Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

To Gus's defence, he's played 8 games of Senior AFL Ruck with about 80 to 90% game time. There's a reason he's been looking stuffed recently.

Baloo said:
To Gus's defence, he's played 8 games of Senior AFL Ruck with about 80 to 90% game time. There's a reason he's been looking stuffed recently.
Spot on. Gus was looking knackered because he was and the rest would have been just what he needed, I also hope The Big Ranga head to Darwin as well. Then we have the bye and can see how all players are faring... and don't we need that week off!

Thought the kid did a good job, no way could you question his desire or intent, but lets not get carried away here, neither one of these blokes being compared in here are the next Mark Lee and I'd be more than happy to see us go after a good, athletic big man either in the draft or one out of contract with some AFL experience, who can switch up at CHF with Vickery when needed.

Baloo said:

K3 said:
Spot on. Gus was looking knackered because he was and the rest would have been just what he needed, I also hope The Big Ranga head to Darwin as well. Then we have the bye and can see how all players are faring... and don't we need that week off!

Can you explain why he played at Coburg in the weekend?

He is either not in need of a rest or the club is mis-managing him in your eyes..

Scribblar said:
I know he goes hard, but he's slow of body and mind. Papers stamped.

where you at the g to watch the game?

he's only played 5 games he's got alot to work on but gee he's a goer will never die wondering and for who he was up against he did a brillant job

think you need to take a step back and look at what he did for a 5 gamer he's second efforts not afraid to go to ground and when he does he does it well
the fact that he got a shiner that just got bigger as the game went on and he still played and went in hard impressed me yeah he did some mistakes but thats to be expected the thing is if he learns from it and after everyone going on about gus and also knowing that ruckmen take longer to devolop he did the job he was asked to do its just absurd to say he's papers are stamped

Browne played a good game. Provided a contest, put his body in where required, and provided a presence around the ground.

Highlight for mine is that we are finally starting to build some depth in the ruck department and the spot is up for grabs.

I cannot remember Browne falling over once while contesting the ruck so in my eye's he's way ahead of Graham.

Did very well considering who he was up against and it was only his 5th senior game too....

Not quick though and struggled with handballing in the latter part of the game but he was totally spent.

Must be the coaches order for the ruckman to handball off when in possession - he only had one kick in the game from memory but he showed more than enough to be given another game and from reports Gus didn't play too well at Coburg.

Last week first bounce of the game and Gus looks at Hudson not the ball. Bulldog clearance.
This week first bounce Browney ignores the other guy, eyes on the ball. Tiger clearance.

2c.

Browne did okay, nothing spectacular.
I'd love to see Browne bulk up and work on his kicking game. Became too predictable.
There was one contest that Browne really impressed me with, there was a marking contest in last quarter in which I think Ryder looked almost certain to take a pack mark and Brown came in from the side and fisted the ball over the boundary.

Some people are being alittle harsh on the poor kid. Give him time Im sure he'll develop well.

Thought Post did okay for the small time he spent in the ruck.

Anyone have an update on Derrickx? From what I saw in the preseason he really impressed.

Leysy Days said:
Can you explain why he played at Coburg in the weekend?

He is either not in need of a rest or the club is mis-managing him in your eyes..

You mistake me for someone who thinks they know as much as the coaches, if not more than them.

I have no idea why he played, or even why he shouldn't have. I just pointed out the the poor bastard had played a lot of time as the #1 ruck all alone.

I'll leave it to the experts on the forum to disect the decision making of the coaching department.

Baloo said:
You mistake me for someone who thinks they know as much as the coaches, if not more than them.

I have no idea why he played, or even why he shouldn't have. I just pointed out the the poor bastard had played a lot of time as the #1 ruck all alone.

I'll leave it to the experts on the forum to disect the decision making of the coaching department.

i think its more about rotation and getting more games to the less experinced sums up this year so far rolling the dice instead shooting a fully loaded gun

Well done Browne! For a 5 gamer in front of a very large crowd I thought he put in a solid performance. Some good tap outs, he worked hard and nursed that shiner for most of what would have been an exhausting pace game for a big guy. I bet he had one helluva headache yesterday though...my eyes watered every time the camera homed in on his mouse.

As much as I was impressed with Browne 'jumping' at centre bounces compared to Gus 'standing still', we lost the clearances 50 to 28 and if this happens every week we will suffer more losses then wins.

Post was an excellent choice to combat Ryder's leap at centre bounces, although we still struggled to get clean and effective clearances at ruck duels.

What is most impressive is that we have competition for places and nobody is being 'gifted' a game. A long time since this happened. :clap

Suspect with Browne's cheek bone injury Gus will be back next week anyway ...

Baloo said:

You said he's looked stuffed. If that was true he wouldn't have played for Coburg on the weekend surely...

Baloo said:

What a fantastically rivetting forum it would be if everyone just blindly agreed with everything the coaching staff/football dept did.

Leysy Days said:
You said he's looked stuffed. If that was true he wouldn't have played for Coburg on the weekend surely...

be interesting to know whether graham rucked 80%+ of the game for coburg like his had been in the AFL.
i would have thought it was reasonably common for guys who are tired to go back to vfl where the intensity is a lot lower, and guys can be rested more, but yet they can still play and work on their game.

Leppa said its been 50/50 all year who to play , I reckon its 100/0 now in Brownes favour, seems to model his ground work on Sandilands an just use his massive frame to open paths, like the lad.......If Derickx can show a bit id be puttin Gus on the trade table come seasons end and if no trade simply delist, rookie anyone over 200cm to replace >:D

Get on him!!!!

He's the best workhorse since:

IMG_1698_%5BDVD_(NTSC)%5D.JPG