Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I’m thinking the new breed coming through will develop an emotional attachment with Yze.
Well let’s hope so.
I wonder how his psychological tests measured at.
And let’s not forget that the club didn’t run the normal run of the mill coach search as per reported.
But who really knows what the rigours of the process were.
Time will tell if they have outsmarted themselves.
Otherwise it will be an arduous journey for all of us.
driving road trip GIF by American Gods
You can see it in his character he's not a wooden statue type like Longmuir or the Scott brothers. I remember reading/hearing some Snowbourne players speak highly of him earlier this year.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m thinking the new breed coming through will develop an emotional attachment with Yze.
Well let’s hope so.
I wonder how his psychological tests measured at.
And let’s not forget that the club didn’t run the normal run of the mill coach search as per reported.
But who really knows what the rigours of the process were.
Time will tell if they have outsmarted themselves.
Otherwise it will be an arduous journey for all of us.
driving road trip GIF by American Gods
I don't believe that we failed to assess the basics about AFL coaching in that process.
The additional steps that were non-standard were to make sure we found someone who would fit into our culture.
We wanted to make sure we had someone open to our "woke" environment (words used by others when recruitment started) rather than an alpha-male cave man type.

Edit: fixed some bad grammar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don't believe that we failed to assess the basics about AFL coaching in that process.
The additional steps that were non-standard were to make someone who would fit our culture.
We wanted to make sure we had someone open to our "woke" environment (words used by others when recruitment started) rather than an alpha-male cave man type.
Ah that word ‘woke’
It’s a lazy word.
But I know what you mean in the context of your post.(y)

Reactions: 1 user
2024 was always going to be a year to find out which players would develop under Yze. We had so many kids who didn't have enough experience.

The injuries, by sheer number and starting so early in the season, stopped any chance of pushing higher upmthe ladder

The injuries have in fact been a blessing. Yze has been able to get a handle on the entire list. And we have ended up with a decent draft hand.

So Yze gets a Mulligan from me and now with multiple kids coming in he has to own the side from next year. Still don't expect many wins in 2025 and most likely end up with pick # 1 again. Just need to see the side starting to deliver Yze's game plan towards the end on next year's season.

Rebuilding is a marathon we need to make sure we get it right

Reactions: 4 users
Which games? Our average losing margin was just under 50 pts.
Games where Tiges were competitive for the entire game:

R1 - Lost by 5 pts to Blues
R4 - Lost by 7 pts to Saints
R11 - Lost by 12 pts to Bummers
R18 - Lost to Giants by 24 pts (10 points behind at 3Q time)
R21 - Lost by 13 pts to Roos

Games where Tiges were competitive for at least half a game but couldn't sustain their efforts for 4 Qtrs:

R2 - Lost by 30 points to Port (7 pts behind at 3Qtr time)
R7 - Lost to Dees by 43 (1 pt behind at Half Time)
R12 - Lost by 30 pts to Cats (3pts behind at 3Qtr Time)
R14 - Lost to Hawks by 48pts (19pts behind at Half Time)
R16 - Lost to Blues by 61 pts (12 points behind at Half Time)
R19 - Lost to Port by 41 pts (10 points behind at 3Qtr time)
R22 - Lost to Saints by 48 pts (14 pts behind at Half Time)

Games where Tiges were never in the game:

R5 - Lost to Eagles by 39 pts (Dismantled after qtr time)
R8 - Lost to Dockers by 54 pts (Never in it)
R9 - Lost to Dogs by 91 pts (Destroyed)
R10 - Lost to Lions by 119 pts (Destroyed)
R17 - Lost to Dockers by 51pts (Never In It)
R20 - Lost to Scum by 26 pts (Jumped by 24pts in 1st Qtr and couldn't claw it back)
R23 - Lost to Hawks by 63 pts (Never In it)

Games where Tiges were competitive for at least half a game but couldn't sustain their efforts for 4 Qtrs:

R20 - Lost to Scum by 26 pts (Jumped by 24pts in 1st Qtr and couldn't claw it back)
All i see is a lot of smashing there. The only thing that matters is the final score.
Strap yourself in for a very long 2025 season. It's only going to get worse/.

Basically we were looking ok the 1st few weeks, then injuries took hold and we fell away from Rd 5. Then Rd 11 we started being a bit competitive for a month or so, then we started counting down the weeks till the season ended.

Reactions: 1 users
All i see is a lot of smashing there. The only thing that matters is the final score.
Strap yourself in for a very long 2025 season. It's only going to get worse/.
In your initial post that I was responding to you were incredulous about the Tiges being competitive in any of their games, which isn’t borne out by the facts.

Basically we were looking ok the 1st few weeks, then injuries took hold and we fell away from Rd 5. Then Rd 11 we started being a bit competitive for a month or so, then we started counting down the weeks till the season ended.
Upon reviewing the final scores (including the Qtrs) It was interesting to see what it felt like my eyes were telling me.

There were a number of games where they fell away after reasonable efforts and periods of competitiveness due to various reasons including team balance, maturity of personnel, lack of playing time with one another, strength of the opposition ultimately overwhelming them etc.

It’s a tough game and it doesn’t take much to get torched, let alone when fielding the team the Tiges were forced to field for much of the season.

Last edited:
Not that this would have much bearing on anything, but didn't someone here mention that Yze would have multiple meetings during the week, whereas Dimma would just have the one?
I know players kind of roll their eyes at just how many meetings they have to attend in the week during the football season.

Reactions: 1 user
Not that this would have much bearing on anything, but didn't someone here mention that Yze would have multiple meetings during the week, whereas Dimma would just have the one?
I know players kind of roll their eyes at just how many meetings they have to attend in the week during the football season.
Still, makes sense for a new coach to do that, especially when compared to someone who had been coaching the same players for half their careers.