Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

some senior players is what Ive been told.

Comes across as a bit awkward and from the outside seems like a poor communicator.

Definitely not a strong personality type like a Hardwick, Kingsley, Mitchell, C.Scott etc.

The young guys always buy in as they want to cement a place in the side etc.

Not choosing someone as coach is now stabbing them in the back?
It is when for 6 years you were promised the job and all players were informed of the secret transition

But the club spooked for some reason.

Yze will be a much better coach then mini but you can't expect unity when you burn trust

Reactions: 1 user
Which? He seems to get on well with most especially the kids.
Yeah. The kids seem in. It appears it's some of the older players who still yearn for Papa Dimma or Uncle Mini.
A bit of the tail wagging the dog. Happy to clean out those not onboard.

Reactions: 11 users
It is when for 6 years you were promised the job and all players were informed of the secret transition

But the club spooked for some reason.

Yze will be a much better coach then mini but you can't expect unity when you burn trust
Truly amazing how all those players kept the secret deal quiet over such a long period. Not one of them leaked it to the media or mentioned it to anyone.
Incredible

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Truly amazing how all those players kept the secret deal quiet over such a long period. Not one of them leaked it to the media or mentioned it to anyone.
Incredible
They did leak it it was well documented in the book written after the 19 premiership

It clearly stat's mcqualter who club has dubbed next senior coach

But of course the obsession with hardwick blinded others from what us fans knew

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
They did leak it it was well documented in the book written after the 19 premiership

Which book was that? I have all the premiership books so I can look it up.
Was it the Konrad Marshall book? Which page is it on?

Don’t bother trying to explain it to them Scooty! They’ll never get it. Only you and me get it matey.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
If he can turn it around from here after the mass exodus and the soul being sucked out of the place than he will go down in history.
I'm not going to judge until after next year but he is on a long dark road.

Reactions: 3 users
No concern for me we had a few bad apples in senior players not on the same page see ya later.
D30 the bad apples you talk about are all senior premiership heroes. Some of whom are in their prime and arguably our best.

The appointment of Yze was all about the future. Fine. However, Dan and Shai were clearly part of that future prior to Yze coming on board. In my eyes the loss of Dan (Richmond royalty) and Shai (our best) is an indictment on the club and coaching staff.

Yze had had to munch on a *smile* sandwich all season.
Ageed. *smile* S&C, *smile* recruiting, *smile* extensions to underwhelming players, *smile* messaging to members, *smile* exit of our CEO.

However, a future focus should have been built on the outstanding legacy of our dynasty. Not a dismantling of it.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to be completely delusional to think that it has nothing to do with Yze

We have gone from back to back flags, to back to back wooden spoons in 4 years.

Lets hope the talent we get in the draft is worth the pain.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If he can turn it around from here after the mass exodus and the soul being sucked out of the place than he will go down in history.
I'm not going to judge until after next year but he is on a long dark road.
He’s certainly got a seemingly insurmountable task. It’s just unbelievable what has happened since 2020. I can’t see him lasting long term.

So that's another two trophies for the cabinet this year and next plus a massive haul of the best young kids in the comp. What pain is there to complain about?
Can never have to many wooden spoons for stirring the soup or stew with any way.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
He still has time but it has been a horror first year. It looks like Shai, Danny, Dusty, Fridge and Bakes will all leave for other clubs. It's very similar to the performance of Meehan in his first year. I hoped Meehan would turn it around too but his second year was just as bad. Some coaches are great assistant's but not senior coaches. Let's hope Yze isn't one of those.

You have to be completely delusional to think that it has nothing to do with Yze

Look at the efforts under Hardwick, Mini and then McQualter of our senior players. They realised we weren't good enough and stopped doing Richmond Man things. They'd given up a while ago. Weren't prepared to do the hard yards if there was little chance of the reward at the end.
When our season went Sth very quickly under Yze because of injuries, the effort dropped off. We were competitive even when not winning under him, until it was not going to happen. Then the efforts dropped off. The injuries mounted.
Great players who stop applying themselves consistently are no better than a role player.
RFC has tried last attempts for a couple of years because Dimma and our core were together. It's now too hard for some.
We need to clean house and start again. Yze will be lucky to survive the rebuild, but it's not his fault he got us on the decline. It's ours.

Reactions: 14 users
I’m more inclined to the view that if these senior players want out because they are yearning for Dimma and therefore haven’t connected with Yze, it reflects poorly on them as professionals. It’s a huge contrast with players like Broad, Prestia and Lynch.

Reactions: 13 users