Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

We need to bring Gus in, as much as the hurts me to say.

MB78 said:
We need to bring Gus in, as much as the hurts me to say.
Agreed.
Browne is having no influence at all in the ruck.
Our problems start there each week with him in the side.
He is no value around the ground or near goal.
Angus would be better value at this stage.

bringbakflemmo said:
Agreed.
Browne is having no influence at all in the ruck.
Our problems start there each week with him in the side.
He is no value around the ground or near goal.
Angus would be better value at this stage.

Thats is spot on. He is def no value around the ground....does *smile* all after the ruck contest

......i dunno who is worse Browne or patterson. Patterson didnt do much at st kilda who we also pass on duds on to.

Forget Doofus and Slowpoke Rodriguez, rotate Post & Vickery in the ruck for the rest of the year and go shopping in the off-season.

Tigers of Old said:
Spend the money Tigers.

This is a very unusual situation for all the Richmond faithful to cope with, over the last 25-30 years we have always had a Ruckman of some quality. From some very good (Lee, stafford, Ottens, Charles) to some ok ruckman (Honeybun, Cloke, Dear, Simmonds) even when we were really struggling we always had a ruckman of some quality running around.
But this season is the 1st ive ever seen us play games without any ruckman of any quality.
Every time we change coach, something happens that vibrates through the club for years.
If Frawleys was still there in 2005 and he was in control. would've he pick all midfiielders, would've tried to keep Ottens?
and then when Hardwick gets the job, Mumford wants out from Geelong, so he goes to Sydney for 4 years at $400 per year, looking back thats a bargain.

zippadeee said:
This is a very unusual situation for all the Richmond faithful to cope with, over the last 25-30 years we have always had a Ruckman of some quality. From some very good (Lee, stafford, Ottens, Charles) to some ok ruckman (Honeybun, Cloke, Dear, Simmonds) even when we were really struggling we always had a ruckman of some quality running around.
But this season is the 1st ive ever seen us play games without any ruckman of any quality.
Every time we change coach, something happens that vibrates through the club for years.
If Frawleys was still there in 2005 and he was in control. would've he pick all midfiielders, would've tried to keep Ottens?
and then when Hardwick gets the job, Mumford wants out from Geelong, so he goes to Sydney for 4 years at $400 per year, looking back thats a bargain.

Our rucking stocks are certainly running on empty. I can't think of a ruckman we've developed since Otto. While Browne is lumbering, it's way too early to call him out - he still needs another couple of years - even Sandilands was once called lumbering and considered a project too long in the making. Griffin would have been the perfect stopgap/opportunity, but i hear he wouldn't go anywhere except west.

Even on Mummy Zips, Swans also took Seaby for insurance as Mummy was no certainty - he's only had one decent season playing in Geelong's senior team, with a midfield that could make Angus Graham look like the next John Nicholls. It was a gutsy call by Swans, but looks like paying off.

Phar Ace said:
Our rucking stocks are certainly running on empty. I can't think of a ruckman we've developed since Otto. While Browne is lumbering, it's way too early to call him out - he still needs another couple of years - even Sandilands was once called lumbering and considered a project too long in the making. Griffin would have been the perfect stopgap/opportunity, but i hear he wouldn't go anywhere except west.

Even on Mummy Zips, Swans also took Seaby for insurance as Mummy was no certainty - he's only had one decent season playing in Geelong's senior team, with a midfield that could make Angus Graham look like the next John Nicholls. It was a gutsy call by Swans, but looks like paying off.

totally agree with you, but you said it the Swans still took the chance on him, they weren't going to run around the SCG without a ruckman where they?
They lost Jolly, so straight away they attack, not only 1 ruckman but 2 they pick up.
We know Simmonds isnt going to stay for too long, so what do we do we put all our eggs in one basket and put our ruck stocks on Graham who at the time were saying, at best he is a back up type not your 1st choice.
Thats the difference in chasing and recruiting for the future. They knew at the start of the 2010 season McIntosh was up for trade and they didnt even consider him.
we have too many players in the same body type 180-190cm-75-85kg and thats also is a concern

Yeah Graeme has to come back in, and Browne needs to be labelled as long term Coburg ruck project material.

Warnock got his career high stats for hit outs yesterday. maybe we should look this year at what other rucks have managed career best stats against us this year

DirtyDogTiger said:
Yeah Graeme has to come back in, and Browne needs to be labelled as long term Coburg ruck project material.

Swapping Graham for Browne is just shuffling the deckhairs. Won't make any difference.

Both are not up to it.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Swapping Graham for Browne is just shuffling the deckhairs. Won't make any difference.

Both are not up to it.
Agreed, we may as well go in 1 ruck short play Tuck as the ruck/midfilder!