Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Browne was sensational.

Won tapouts time and time again and his defensive work ,going into packs to hold up the ball on the ground was terrific too.

We might have ourselves a ruckman Tiger faithful!

You could tell the big guy was giving his all by his look of exhaustion in the final quarter. At this stage I prefer him to Graham. Hope he gets more game time.

Cant remember if it was Jack or Newy on either footy shows this morning, but 1 said that Browne had a chat with the midfield group and said "im no superstar but I promise to give you guys everything I have in me" along those lines anyway. He already gave a better contest than Gus has in games this year, I expect Browne to really cement the #1 ruck spot now. I was told by someone very close to the club last year that they have big plans for Browne but his development and confidence was really hit hard after the Round 1 disaster against the blues in 09. Seems to be back on track and is still quite young.

Well done Andrew :clap :clap

Tiger_4_Life said:
Cant remember if it was Jack or Newy on either footy shows this morning, but 1 said that Browne had a chat with the midfield group and said "im no superstar but I promise to give you guys everything I have in me" along those lines anyway.

he's honest

Don't think I will forget Andrew's game last night for a long, long time.

Well done the Big Red Tiger and well done Dimma for the way he worked the Ruck rotations. Vickery leaving Bellchambers for dead in the last quarter to kick the sealer is a big pat on the back to a smart coach.

notorious219 said:
You could tell the big guy was giving his all by his look of exhaustion in the final quarter. At this stage I prefer him to Graham. Hope he gets more game time.

I glad we finally get depth into this side, here are the days where you must put in to get a game. Positive pressure is great.

yeah great game from Browne. Competed well, got some good tapouts (something we're not accustomed to), and his 2nd and 3rd efforts were great. you can't ask for more than a guy that gives 110%

just goes to show that a guy performing well at Coburg deserves a go and will perform at the top level. hope we do the same with Webberley.

only concern was he was predictable with handballing which he needs to work on (for a while there i thought it was Bob Heard out there and was waiting for Barry Rowlings to come past looking for the handball :hihi )

once again well done big fella :clap keep up the good work and effort

For his 1st game this season and 6th overall it was an amazing game by Browne. Lots to learn but hey the signs are good.

Gutsy and solid performance from Big Brownie - top effort to shoulder the ruck for most of the night and your efforts around the ground were also great. Only problem was the umpires didn't like you too much - didn't see the stats but don't remember you getting a free kick once only that they were quick to penalise you.. Hope you can keep it up big fella.

richo said:
Gutsy and solid performance from Big Brownie - top effort to shoulder the ruck for most of the night and your efforts around the ground were also great. Only problem was the umpires didn't like you too much - didn't see the stats but don't remember you getting a free kick once only that they were quick to penalise you.. Hope you can keep it up big fella.

I thought it was Gus they didn't like, apparently they just don't like ruckmen in yellow and black

Rucked 75% of the game against 3 class players and had an absolutely positive influence on the outcome of the game. His courage in the last quarter was inspiring.
Still young, still learning and still rough around the edges. He's a developing talent as is most of the team. Great effort Andrew. Jump on the tiger express, you've earned your place.

Fair chance he wasn't able to see properly out of his left eye and that has to affect his depth perception. Might explain some of his errors.

Didnt get to see the game live - watched the replay today and gee wiz this guy played a really good game for his first hit out. His tap work and second efforts for a 6th gamer- put Graham to shame to be honest. He actually is positive with his movements in the ruck - doesnt worry to much about the other ruckman and doesnt just try to just get a hand to it - actually looks for a midfielder. Nice work Big Browney

He walked his talk very impressively

He'll be exhausted from his efforts and the step up of fitness required at this level, I hope the fitness staff manage his recovery well so he can show us it wasn't a one-off next Saturday night, the confidence to kick will come

A wonderful effort. A little clumsy but arent all big men. The good thing is he is competitive in the ruck and throws his body around. Lookign forward to see the big X in the second half of season too.

tha8ball said:
His tap work and second efforts for a 6th gamer- put Graham to shame to be honest. He actually is positive with his movements in the ruck - doesnt worry to much about the other ruckman and doesnt just try to just get a hand to it - actually looks for a midfielder.

Sixth game is a big factor.
Played one game in first round of 2009 with Foley. Rounds 17-20 in 2010.
More experience playing seniors with Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Jackson, Conca, Nahas etc can only improve our clearances in the future.

Geez I reckon if that was Graham last night there would be plenty bagging his game. Thought Browne competed OK but gave nothing more than Gus would have. Statistically we lost the ruck and the clearances so surprised at the overwhelming raving about Browne - think it's more that so many do not rate Graham one bit.

Big Cat Lover said:
Geez I reckon if that was Graham last night there would be plenty bagging his game.

Why? Sometimes you have to look past the stats and see what they actually offer. Browne competed better, was more physical in the contests and not as timid, was more reliable overhead had more intent in ruck contests. Also didn't mistime his leap or focus on the opposition ruckman as much.

On top of that has 35+ less games experience and is over 3 years younger.