Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Dimma has an outstanding people person. Every phone call was tailored to that individual and he was in the moment making jokes and being thoughtful (e.g. saying something to their family if he was on loudspeaker).

Chris Newman is an excellent person in this area, so Yze has surrounded himself with at least one assistant coach who covers this area really well.
Have a look at the Dimma / Ben Miller debut meeting. Cold as ice. Dimma's jokes are as plastic as his new club.

Reactions: 1 user
Have a look at the Dimma / Ben Miller debut meeting. Cold as ice. Dimma's jokes are as plastic as his new club.

Either way, Dimma displayed a high level of emotional awareness towards the player, was always in the moment reacting to new information coming back at him from the player, and the players loved him.

And if I remember correctly, he didn't have a single player walk out on him during his first 5 years at the club. Matt White was the first after 2014, then Deledio in 2016 off memory.

Reactions: 3 users
Either way, Dimma displayed a high level of emotional awareness towards the player, was always in the moment reacting to new information coming back at him from the player, and the players loved him.

And if I remember correctly, he didn't have a single player walk out on him during his first 5 years at the club. Matt White was the first after 2014, then Deledio in 2016 off memory.
Well, Ooze is in his 1st year and he and the players will grow closer as the years go on. IMO, his body language shows a smile and an approachable person without the ego Dimma showed.

Reactions: 1 users

I wouldn't say Dimma is bad at the relationship stuff. He's clearly capable at driving a good culture. Mac Andrew and one other have said how Dimma has made the place fun to go to.
But saying because Yze is different to Dimma, he's not good at building relationships, not sure you can draw that conclusion.

It's odd though, the media and PRE have run a image that Yze is soft and too nice to his players. Yet here we have criticism he might not be as effective at building relationships and he needs to toughen up. Some inconsistency in that discussion somewhere.

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't say Dimma is bad at the relationship stuff. He's clearly capable at driving a good culture. Mac Andrew and one other have said how Dimma has made the place fun to go to.
But saying because Yze is different to Dimma, he's not good at building relationships, not sure you can draw that conclusion.

It's odd though, the media and PRE have run a image that Yze is soft and too nice to his players. Yet here we have criticism he might not be as effective at building relationships and he needs to toughen up. Some inconsistency in that discussion somewhere.
You make a good point that there's more than one way to build relationships, and while Yze's is different to Dimma's, it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. The head coach is one of many leaders within a larger club.

Yep. The debut videos show it all on how 'he' approaches the players, announces it and sticks with them for a few minutes rather than just walking away.

What?!?
Are you forgetting the great Gus Graham?
And Mitch Morton.

The whole search and apparently out of the box process in finding our new coach was an interesting exercise.
Time will tell.

Interesting reading about Mitchell’s pitch to Hawks Board about that game plan……might be just a fancy way of saying we want to get games into the young blokes, but sounds like it was a pretty positive plan to focus on 23 year and under players and develop a specific game plan around that group. Never liked Mitchell as a player, but always thought he’d be a pretty sharp coach and it’s panning out that way.
One big difference Mitchell multi premiership winner, Ouzo played during the shemons tanking era

Maybe they tried to teach a game plan but found that the players needed skills coaching before they could take that step. If you find the players don't have the skills to execute any plan you need to drill the skills first.

By the sound of how training went it sure looks like Dimma left a mess. What was he doing in the last couple of years that our players have such sub-standard skills?

DS
Shagging the sales girl

Reactions: 2 users
Lot of talk here about players not enjoying being at the club and this is somehow Yze's fault.

I have no idea about what goes on in the inner sanctums, and neither does anyone else.

But it seems people here have short memories. Was there ever talk of Richmond being a fun place before we were successful? Do you think the players enjoyed going in to the club in 2016? Did they look like they were enjoying their football in 2016?

Richmond would not be a fun place at the moment, the lack of success has a lot of causes but they are not things which can be fixed quickly - a sub-standard list coming off a few flags and no low draft picks is a clear problem, not to mention the injuries.

Clearly Hardwick turned it around and we all know he changed his approach . . . a big change in Hardwick happened between 2016 and 2017. I hope Yze can turn it around too, I also hope we give him the chance to do so as this year is more a reflection of where the team is at the moment. What Yze can be as a coach I don't think we will know for a couple more years.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Lot of talk here about players not enjoying being at the club and this is somehow Yze's fault.

I have no idea about what goes on in the inner sanctums, and neither does anyone else.

But it seems people here have short memories. Was there ever talk of Richmond being a fun place before we were successful? Do you think the players enjoyed going in to the club in 2016? Did they look like they were enjoying their football in 2016?

Richmond would not be a fun place at the moment, the lack of success has a lot of causes but they are not things which can be fixed quickly - a sub-standard list coming off a few flags and no low draft picks is a clear problem, not to mention the injuries.

Clearly Hardwick turned it around and we all know he changed his approach . . . a big change in Hardwick happened between 2016 and 2017. I hope Yze can turn it around too, I also hope we give him the chance to do so as this year is more a reflection of where the team is at the moment. What Yze can be as a coach I don't think we will know for a couple more years.

DS
Won’t see out the contract

We were competitive in a lot of matches with only 26 fit players on our list.
Yze pre season said his game plan revolves around bookends Lynch and Gibcus.

Reactions: 4 users
Have it on good authority some players have struggled connecting with Yze. Hopefully it’s something he can develop and get better at.
I think it's a bit like dad has left and the kids don't like the new step dad.

Yze had players who didn't want to be there, coaches he didn't want, a fitness guy who was in over his head. He gets to have a say in all that now.

Reactions: 12 users
I think it's a bit like dad has left and the kids don't like the new step dad.

Yze had players who didn't want to be there, coaches he didn't want, a fitness guy who was in over his head. He gets to have a say in all that now.
Yep and is about to draft in a whole heap of elite talent that will probably love him.

Reactions: 12 users
Yep. Ooze way or the highway.
If you listen to the players that have left. They talk about the importance of passing on the tradition, legacy and culture thats been created. Similar to a Geeelong and Sydney.
Been interesting if this is being held up by the new coaches or are they bringing in their own culture

some senior players is what Ive been told.
And from the outside looking in some senior players coasted along with x amount of premiership medals around there neck thinking they are above the "team", the best think Yze done was to move the premiership photos, way to many living of past glory.

Last edited: