Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I’m more inclined to the view that if these senior players want out because they are yearning for Dimma and therefore haven’t connected with Yze, it reflects poorly on them as professionals. It’s a huge contrast with players like Broad, Prestia and Lynch.
Reckon its a 2 way street yo.

Reactions: 1 user
It is when for 6 years you were promised the job and all players were informed of the secret transition

But the club spooked for some reason.

Yze will be a much better coach then mini but you can't expect unity when you burn trust
Something has gone wrong at the club.

My gut tells me that the club is in full rebuild mode. Became apparent this snr group of players lost the hunger & we’re clearing the decks for the next tilt before Tassie comes in. Call it a 5 year plan.
100% that's what's happening. Decisions were made on that mid-year. As soon as finals were not going to happen, it was the new direction.

Reactions: 5 users
Lol at the angst around what’s happening at the club

Our dynasty finished four years ago and the majority of stars have retired.

In that time we had no good draft picks.

What the hell did people expect would happen?

This place has gone full retard in 2024

Reactions: 9 users
No excuses next year.. all the 'I hate Yze,' fan club will be gone.
And he will have a fit Hopper lynch and Dow.
Top 4 should be the lowest accepted finish.

If Hawthorn can do it just adding Ammorossi, Chol & Givivian.
What damage will Jagga Lalor and Langford cause??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Top 4? You're dying to have a reason to sack Yze aren't you?

We'll be lucky not to be bottom 4.
Most of Hawthorn's kids have 50 games under their belt. Ours are lucky to be breaking 20.

Reactions: 6 users

Rubbish

There will be more pain next season but we are building the first 50 games into our kids

Also we need to go back to the draft well

Reactions: 3 users

Zips,reckon we could have a fit 25 players,but there needs to be more than that.A gameplan that gets us more than 70 points comes to mind.

Lol at the angst around what’s happening at the club

Our dynasty finished four years ago and the majority of stars have retired.

In that time we had no good draft picks.

What the hell did people expect would happen?

This place has gone full retard in 2024
5 picks inside 30 in 2021. I’d say that’s some reasonable picks.

A decline post dynasty was, as you’ve said inevitable, but nowhere in the “master plan” did we expect to have our worst season in the clubs history a mere four years after a premiership.

I think it’s pretty clear that the club has lost its way and it’s going to be a long, hard and painful slog to find it again.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
5 picks inside 30 in 2021. I’d say that’s some reasonable picks.

A decline post dynasty was, as you’ve said inevitable, but nowhere in the “master plan” did we expect to have our worst season in the clubs history a mere four years after a premiership.

I think it’s pretty clear that the club has lost its way and it’s going to be a long, hard and painful slog to find it again.
No one thought we'd be here. Who plans for this?
Fyi - we had over 180 games lost to injury in 2023.
We had over 260 games lost this year.

You could be as Dominant as the Lions three-peat dynasty, you lose that many games you're not finishing top 4.

Perhaps we should have moved on meehan after '23, but you've got to field 22 of your best 30 to compete.

Reactions: 4 users
It's a game of relationships.

Yze is a great coach, but nothing special when it comes to cultivating relationships.

So far I think the issue is Yze hasn't been doing it on his terms. Almost like he has tip toed through the season not wanting to upset anyone. That is not the way to do it. You need to own the group. You need to do it your way whether people agree or not. Yeah you may upset players and staff but in the end if you fail at least it was your way. Unless he turns it around and starts putting his stamp on the team and surrounds he is headed for failure.

Reactions: 3 users

You'd best prepare for some serious disappointment. Honestly, I'd be stoked if we somehow avoid the wooden spoon again.

It's a game of relationships.

Yze is a great coach, but nothing special when it comes to cultivating relationships.
How do you know? Are you on the inner sanctum? He was known for being an approachable mentor and a good leader in other clubs.
I think it's got more to do with the fact we're going to lose, and probably a lot. Some guys don't want to finish out their careers like that. So long as they do it in a dignified and professional way, as much as it might hurt short term, we'll get compensated and have the chance for another run at the finals.

How do you know? Are you on the inner sanctum? He was known for being an approachable mentor and a good leader in other clubs.
I think it's got more to do with the fact we're going to lose, and probably a lot. Some guys don't want to finish out their careers like that. So long as they do it in a dignified and professional way, as much as it might hurt short term, we'll get compensated and have the chance for another run at the finals.

I'm just going by his phone calls to new draftees last year. He recited the same memorised script to both draftees, came across as awkward, and said the same generic praise to both of them.

I studied Dimma's interactions in prior years and it was night and day.

Note that I just said he isn't special in this area, not that he's poor.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just going by his phone calls to new draftees last year. He recited the same memorised script to both draftees, came across as awkward, and said the same generic praise to both of them.

I studied Dimma's interactions in prior years and it was night and day.
I've never seen the younger players lift under Dimma. Mozza and Hugo as two examples....even Mansell.

I've never seen the younger players lift under Dimma. Mozza and Hugo as two examples....even Mansell.

Dimma has an outstanding people person. Every phone call was tailored to that individual and he was in the moment making jokes and being thoughtful (e.g. saying something to their family if he was on loudspeaker).

Chris Newman is an excellent person in this area, so Yze has surrounded himself with at least one assistant coach who covers this area really well.