Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Had a very good game. Hopefully the confidence will come to kick it if there is no-one to hand off to.

Great game tonight. A few weeks ago, I took my daughter to Cotchins Cubs Clinic. Managed to have a chat with big Andrew as he was signing my little one's top. I said that I'd love to see him in the firsts. His reply, so would I, so would I. I reckon he knows that now is the time to put his best effort in. Tonight, his first game for the year, he did just that. And he'll do it every week, given the chance. Good work son, good work.

He will be good player this kid. His highlights from junior showed as much and dont forget he was a juniors captain. That coupled with his massive size (203cm) makes him a potential mini sandilands

I thought he was really competitive tonight. Offers so much more than Graham, particularly at the centre bounce. A couple of shocking errors (what was he thinking with that handball in the middle in the last quarter; swung momentum against us for a while) but will be much better for the experience.

Just play him the rest of the year Dimma.

when he won the 1st tap and we had the 1st 5 clearances the big ranga proved he was up and about. a great game and a big reason why we won

Ridley said:
I thought he was really competitive tonight. Offers so much more than Graham, particularly at the centre bounce. A couple of shocking errors (what was he thinking with that handball in the middle in the last quarter; swung momentum against us for a while) but will be much better for the experience.

Just play him the rest of the year Dimma.

Agree. A smarter footballer then Gus.

Imagine him with another 50 games and three preseasons.

He was our player I was most impressed with tonight... I have barely seen any of him, and to be honest had no idea what to expect of him...
But he didn't shy away from a single competition.. Ran himself into the ground by the end but kept going...
THREW himself into the ball at ground level like you'd expect of a league midfielder a couple of times throughout the night.. Fought on with a massive egg under his eye.... He was a big part of us winning in the midfield...

Very great effort and i'm well impressed so far..

Was a terrific contested mark on the wing too! Needs to be told he doesn't always have to handball! Ran to space well and was a good linkman through the middle with some of his handballs.

Tigertool said:
Looks as though Browne will spell the end of Graham.

I resent the knock on Angus: always takes marks and is good for a goal or two, and an assist.

Browne won't even kick it and has brain snaps. D'you catch his 12 point giveaway with that handball straight to an Essendon player?

He's good at the taps but he's got to use his kicking. Has a future for sure.
Vickery was fantastic.

Ranga!!!

Great game tonight. Stood his ground in the ruck, helped the defence, did some nice ground level stuff. Cant ask for much more, had a few errors at the end but he was stuffed. Nice to have a competitive Ruckman for a change.

- tap work is better than Gus's
- put his body on the line when required
- has similar shortcomings to Gus when the ball hits the ground

Not sold on him yet, but did everything you could ask of a five-game ruckman in the circumstances.

Jukes Extended said:
Reminds me of a mini-Sandilands.
Reminds a me of a big, unco, monga - I like him anyway. Doesn't get slaugthered in the middle and that's a good start.

LeighW said:
The big man played a great first game for the year. Still needs to do a bit to get to the level, mentally he needs to be reminded that he does belong out there and not to look for an easy dish off every time.

You made a huge point there. I hope Dimma gives him x number of games guaranteed and tells him so he can relax when the ball goes near him. He seemed to be so scared to stuff it up that he passed it on quickly, often to a player under pressure, instead of backing himself to kick it himself. It's a confidence thing.

Also, we watched him and Tucky come off with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and laughed at how utterly spent they both were. The fact that he was still out there and being competitive right to the end was very impressive. Perhaps some of his clangers around the ground in the second half could have alot to do with a dimished capacity to make fast decisions.

He is a better ruckman than Angus imo but he was average around the ground. He is not good below his knees and telegraphs the handpass too much , doesn't want to kick it . Cost us a goal at a crucial time.
Massive heart .
Both are just warming the seat until TV is ready to take over as number 1 ruckman .