Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Tigers of Old said:
Stick with Browne.
Old school ruckman but has time yet and is a smart footballer. Has time yet.
Graham is trade bait.

The guy is too slow, if it was 1976, you might have a point
Graham trade bait???? With who sturt?
Come on, After almost 4 years his running around for Coburg 2nds and you want him stay,
Get rid off him, we haven't hit the luxury of keeping players like him & Moore on the list

zippadeee said:
The guy is too slow, if it was 1976, you might have a point
Graham trade bait???? With who sturt?
Come on, After almost 4 years his running around for Coburg 2nds and you want him stay,
Get rid off him, we haven't hit the luxury of keeping players like him & Moore on the list
I'm with you Zip. We'd be better of getting rid of him and picking up a young ruckman, they would be playing at the same level. Even one running around at VFL/WAFL level.

checkside said:
I'm with you Zip. We'd be better of getting rid of him and picking up a young ruckman, they would be playing at the same level. Even one running around at VFL/WAFL level.

Even replacing him with a cardboard cut out would be the same!
Just delist him,
He gets 495 hits out against the under 16's werrbee side and everyone wants him back!
Bring back Adam slater

checkside said:

Sounds like a good plan. Delist a young ruck with few years development whos been pretty dominant in the VFL (although seems started slowly this year) just to pick up another young ruck. How long before we turf him too?

I see Tom Bellchambers is having a starring performance for Essendon today. Same guy that Browne has tore up in the VFL a couple of times they've met.

Barnzy said:
Sounds like a good plan. Delist a young ruck with few years development whos been pretty dominant in the VFL (although seems started slowly this year) just to pick up another young ruck. How long before we turf him too?

I see Tom Bellchambers is having a starring performance for Essendon today. Same guy that Browne has tore up in the VFL a couple of times they've met.

Good point! Trade him to Essendon

Barnzy said:

Yeah, how dare we turn over players who don't look like making it v :-X It would almost seem like we are an AFL club if we did that....

checkside said:
Yeah, how dare we turn over players who don't look like making it v :-X It would almost seem like we are an AFL club if we did that....

We can start with players 6 or 7 years under their belt that are still underperforming.

Silly talk of retaining Browne. We've seen what he can do, enough now. Move on.

Barnzy said:
We can start with players 6 or 7 years under their belt that are still underperforming.
Yep. And end with the guys who have been around for 3 years and look no closer to making it.

checkside said:
Yep. And end with the guys who have been around for 3 years and look no closer to making it.

Well, step on down Tom Derickx then. He's talked up a bit but has shown nothing close to what Browne has in the VFL. Browne was also picked up as an 18 year old, Derickx mature ager out of the WAFL.

checkside said:

Why don't you think he'll make it checkers? Too slow?
Personally I'd persevere for another year but maybe move him to the rookie list.
As we know the big guys take time.

would definitely keep browne, they only played him in coburg two's so that he could get a full game in the ruck which is hard to do with gus and Xman

I would keep Browne ahead of the gus bus....in a heartbeat. He is only 21. I've been told by many that big blokes take time to mature - therefore..........Bellchambers is highly rated & is Brownies bunny.......

Barnzy said:
Well, step on down Tom Derickx then. He's talked up a bit but has shown nothing close to what Browne has in the VFL. Browne was also picked up as an 18 year old, Derickx mature ager out of the WAFL.
Yep he is average IMO. I'd get rid of Derickx before Browne to be honest.

Tigers of Old said:
Why don't you think he'll make it checkers? Too slow?
Personally I'd persevere for another year but maybe move him to the rookie list.
As we know the big guys take time.
They certainly do take time that I would agree with. Not to sure what I don't like about Browne to be honest, just don't think he has it. To slow, average on the ground, not a great mark, hasn't got great endurance. I just don't think there is enough to work with. But you are right, they do take time and I wouldn't be to dissapointed if we did rookie him. I'd have a ruckman on the rookie list every year.