Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Just out of interest, how much say do we have at Coburg in regard to who plays and where?

In SA, there is a debate weekly about how Crows and Maggot should field their own reserves teams due to the lack of control they have at their sanfl clubs.

Spoke to someone who is involved in the development team at Coburg. He said that Browne was playing in the side only so that he could get almost 100% game time in the ruck. He also said Browne had a tooth bent back, had a concussion and at the end of the game was shaking uncontrollably. Browne dominated and was signalled out for high praise by the coaches.

Knighta said:
Spoke to someone who is involved in the development team at Coburg. He said that Browne was playing in the side only so that he could get almost 100% game time in the ruck. He also said Browne had a tooth bent back, had a concussion and at the end of the game was shaking uncontrollably. Browne dominated and was signalled out for high praise by the coaches.

Geez. Doesnt sound nice. Glad to see he put in a typical lion hearted effort. I like the kid.

Leysy Days said:
Have to ask the question, considering the age difference why are we playing Gus ahead of Browne at Coburg.

Big Andrew should be shouldering the No 1 ruck duties for Coburg to aid his deveopment. Playing 2nd fiddle resting forward isn't going to help him.
Just incase there is any chance of increasing his trade value would be my guess Leysy.

Knighta said:

Correct.
Andrew Browne
Played in the development team last weekend, not because he was out of form, but we wanted him to play a full game in the ruck. Dominated, collecting 23 possessions and amassing an amazing 97 hit-outs, which must be some sort of record. His work rate and effort was outstanding and he was able to get the workout we were after for him.

Barnzy said:

Well that's surely good for Richmond.

I know Ivan is killing em atm but we do need depth in that department and it seems Browne is giving it all he's got.
Good on him.

Browne played dreamtime last year didn't he and we won that game?

P.S. no I don't want browne in dreamtime game before everyone stalks my post hehehe.Ivan is number 1 unless he gets injured or has a massive form slump.

smasha said:
Well that's surely good for Richmond.

I know Ivan is killing em atm but we do need depth in that department and it seems Browne is giving it all he's got.
Good on him.

Browne played dreamtime last year didn't he and we won that game?

P.S. no I don't want browne in dreamtime game before everyone stalks my post hehehe.Ivan is number 1 unless he gets injured or has a massive form slump.

Maric in a form slump is still twice as good as Browne or Gus.

I wouldn't be writing Andrew off yet. He showed he has real potential in his first (?) game for us against the Saints at Shepparton. Did quite well against their 2 experienced ruckmen at the time. Fingers crossed he'll have a long and successful career as a Tiger.

Tigers of Old said:
I sense the club has longer term plans for the Jaffa. Think we'll trade in the GusBus though.

The Gus Bus's 60+ plus hit outs on the weekend puts him past the Cam Wood category of Ruck trades. We should demand a Top 10 pick or forget trading him.

Tigers of Old said:
I sense the club has longer term plans for the Jaffa. Think we'll trade in the GusBus though.

Reckon you'll find no-one will trade for him & he'll be delisted.

Unless a legitimate quality ruck the value of rucks that can't play other positions around the ground will fall.

Especially of Gus' ability.

97 hit outs, eh. That's extraordinary.

You don't even see sh!te like that in the U/12s

Leysy Days said:
Reckon you'll find no-one will trade for him & he'll be delisted.

Unless a legitimate quality ruck the value of rucks that can't play other positions around the ground will fall.

Especially of Gus' ability.

Isn't he contracted for next year? There's a lot of clubs out there now. Won't get much but he'll be moved on.

Out this year leysy believes.

Which clubs have a worse ruckman than Gus Tooheys?

Also need to consider Warnock, West, Minson & Jamar are all out of contract with the latter two available as unrestricted free-agents.

Who would you chase if up for a ruck?

ILO the best we can hope for is a Morton type trade where we give him free to a good home. Doubt he would even have that currency.

Leysy Days said:

Ok, I thought he was controversially re-signed for two at the end of last season. Hope I'm wrong.

Leysy Days said:

Starting rucks none but there's a few without a lot of depth. Still you won't get me defending him.

Leysy Days said:

I'd definitely be looking for a ruckman who can go forward but I hope we already have one in TV who should be better after another season..
Personally wouldn't be spending big in that area and think we need a key forward more pressingly.

Leysy Days said:

Also need to consider Warnock, West, Minson & Jamar are all out of contract with the latter two available as unrestricted free-agents.

ILO the best we can hope for is a Morton type trade where we give him free to a good home. Doubt he would even have that currency.

I reckon Gus answered your question with his form last year.

Worst ruck man in the league by a fair way.

Its a mistake playing Gus ahead of Browne at Coburg BTW. Angus wants to play in the ruck Josh Fraser style. Bruise free. While Big Browney looks like he enjoys the contest, a must for any ruck man.
So while Gus might be ahead of Browne at the moment he won't be for long.

Agreed Josey.

Think Browne needs to be given the No 1 ruck role at Coburg for the majority.

Tigers of Old said:
Ok, I thought he was controversially re-signed for two at the end of last season. Hope I'm wrong.

Starting rucks none but there's a few without a lot of depth. Still you won't get me defending him.

I'd definitely be looking for a ruckman who can go forward but I hope we already have one in TV who should be better after another season..
Personally wouldn't be spending big in that area and think we need a key forward more pressingly.

Pretty sure it was 2 years the season before last, leaving this as his final year. Although still controversial at the time, he certainly was showing some half decent form and if he continued improving was looking at making a servicable ruckman. Unfortanately he went backwards last year. I doubt they would be signing him to an extension at the same time they were courting Ivan.