Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

He will feel more apart of the footy landscape as he gets games under his belt. No doubt the ex port ruck will give him good tips going forward in his career. If he can start taking contested grabs around the ground, then :fing32

There's a couple of big boys at Melbourne called Gawn and Martin waiting for Browney

shouldn't be a problem: we just beat a team with Leubenberger and Clarke (for a while).

For his age and games experience he's doing quite well. He should definitely keep his spot for a few more games but not sure if he's ahead of Graham by that much so he'll need to keep improving. He really lacks composure when he has the ball but it's great to see his competitiveness and hard work.

Jukes Extended said:
His hand balling decisions are horrible

Telegraphs them. Everyone at the ground knows he will handball after taking a mark or getting a free.

Still an absolute baby in ruck terms & could go either way but there is plenty for Lade to work with.

Unlike his predecessor he has a large set of coconuts needed in a role where big ones are needed.

Just needs to continue building his fitness & strength. He has already come from a mile back but they are the two things that are holding his performances back.

Can remember just a couple of years ago when he first started he was massively overweight & couldnt jog a lap without beiung stuffed so he has the work ethic for it.

Unlike his predecessor he has a large set of coconuts needed in a role where big ones are needed.

He did until J Brown elbowed him!

Leysy Days said:
Still an absolute baby in ruck terms & could go either way but there is plenty for Lade to work with.

Just needs to continue building his fitness & strength. He has already come from a mile back but they are the two things that are holding his performances back.

Can remember just a couple of years ago when he first started he was massively overweight & couldnt jog a lap without beiung stuffed so he has the work ethic for it.

He still has a long way to go IMO.

Love his attitude & his willingness to run himself into the ground. Yes - for mine though his handball is a massive weakness. He does the old dinosaur thing of turning away from the play every time he takes a mark or gets a free to handball to someone running by. He also often handballs low... below knee height & that needs to be fixed. Very easy to cause a turnover when a player slows to stoop to take possession & then gets nailed straightening up. Not a hard fix by any means. Just needs to be more definite with his handball. Certainly he is performing well at Coburg level when not in the ones - which is what you expect by now.

Not sure if he will be the answer....but i did enjoy his over the back tap to Martin late in the 3rd - that led to a Martin goal ...and the two pointing to eachother in recognition afterwards. Havent seen a tap to advantage from one of our rucks like that in a while...

tha8ball said:
Not sure if he will be the answer....but i did enjoy his over the back tap to Martin late in the 3rd - that led to a Martin goal ...and the two pointing to eachother in recognition afterwards. Havent seen a tap to advantage from one of our rucks like that in a while...

It has been a while. Last one I remember was Robert Schaeffer palming one down Wayne Hernaman's throat at Princess Park in 1993....Wayne didn't even break stride.

Has come a fair way after 4 games this year. Will be interesting to see where he's at season's end.

I like what I've seen of him off-field. Quiet and mature sort of bloke.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
It has been a while. Last one I remember was Robert Schaeffer palming one down Wayne Hernaman's throat at Princess Park in 1993....Wayne didn't even break stride.

ahhh, schaeffer to hernaman. has there been a better ruck/rover combination?

Without Browne's lion hearted efforts, Vickery would have been unable to strut his stuff in the forward line.
Top marks Andrew!!

Browne is a big-hearted unit who plays with gusto. Not without some of the skills of the game either. If he can continue to build his tank and his strength we could have a long termer here. A smart footballer who competes as if his life depended on it.

Another poor game. He spent half of it sprawled on the ground. If it was Gus that was putting on these shows he would be crucified. I'm hopeful one of them will come good but Gus's best has been much better than Browne's. Browne offers no aerial support, at least Gus has been a target for the kick-outs.

Both Browne and Gus have no leap which doesn't help them in the centre square.

He is certainly a long-term project.

he's had his 4-5 weeks. time to swing back to graham. don't think either is the answer though.