Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Have it on good authority some players have struggled connecting with Yze. Hopefully it’s something he can develop and get better at.
I reckon there is something in that. Definitely picked up on that throughout the year. Seemed to have a pretty good connection with the younger guys but seemed to struggle with some of the senior players.

Reactions: 1 user
Given the current question around Martin and GC,maybe we sack YZE . Have Martin engaged as a Playing coach.Surely that will spark a lot of interest.

• Haha
The senior players outside of broady cracked it internally when the club backstabbed mini

This is just revenge

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I think…well, it doesn’t matter wtf I think but generally I reckon the club has handled the sending off of the premiership heroes well, getting them to 300 where applicable. They’ve allowed Dusty to be himself throughout his career. This year he got all the space he needed, but it was a constant distraction. Doesn’t matter if he goes to the GC, it’s over. The players who maybe sulked after Hardwick left can now leave if they want, or play out their careers in the VFL. Were they the ones not connecting with Yze? Yze had had to munch on a *smile* sandwich all season. That’s done. Time for clear air for those who want to remain. I reckon they might be relieved.

Reactions: 8 users
I reckon there is something in that. Definitely picked up on that throughout the year. Seemed to have a pretty good connection with the younger guys but seemed to struggle with some of the senior players.
Could be more some of the senior players can't be arsed connecting with the new coach.

Reactions: 5 users
The senior players outside of broady cracked it internally when the club backstabbed mini

This is just revenge
So what about Flossy n Grimes n Presty n Ross n Taranto n Short n Lynch n Balta n Hoppity n Nank n KMac n Pickett? They all went the revenge attack as well coz Mini didn't get the job? Phhht rubbish scooter tooter.

Reactions: 2 users

This is just revenge
Awesome. Can finally put that rumour to bed. If Big Scooty says it happened, can 100% guarantee it didn't.

• Haha
Interesting question. Key training drills (and there are at least 3 separate drills) focus on pressure and two way running. These became more apparent in the last 2 months of the season, specifically the 2 way running drills. There was one pressure drill that was run during pre-season and the early season and then dropped later in the year.

But to my view these drills in the last couple of months were more teaching drills. I got/get the impression that the coaching team knows they need a transition and need to teach the new gameplan (gameplan phases) in bits and almost more in prep for next year. (That's how it came across to me at least.)

Up until the last month there was a couple of tackling drills every main session. As @caesar discussed with me, given the AFL/AFLPA position on head knocks heavy tackling/contact training is limited to (I believe) 20 minutes or so per week.

Interesting that a couple of players (notably Sam Banks) would do specific tackling drills once training had concluded. So it is a focus at least for some.

Maybe they tried to teach a game plan but found that the players needed skills coaching before they could take that step. If you find the players don't have the skills to execute any plan you need to drill the skills first.

By the sound of how training went it sure looks like Dimma left a mess. What was he doing in the last couple of years that our players have such sub-standard skills?

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they tried to teach a game plan but found that the players needed skills coaching before they could take that step. If you find the players don't have the skills to execute any plan you need to drill the skills first.

By the sound of how training went it sure looks like Dimma left a mess. What was he doing in the last couple of years that our players have such sub-standard skills?

DS
Nothing but looking in the mirror trying to show he's a messiah.

DS
Dimma’s last preseason camp the footies didn’t even come out!!

Reactions: 2 users

DS
Fair/good point. A lot of the new drills are skills focused.

Reactions: 1 users