Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

When was the last time we had a ruckman who could take an overhead mark? We need a good ruckman badly

He is a goer and I love his effort. That cannot be questioned. But he has nothing else. He gets a spot on the list because lets face it, we have no good ruckman on the list.

umm, I thought Browne was OK.....he competed (pretty well most of the times) almost singlehandedly.

What I learnt from yesterday is he can kick! And he is very good below his knees for big bloke.

Only needs to show steady improvement and I think he's been able to do that.....happy to continue with him (over Angus) at this stage.

Better option than Gus but definitely no star

At 203cms & 20 yrs old still has a bit of time on his side

I hope we try to trade Gus to GWS at the end of the year, trade for a ready made (maybe Hampson, Seaby, Maric etc.) depending on how much they cost

tigerjoe12 said:
Better option than Gus but definitely no star

At 203cms & 20 yrs old still has a bit of time on his side

I hope we try to trade Gus to GWS at the end of the year, trade for a ready made (maybe Hampson, Seaby, Maric etc.) depending on how much they cost

Cox wasn;t a star at 20. Jamar and Jolly definitely weren't stars at 20 (I can recall thinking they were both duds). I think Ranga is performing above all of those guys and is getting valuable experience. The only thing he is currently lacking is the clunking pack mark or punch from behind.. If he can get that into his game he will be just fine.

Both he an Graham get their hands to the hit outs enough but we don't seem to be getting the clearances. Something isn't right.

Lade needs a rocket up him.

Trier who is a limited footballer . Gives a decent contest in the ruck but lacks the mobility and skills to have any major influence around the ground and his opponents run off him far too easily . Same as Graham , they are stop gaps only .

Because Griffiths is not in the team and Jack is so out of form we are relying very heavily on Vickery as a forward . This means he is getting limited ruck time and that is placing even more pressure on Browne . He is just not good enough to handle that no matter how hard he puts in.

evo said:
tell Lade!
I think blaming Lade is missing the major point . He can only work with the cattle he is given .

To me we only have one player on the list who could become a top line ruckman and that's Tyrone Vickery and we are playing him forward . Graham and Browne are probably playing to the level of their capabilities right now .

they were the same rucks we had last year when we were one of the clearance leaders.

Something's changed.

Sintiger said:
Trier who is a limited footballer . Gives a decent contest in the ruck but lacks the mobility and skills to have any major influence around the ground and his opponents run off him far too easily . Same as Graham , they are stop gaps only .

Not sure how you can make that assessment about Browne as a 20 year old. On that basis you would have written off Cox, Jolly, Jamar etc at a similar age. The only player that has shown something at such a young age as a ruckman is probably Kreuzer.

I'd like to see Gus given another run of 4 to 5 matches before the season is over. He's produced better games than Browne has.

how abnout ben cousins? not so much in winning clearances himself but in using his experience to ensure our midfielders are structured up properly
at stoppages etc...