the no chance crap from Graham. I'm rapt!

Watching him tonight, one thing kept coming through loud and clear - here was a man intent on seizing control of his own destiny.

It's been a while since I've seen a guy grab opportunity by the throat the way the big ranga did tonight.

I want him playing the next five games.... and I'm a Gus fan

BrisTiger24 said:

He was bloody terrific, worked himself to exhaustion and still tried to contest.