Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Benny Gale will always be a Richmond Man hes been at the club for nearly all of his adult life.

He will also always be a Tasmanian and he will do a fantastic job getting the Tazzy Maniacs up and running.

The man for the job he's pretty much achieved everything he could've at the RFC with the Redevelopment being his last legacy set in motion.

A new challenge.
I reckon even when the Tassie team comes in he will be sitting at home whenever possible on the couch with a beer cheering the Tiges on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Soccer H-Sc GIF by Hampden-Sydney College
Adems new concept for next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
A genuine question so far..is Adem developing a game plan that will win finals?

In year one of our tenure our pressure gauge was poor.

Sure some personnel was missing but too sporadically our pressure & tackling was well down too. This used to be our strength. It deserted us.

Sure hope he's paying attention this finals series.

More scrutiny will come this year.

Reactions: 6 users

Sure some personnel was missing but too sporadically our pressure & tackling was well down too. This used to be our strength. It deserted us.

No would be my view. Let’s see what 2025 looks like with touch wood, healthy list and injection of elite talent, albeit young.

Reactions: 1 user

Interesting question. Key training drills (and there are at least 3 separate drills) focus on pressure and two way running. These became more apparent in the last 2 months of the season, specifically the 2 way running drills. There was one pressure drill that was run during pre-season and the early season and then dropped later in the year.

But to my view these drills in the last couple of months were more teaching drills. I got/get the impression that the coaching team knows they need a transition and need to teach the new gameplan (gameplan phases) in bits and almost more in prep for next year. (That's how it came across to me at least.)

Up until the last month there was a couple of tackling drills every main session. As @caesar discussed with me, given the AFL/AFLPA position on head knocks heavy tackling/contact training is limited to (I believe) 20 minutes or so per week.

Interesting that a couple of players (notably Sam Banks) would do specific tackling drills once training had concluded. So it is a focus at least for some.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
This is a silly question after the season we’ve had

Folks need to treat it as Hardwick’s last year, or what should’ve been the last

Clean out has only just begun. Yze begins with clear air in 2025

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
This is a silly question after the season we’ve had

Folks need to treat it as Hardwick’s last year, or what should’ve been the last

Clean out has only just begun. Yze begins with clear air in 2025
I get this, and I agree with it to a point, but it does put pressure on Yze to deliver something a bit different next season.

I'm wondering if even Ooze knew this about Duz going by his statement on AFL360 when he said he prefers players announce during the season that they want to leave the club ala NRL players.

No would be my view. Let’s see what 2025 looks like with touch wood, healthy list and injection of elite talent, albeit young.

Hawthorn took 68 games to somewhat embed their gameplan. Far too soon to be making that judgement on Yze.

Reactions: 8 users
As hard as it will be, next year we want to finish bottom 3 again.
I expect 2027 we will start to see the fruits of our rebuild.

Reactions: 5 users
Hawthorn took 68 games to somewhat embed their gameplan. Far too soon to be making that judgement on Yze.
Interesting reading about Mitchell’s pitch to Hawks Board about that game plan……might be just a fancy way of saying we want to get games into the young blokes, but sounds like it was a pretty positive plan to focus on 23 year and under players and develop a specific game plan around that group. Never liked Mitchell as a player, but always thought he’d be a pretty sharp coach and it’s panning out that way.

Have it on good authority some players have struggled connecting with Yze. Hopefully it’s something he can develop and get better at.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users